Here's an informal poll. What should be my next saber project

On my last run, I worked with Acerocket. Both of our runs were very close. For this one I've made some very minor tweaks. They will be pretty indistinguishable to most eyes though

Dan, Will the black pieces in the OWK1 saber be made from black anodized aluminum? Or some other black material?

Has anyone suggested a Yuma saber hilt with the short attached blade?

I would definitely be in for one.

Last edited:
Dan, Will the black pieces in the OWK1 saber be made from black anodized aluminum? Or some other black material?

On this run, the black parts and the silver parts will be connected, so I won't do the mixed material like the last one. I might have them anodized or they might just be raw aluminum I'm not sure yet.

Dan

I use metric on saber where the original was built in the UK. I use imperial on sabers where the original was built in the USA. So, my v1 saber is imperial and my v2 is metric. Why do you ask?

So, as the the shared/stunt v3. I originally planned to do this a a single saber casting. But, now I'm thinking about making this as a 4 part build. The pommel and grip will be cast, but I'm thinking that the emitter and "gear" section will be machined. This will allow me to have the seam line, the asymmetrical and oddly shaped grip ridges, the asymmetrical pommel cubes. But the machined emitter and gear will allow for the parts to be an exact copy of the original dimensions that I have. Plus they will have the set screws in place as it was on the original.

So, as the the shared/stunt v3. I originally planned to do this a a single saber casting. But, now I'm thinking about making this as a 4 part build. The pommel and grip will be cast, but I'm thinking that the emitter and "gear" section will be machined. This will allow me to have the seam line, the asymmetrical and oddly shaped grip ridges, the asymmetrical pommel cubes. But the machined emitter and gear will allow for the parts to be an exact copy of the original dimensions that I have. Plus they will have the set screws in place as it was on the original.

sounds wicked! :thumbsup

I have great interest in both the Shared Stunt and the Ep 1 Obi, so I'm stoked to see that you're moving forward on both of those! I'm also happy to hear that you'd like to do the Council Sabers some day. I'd love to have all four of those in a matching set, all made by the same person. I have two of them, and they're nice on their own, but they just don't look right next to each other.

Another one I'd like to see that hasn't been mentioned is a Qui-Gon saber. I know it seems to be relatively low on the popularity scale, but I bet if you made it people would snap it up. There's not many options out there for it, and Qui-Gon is such an important character. For my money he's the best Jedi character in all of the Prequel Trilogy.

amazing to hear!

coiincidentally, since the shared stunt's nipple is missing, will this one include a separate cylinder that could be set screwed in, or -edited- ?

edit: or none at all and just the hole?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back