Greedo Blaster Discussion

Those look pretty good. I'd like to see some better photos of the stylus brush rod as well.

Does it look to anyone else as if the transrotor connectors are rotated 90 degrees on Greedo's gun from their orientation on the Jawa gun?

What's everybody seeing as far as orientation and placement of the whole "missile" assembly?

Here's what I'm seeing on Greedo's gun.

Also, I think the connectors from Shapeways are too short.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405989508612.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405989508612.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Definitely not over here, just getting ready for my anh solo blaster build. Love this thread for my eventual greedo blaster to go along with it :)

looking great!!! did you just glue the plugs and the tomtit motor cover to the ejector or did you attach it otherwise?

Markus

I drilled into the bolt and threaded 8-32 for the cylinder cover, tapped the plugs and threaded them together with 1/4-20 all thread, then cut a small divot into one side to sit on top of the screw head holding the cylinder cover to the bolt. Glued that sucker down.

Used a fellow members idea for the push rods, cutting the stems off, drilling, and using a brass rod through the entire assembly for rigidity.

Also, to mount the stylus brush rods straight, I cut some thin lengths of sheet styrene, glued them to the receiver, then glued the missile assemblies to them. Still not 100% sure on the orientation of the stylus brush rods (holes facing up/down vs facing out sideways) and the transrotor pieces (which I believe are too short). When we know for certain, I'll likely find a more rigid way of affixing all these parts. For now, I've got everything set up as I'm seeing it in the (tiny, blurry) reference photos that we have.

Last edited:
I'm just starting with my Greedo Blaster Build using an airsoft Ruger,

just gathering parts at the moment, was going to just use what I had laying around the house but figured if the Mitchell parts are on shapeways I'd rather use them than a pen :lol

I know good pictures of this blaster are scarce especially the left side but I was wondering what people are doing on the left hand side of their blaster builds?

I've been looking through build threads but can't really find pics of the left side of peoples blasters

Dann, it looks like you need to rotated to the trans rotor piece so that the cut out area is on the outside. It can be seen in these reference photos. Also looks like you may need to move the whole rocket assembly back a little bit. Just my opinion base on these photos. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• GreedoGun_Edit_1.jpg
    GreedoGun_Edit_1.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 238
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 219
But that's the jawa version. If you read my previous posts, I'm saying that on Greedo's gun it looks like those parts are oriented the way I have them. Look carefully at the photo with George where Greedo is sitting.

The way the light is hitting the transrotor part is showing me a curve, hinting that they're turned 90° from their position on the jawa gun.

You could be right about the whole assembly needing to scoot back a bit, but I don't have the other cone shaped sweep arm part on there, which may make it seem that it's sitting too far forward.

It looks to me like the knurled section on the stylus rod ends just before the end of the cylinder cover. If the assembly needs to scoot back, I don't think it'd be more than a couple millimeters.

Last edited:
Here's better photos.

uploadfromtaptalk1406934717573.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406934724052.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406934731656.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406934738691.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406934745863.jpg

I s'pose another thing to consider is the bent and shortened front "antenna". Is it possible they did that on purpose for ease of holstering?

Yes the one photo is a jawa but the second is Greedo's. As for the photo with Lucas hard to really tell its very fuzzy but if you look at how the light is reflected in the photo with the gun pointed at Han's face that may help with orientation.

As for the length do you have better info than scaling the reference photos? I am open to making any mods that would be required which has been many to this point. Any help you can provide would be great.

Actually that second photo is a photochop job. It's just a picture of the jawa gun with Greedo's hand pasted in. That's from the partsofsw site. It's the exact same photo of the jawa blaster you posted, just rotated, and the muzzle is also photo shopped in.

Last edited:
Okay. But do you have any better information or clearer photos to help with accuracy? There is not really any great photos of this gun.

Nah man, I'm just calling 'em how I sees 'em. I'm not saying i know for sure, that's why I was asking for input, what others are seeing. And I appreciate yours, I'm just seeing something different.

I wish there were better photos. Maybe Chris will chime in, he usually has access to more reference than we do.

Also, regarding the trans rotor parts, if you go back to the first post, I'm looking at the photo of Luke's arm. I think the correct trans rotor parts are the ones on the right, further up his forearm. They're slightly longer. The ones at his wrist are the ones you've replicated. From comparing the photos, it looks like the ones on the right are a touch longer, and I believe those are the correct ones.

I'm sorry, I didn't put it together at first that these were your work. I think you've done a darn great job with the parts, and I'm happy with them. I'm just trying to get it right, as are we all. If you end up making new trans rotor parts, I'll happily buy those, too. It would be awesome if you also made the sweep arm part that sits at the butt end of the missile assembly.

The photos we have to work with suck.

Last edited:
Shoot, Carson even says it right here! We need to be better readers!

2880836894_a17d33eaa3_o_zpsa57c4ba7.jpg~original

The two larger fittings appear to be one of the parts previously making up the 'missile'-like pieces that are cast into both sides of Greedo's blaster:

2oasfoedit_zpsa81715b9.png~original

-Carson

It looks like the one Markus is holding right here is the correct one.

Markus, give us those measurements, sir! :)

Last edited:
as written in post #60, toolguy based his 3D prints on my real connector...just made it shorter.
IMHO the real connector I posted pics of is too long so we are looking for something in between...

Markus

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back