Bill & Ted Face the Music

Re: Bill and Ted 3 looking closer to becoming a reality. Excellent or bogus news?

I just watched both movies last night so this news is awesome. they would need to seriously re-vamp the 3rd film since the last two don't hold up as well.

Re: Bill and Ted 3 looking closer to becoming a reality. Excellent or bogus news?

Now come on, the first was GREAT. The sequel sucked though.

the only actor that comes to mind that could possibly replace george Carlin would be Bill Murray. I am just throwing it out there.

i told my friend today, the first was charming and fun. the second one just had high production value. they need more time traveling in the 3rd one! maybe go back to the first film BTTF 2 style.

Why? :lol :unsure

Now if they could go visit their younger selves at some point (CG, use of old footage or alternate takes, etc)..or even be the ones to go back to the first film and set up the distractions used in the police station. Sure that would be laborious but it would be fun to see....at least as a short film or bonus feature.

While I LOVE both 1 and 2, I think that humor would fall short of today's 'younger' audience.

I doubt they'd really get it without thinking it was stupid.

Besides, how can you do an Excellent Adventure without Carlin??

Yeah, not sure how they can manage with no Rufus. Still I'll be interested to see what they do with it. I hope they can recapture the feeling of Excellent Adventure. Wasn't very keen on Bogus Journey, loved EA.

Now come on, the first was GREAT. The sequel sucked though.

But Death was great :)

As for Rufus, he was in the second one all of 30ish seconds...What was his screen time in the first one? 5 minutes?

Rufus still made it. Every moment he was in the movie he shined.

Well they could do some kind of Dr. Who lame thing and replace him (I hope they don't)..perhaps a paradox erased him and Bill & Ted are the only ones who remember him and go on an adventure to bring him back....possibly some old footage of Rufus at the end just to indicate success without disrespecting Carlin. Even a phonebooth appearing at the end with the voice of Rufus on the other end saying, "Gentlemen..it's time!"

Now if there was to be a new "guide" I think Morgan Freeman could pull it off.

I read something somewhere, although I can't find the link now, saying that the current script has bill and ted trying to write their song that would bring peace to the world. They're middle aged now and still haven't come up with it yet so they're getting worried.

While I LOVE both 1 and 2,

I think that humor would fall short of today's 'younger' audience.

I doubt they'd really get it without thinking it was stupid.

They watch Jersey Shore, Toddlers and Tiaras, and Dance Moms A new B&T would be too intellectual for this generation

That is most triumphant news!

I've been following this for a couple of years and couldn't be more excited. The original creators are invloved, the original stars are back, and it is a sequel and not a damned reboot or remake.

Please bring back Bob Ghengis Khan and Socrates Johnson...

That is most triumphant news!

I've been following this for a couple of years and couldn't be more excited. The original creators are invloved, the original stars are back, and it is a sequel and not a damned reboot or remake.

Please bring back Bob Ghengis Khan and Socrates Johnson...

I wonder what ever happened to the royal babes? :lol

Bill and Ted 3

for all intents and purpouses, it looks like this is going to happen...

Even though George Carlin was the anchor of those movies as the guide...

this is one of the few that I think could work so long after the second one.

even though I think the second one ended the franchise nicely with them fulfilling their destiny, thanks to a villain who was trying
to stop them.

I just don't know where a third one could go that the other two didn't already cover masterfully.

although they did miss an opportunity for some good jokes in the second one. they could have met Abe Lincoln from the first film in heaven ;o). lots of good jokes at death's expense, wondering how these two idiots know just as many people as he does in the after life...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back