Extra resin and Pewter

Eaglewood

Sr Member
I am working on a variety of projects at any given time, and as you well know, there is left over resin and whatever that you usually just let harden and then throw away. Well, i had a mold of my sons face and during a series of projects that I was doing, started dumping the extra resin into the mold. Here is the result.
I had some melted pewter from another project and instead of making it back into ingots, I did this --

I really like them both!! I think Im gonna display them at the Arnold Expo at my booth after a little clean up.

I love the look of the pewter, just hinting at a face. What type of mold material did you use that could handle melted pewter...and how did it actually hold up to the temperatures?

And forget cleanup, the pewter one has such great character as is.

-Nick

I love the look of the pewter, just hinting at a face. What type of mold material did you use that could handle melted pewter...and how did it actually hold up to the temperatures?

And forget cleanup, the pewter one has such great character as is.

-Nick

I actually used Body Double-- It smoked a bit but held up. I wouldnt suggest using it all the time.-- I usually use either Mold Max 30 or Sorta Clear 18 or 40 for the Pewter. They hold up well and have a bit of flexibility to remove the piece. If its not a complex piece I use Mold Max 60, , it holds up to the heat best but is really easily broken cause its so stiff.

I agree-- not doing anything with the Pewter one-- It is great the way it is.

Thanks!!:thumbsup

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back