My Star Lord Outfit Build

Awesome work man!

Ok, here is an update on my pants. For the most part They are done. I just have to create the rocket controls and blaster mounts, then i will do some weathering effects to the fabrics.
Here is couple reference pictures i have, i have others too.
View attachment 649973View attachment 649972

View attachment 649974

As you can see they have the new look but i will be aging and weathering them when i get ready to do all of it.
View attachment 649976View attachment 649975

Ok, been working on my Model of the Element Blasters, been spending couple weekend but i finally got my 3D model the way i want it. Im in the process of 3D Printing all the parts nows.

blastermodel.jpg

BlakeHudson,
I havent started my helmet but i have the 3d Model files to print and i had gotten my Light up Lens from Forum member Risu. The way he made them you can see out the lens with out the lights shining in the eyes. Look under the Project Runs section here.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a freakin' awesome build thread!

I love your belt! I have bought some leather and got the buckle and rings but I think the leather I've bought is too thick. What grain did you use for the belt?

Also, I've got a lot of the hardware (helmet, blasters, walkman) but they are all kits and need painting. Any help with what colours to use for them all? All the colours people are suggesting to me are for brands I can't get in the UK. It's so frustrating.

Ok been a month or so since i posted last. Been really busy tring to get this build done. Im pretty close to finishing. I have the Headphones and the mounts on the pants todo. But im only going to get the mounts done by the Stan Lee Comicon in 2 weeks. Here is some photos of my progress.

I got the arm badge and valve mounted, I got the jacket, pants, bag weathered. I have my element blaster done. Just need todo the holster mounts, which is about half way done.
20161009_205842.jpg20161009_205855.jpg20161009_205905.jpg20161009_205932.jpg20161009_210013.jpg20161009_210025.jpg20161016_154143.jpg

Well for all those that have been following my thread, This is the end! i am finally finished with this build, minus the headphones. Im now off on another build for Chris Pratt (Josh Farraday) in The Magnificent Seven, See below my finish photos. I will also post pictures of my Stan Lee Comicon happening next weekend so stay tuned.

20161023_115456.jpg20161023_115003.jpg

This is a freakin' awesome build thread!

I love your belt! I have bought some leather and got the buckle and rings but I think the leather I've bought is too thick. What grain did you use for the belt?

Also, I've got a lot of the hardware (helmet, blasters, walkman) but they are all kits and need painting. Any help with what colours to use for them all? All the colours people are suggesting to me are for brands I can't get in the UK. It's so frustrating.
JonnyT, after this weekend, I'll try to get some of those questions answered. I just been so busy getting my costume done for this weekends Stan Lee comicon. After that I'll get you the leather thickness, and take pictures of all the paints I used on everything, so others can do the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Turned out great :thumbsup
Soulinertia, thanks, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. The only I would do differently is use Barge contact cement.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back