Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

[video=vimeo;210176196]https://vimeo.com/210176196[/video]

My friend edited this after we were discussing the timeframe between the two movies, it isn't perfect but thought it was worth sharing!

You know,

I started watching it last night (I only saw it once in the theatre) and i fell asleep in five minutes. Every time I tried to watch more, I fell asleep. People always said the first half is really boring, but now I'm thinking they might be kinda right...

I've been playing with a what if...

What if Raddus blew the Profundity to bits after Leia got away instead of letting it be captured by the Empire?
Vader goes boom. How would the war have played out then without Vader?

I've been playing with a what if...

What if Raddus blew the Profundity to bits after Leia got away instead of letting it be captured by the Empire?
Vader goes boom. How would the war have played out then without Vader?

I was actually waiting for that to happen the first time I saw it. It would have had to happen after Vader left though.

"Anything that felt a little familiar or a little bit too much like fan service, they would kind of nudge us back the other and say, “Do something new, do something different, show us these characters.”

And that was very wise.

Apparently that guy was no working while TFA was being made.

I finished it last night.

One strange moment was when the pilot was blown up. There was a tropper in a gun battle and he just turned and threw a grenade into the shuttle. But I don't think anyone knew he was in there. It felt kind of a random shot. Like he just wanted to blow stuff up.

even though this is one of the most obnoxious internet dudes around, he kinda nails it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember there was a reason for it and it was stated in one of the hundred story links in the thread. I just can't recall which atm :)

Just bought it on Google play and watched it-I loved it,same as I loved TFA.....

Basically if you were a kid back in the 80's and after ROJ just wanted more but didn't understand why they didn't so you were happy with the Marvel comics? Yea you'll love these new films (or you should) both of these new SW films I think capture that vibe the Marvel stories did back then.

I'll be looking forward to the Han Solo one next after the next chapter of the main series.

other oddities I noticed....Neither Leia Nor Tarkin bothered me in any way.

But James Earl Jones bugged the hell out of me. What was with that vader voice?

Age.
He's 86. Given that his voice was still pretty damn good.

Put it off to the bacta tank treatment we saw earlier in the film, his voice was recovering from being in the tank. That's the ticket.

Age.
He's 86. Given that his voice was still pretty damn good.

Put it off to the bacta tank treatment we saw earlier in the film, his voice was recovering from being in the tank. That's the ticket.
I think it was more the mastering of the voice. It sounded like a raw file, rather than a produced voice over.

I didn't mind his delivery as much as the tone.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back