ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

These are two entirely different helmets (Classic Stormtrooper and Premier Line Vader). The Stormtrooper helmet weight is similar to the originals because it was made the same way with vacuum formed ABS plastic. ANOVOS could make a fiberglass version of it feasibly, but then everyone would complain because the originals weren't made that way. :)

These are two entirely different helmets (Classic Stormtrooper and Premier Line Vader). The Stormtrooper helmet weight is similar to the originals because it was made the same way with vacuum formed ABS plastic. ANOVOS could make a fiberglass version of it feasibly, but then everyone would complain because the originals weren't made that way. :)
I would be interested in a fiberglass Rogue One stormtrooper helmet. They have enough detail to come across as a more realistic helmet. The OT helmets only have suggestions of detail. They aren't really meant to be scrutinized up close.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

How is the weight of the Vader Helmet? I just received my Stormtrooper ABS helmet and was a bit underwhelmed. I know the Vader is made of fiberglass and is part of the "premier" line so wanted to see if it was more "weighty"

The Vader helmet is very nice. A very good weight, as it's fiberglass, but it's also very well made. Not totally screen accurate, but it's still beautiful.
Here's mine

IMG_8750.JPG

Last edited:
It varies on what you are doing with them. If you have a technical issue, I've found it only take a day or two. But I had a refund coming to me and it took months to get it sorted out.

The helmet itself weighs in at just over 4lbs. the Mask just over 2lbs. At first think it will be heavy to wear, but the welders harness in the mask makes it effortless.

Complain about them though I do... when they deliver.. they DELIVER. Wow that thing is gorgeous.

I am consistently blown away by the products that do make it out the door. Seriously, they're stunning.

The Vader helmet is very nice. A very good weight, as it's fiberglass, but it's also very well made. Not totally screen accurate, but it's still beautiful.
Here's mine

View attachment 700175

When did you place your order? Because I placed mine November of 2014 and I just spoke with their customer service and they have no idea when it will ship. Maybe they are shipping them in alphabetical order instead of preorder date hahaha

When did you place your order? Because I placed mine November of 2014 and I just spoke with their customer service and they have no idea when it will ship. Maybe they are shipping them in alphabetical order instead of preorder date hahaha

I ordered on the 1st day it was available.
I heard that some, in the last second, had to shipped back for some kind of defect that they caught. Hopefully yours will ship soon.

I guess I'm not alone regarding the Vader helmet. I placed my order May 2015 and was told(by GotMaul and via chat) I should expect it Dec 2016. We're hitting February now.

I guess I'm not alone regarding the Vader helmet. I placed my order May 2015 and was told(by GotMaul and via chat) I should expect it Dec 2016. We're hitting February now.

I guess everyone that's ordered up to their price increase date will be getting their orders in Q1'17. I hope so!

So how is it fair that the regular TIE helmets, First Order TIE helmets, and Death Trooper helmets are all being delivered before the TIE Wingman helmet that I paid for in 2014? The latter two didn't even exist when I ordered my piece. Because of pinstripes? I am in no way trying to be disrespectful. Prop making is a very involved art, but seriously, this is excessive. I would rather have a plain one at this point. If that is an option, I would take it. But I get regular emails about ready to ship products, and it is discouraging.

Multiple products in just as many pipelines, each with their own weird rules and requirements as far as getting approved by Disney, I'm sure.

Still can be frustrating, for sure, but I don't think it's as much that some products are being pushed out instead of other older products, I think some stuff is just taking a long time while others go a lot more smoothly through the process.

It just feels like all of the other times I paid some dude for a prop and never got it and then I see him selling other stuff to other people. Its just a TIE helmet. Then I see this guy posting pics of his First Order TIE? Seriously. That did not even exist when I placed my order. Disney, sure.

It just feels like all of the other times I paid some dude for a prop and never got it and then I see him selling other stuff to other people. Its just a TIE helmet. Then I see this guy posting pics of his First Order TIE? Seriously. That did not even exist when I placed my order. Disney, sure.
The First Order TIE helmet most likely had almost nothing in common with the OT Tie as far as manufacturing. They are different materials and methods of manufacture.

I thought a post a while back from GotMaul indicated there was some kind of quality concern with the Wingman TIE. I guess at least a sample was produced.

I am waiting on the Wingman TIE, the OT stormtrooper helmet kit, and Shadowtrooper helmet kit. The helmet kits seem odd to me. They should be easier to produce than the completed helmets. My assumption is they needed all of the helmets they were able to get produced for the completed helmets.

The newer TFA items seem to get delivered closer to the original 1 year timeframe than the OT items.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back