Fierfek's Iron Man 3 Mark VIII Pepakura Files

Re: Fierfek's Iron Man Mark VIII Pepakura File

anyone know how the helmet will open up? the chin looks like its gonna stay still and only the faceplate will move? :confused
Yeah, it looks like the chin will be static, but maybe the back half will expand outward.

Can i get the OBJ file please?
Or similar?
I will only be making the PDO file available, if you need a model for 3D printing or something send me a PM.

amazing work man, can't wait to see the end result...are you planning to do the whole suit?
Thanks, I might do the whole suit eventually as more reference material is available and after I finish up some other models.

Alright, the model is now finished, unfolded and available. However, I will not be releasing my pep file for free. Considering the effort and work I put into the model, I am offering it for a small and fair sum.

For more details check out my premium pep file thread here or send me a PM.

Thank you to all for following my work. There will be more great peps to come.

However, I will not be releasing my pep file for free. Considering the effort and work I put into the model, I am offering it for a small and fair sum.

I can can hear the newbies complaining already. :lol

Personally, I think it's a great move, we should all be willing to support the hard work of those who give us the means to help achieve these nerdy dreams. And if people aren't willing to do that, too bad for them.

Great job! Can't wait to see people starting to put these puppies together.

-Nick

I can can hear the newbies complaining already. :lol

Personally, I think it's a great move, we should all be willing to support the hard work of those who give us the means to help achieve these nerdy dreams. And if people aren't willing to do that, too bad for them.

Great job! Can't wait to see people starting to put these puppies together.

-Nick

Thanks for your understanding and endorsement of my work and choice. I know some people sometimes don't understand or appreciate the fact that quality work costs a little more. Otherwise, they will have to settle for second rate work. I'm sorry if people are disappointed in my choice not to hand these out for free, but I take pride in my work and hope others will respect that.

Last edited:

Thanks for your understanding and endorsement of my work and choice. I know some people sometimes don't understand or appreciate the fact that quality work costs a little more. Otherwise, they will have to settle for second rate work. I'm sorry if people are disappointed in my choice not to hand these out for free, but I take pride in my work and hope others will respect that.

Complete respect and understanding on that one. Your helmet is looking great and this is by far the best pep helmet out there. My model (for finhead) will not be released for pep or otherwise. Considering the time and effort I put into mine, i know how you feel when people ask for handouts and free stuff. Keep up the awesome work my friend.

Awesome work! That's great you already have the design for the Mark VIII helmet..I'm tempted to go that route but I have the Mark VII files now for foam..

Decisions, decisions...:)

Complete respect and understanding on that one. Your helmet is looking great and this is by far the best pep helmet out there. My model (for finhead) will not be released for pep or otherwise. Considering the time and effort I put into mine, i know how you feel when people ask for handouts and free stuff. Keep up the awesome work my friend.

Wow, thanks! Coming from you that means a lot to me. I had no idea that helmet Finhead is producing was modeled by you. Your work is truly inspiring, I wouldn't be surprised if you worked for ILM.

Wow, thanks! Coming from you that means a lot to me. I had no idea that helmet Finhead is producing was modeled by you. Your work is truly inspiring, I wouldn't be surprised if you worked for ILM.

Thank you man, i appreciate your compliments

I'm just a all self taught modeler and do this as a hobby in my spare time. Having an incredibly picky eye for detail is both a blessing and a curse. I never feel like models are done but they usually turn out pretty well :lol

and i'd LOVE to work for ILM or Legacy Studios. oh man.. That'd be a dream come true

You 2 guys (Fierfek and Bimmer) are the BEST! :thumbsup

I already have in mind that its you (Bimmer) who model the Mk8 for Finhead by simply referring to the quality of the model (and so does other of the 3D printed one he made:D... just a hunch - i may be wrong).

Fierfek, it is completely understandable that NOT everything is for FREE. You have my respect and I hope other people understand it too.

You 2 have been so generous in sharing your top notch pep file and a few model (not for FREE) IMO is not a problem.

Thanks to both of you and keep up the good work you 2.

cheers!

Thank you man, i appreciate your compliments

I'm just a all self taught modeler and do this as a hobby in my spare time. Having an incredibly picky eye for detail is both a blessing and a curse. I never feel like models are done but they usually turn out pretty well :lol

and i'd LOVE to work for ILM or Legacy Studios. oh man.. That'd be a dream come true
Same here, I am self taught in this as well. Believe me, I understand about having a picky eye and never feeling like the model is done, but having to stop at some point.

You and me both man, what I would give to be a special FX artist for ILM. You probably would have a better shot at it though, much to learn I still have.:lol

You 2 guys (Fierfek and Bimmer) are the BEST! :thumbsup

I already have in mind that its you (Bimmer) who model the Mk8 for Finhead by simply referring to the quality of the model (and so does other of the 3D printed one he made:D... just a hunch - i may be wrong).

Fierfek, it is completely understandable that NOT everything is for FREE. You have my respect and I hope other people understand it too.

You 2 have been so generous in sharing your top notch pep file and a few model (not for FREE) IMO is not a problem.

Thanks to both of you and keep up the good work you 2.

cheers!

Thanks for your understanding, respect, and kind words. You are another great person in this community who has inspired myself and countless others by your outstanding work ethic and encouraging conduct.

Fantastic model Fierfek, I will be buying the Pep shortly.
I've gone through some reference pics and believe you can still make some minor adjustments to make it even more accurate. Some of these can be fixed when applying the body filler, but I thought I'd bring it up.
See attached.

Fantastic model Fierfek, I will be buying the Pep shortly.
I've gone through some reference pics and believe you can still make some minor adjustments to make it even more accurate. Some of these can be fixed when applying the body filler, but I thought I'd bring it up.
See attached.
Thank you for choosing to support my work. From a little of what I've heard and seen, I understand that the statue at SDCC differs slightly in the smaller details from the on screen model. So, I've taken this into account when I started modeling it.

I'm not far from finishing this Pep, but I'm pretty sure it's too small. Still got the top section to do, but the bottom section is quite narrow.

I'm not far from finishing this Pep, but I'm pretty sure it's too small. Still got the top section to do, but the bottom section is quite narrow.
I set the scale around the same height as the Shark MKVI helmet, but I guess the rotation angle wasn't close enough. It will have to be scaled up a little from the default scale then.

I suggest scaling by width rather than height. Width is consistent regardless of orientation/rotation

Yea I have just finished the pep, and it's a little oddly scaledat first, but it definitely fits. I'll cut and take some pics in the morning do you can see what it looks like on a body, and then we can see what everyone things :)

I suggest scaling by width rather than height. Width is consistent regardless of orientation/rotation
Yes, this is true in most cases. The width seemed to correspond well with the height, but scaling is a creature best faced with trial and error.

Yea I have just finished the pep, and it's a little oddly scaledat first, but it definitely fits. I'll cut and take some pics in the morning do you can see what it looks like on a body, and then we can see what everyone things :)
Very good, I'm eager to see some pics of the completed pep.

Sorry I didn't post pics today I got tied up with some family crap and just got home. I'll post some pics in the am!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back