Do you even lift, bro?

ALF

Jr Member
I'm thinking about putting together a Vader costume and possibly putting it on a mannequin in the future. I'm 6'0, how big of lifts do you think I would need to get up to the towering 6'8?
Or would 6'2-6'4 do ;)?

I'm thinking about putting together a Vader costume and possibly putting it on a mannequin in the future. I'm 6'0, how big of lifts do you think I would need to get up to the towering 6'8?
Or would 6'2-6'4 do ;)?

David Prowse was 6'6". If you pad your helmet and do 2-3 in. lifts, you'll be A-OK. Kids (and adults) will be so caught up in meeting Darth Vader that they won't notice that you're 2-3 inches shorter than the Vader on screen.

David Prowse was 6'6". If you pad your helmet and do 2-3 in. lifts, you'll be A-OK. Kids (and adults) will be so caught up in meeting Darth Vader that they won't notice that you're 2-3 inches shorter than the Vader on screen.
Hey how do I know you... Haha what up! That's definitely true man :). Thanks for the advice! I'm very excited to suit up as a character and go meet some peeps for the first time, will post pics once I finally get all the crap together! Definitely thinking Vader, unless I can somehow rig up a Chewie suit!

Hey how do I know you... Haha what up! That's definitely true man :). Thanks for the advice! I'm very excited to suit up as a character and go meet some peeps for the first time, will post pics once I finally get all the crap together! Definitely thinking Vader, unless I can somehow rig up a Chewie suit!

Yeah, when people come over, they're not all like, "Dave Prowse was six-six, not six-two. Also, that is rubies inaccurate. I HATE THIS DISPLAY AND YOU!" They're like, " Holy crap, that's Darth Vader. And man is he tall!" So do Darth.
As for chewie, I can just envision little kids screaming, " I found Bigfoot! I found Bigfoot!"

To bring you up to 6'8", putting 3 inch lifts on your boots should be fine. The helmet height and girth of the shoulder armor should do the rest of the work..

Hope that helps:)

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Yeah, when people come over, they're not all like, "Dave Prowse was six-six, not six-two. Also, that is rubies inaccurate. I HATE THIS DISPLAY AND YOU!" They're like, " Holy crap, that's Darth Vader. And man is he tall!" So do Darth.
As for chewie, I can just envision little kids screaming, " I found Bigfoot! I found Bigfoot!"

LOL, perfectly said my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

To bring you up to 6'8", putting 3 inch lifts on your boots should be fine. The helmet height and girth of the shoulder armor should do the rest of the work..

Hope that helps:)

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
Thanks alot man! Of course it helps! I'm new to this, so pretty much anything helps haha. :)

- - - Updated - - -

A Chewie suit would be awesome!!!:D Still thinking a Vader would be cool to do too... Why is it so hard to choose?!:wacko
I DON'T KNOW MAN HAHA AGHH

LOL you guys are cracking me up

- - - Updated - - -

@ALF
Are you wanting to just go to conventions and the like or do you have an interest in joining the Star Wars costuming groups?
I honestly am not sure man, I've been looking heavily into the 501st and Rebel Legion though. I probably wouldn't join as vader though because I'd probably have to spend a lot o' money.

I honestly am not sure man, I've been looking heavily into the 501st and Rebel Legion though. I probably wouldn't join as vader though because I'd probably have to spend a lot o' money.

Then you should definitely be a scout trooper. If your interested hit me up for soft parts:).

Haha why scout trooper, you looking to sell some crap for it? I've looked for the helmets but EFX has delivery issues (apparently) and no retailers have any. But definitely hit me up with what you have
Haha Im a broke man so yes I sell[emoji38].

I say biker scout cause it's reasonable to your wallet, and it's super comfy on long troops. You should join up on Bikerscout.net to look at more details and suppliers though.

Haha Im a broke man so yes I sell[emoji38].

I say biker scout cause it's reasonable to your wallet, and it's super comfy on long troops. You should join up on Bikerscout.net to look at more details and suppliers though.
Hehehe I'm a broke youngin' myself, and that's good to know that it's a good costume in those ways, hit me up with a PM about the stuff you've got!

LOL you guys are cracking me up

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I was just going to say if you were interested then they would be the best people to talk to about how to build your costume. If not, then you can just roll your own Vader or whatever. Personally, I have a Jawa build that I'm considering finishing and submitting.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=268380&page=2&p=4203122&viewfull=1#post4203122

Jawa is accepted by Rebels and 501st. Not too expensive to make either, relative to other builds.

BTW, I'm kind of surprised no one took the name ALF until now. I figured that would have been used long-ago.

Ok, I was just going to say if you were interested then they would be the best people to talk to about how to build your costume. If not, then you can just roll your own Vader or whatever. Personally, I have a Jawa build that I'm considering finishing and submitting.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=268380&page=2&p=4203122&viewfull=1#post4203122

Jawa is accepted by Rebels and 501st. Not too expensive to make either, relative to other builds.

BTW, I'm kind of surprised no one took the name ALF until now. I figured that would have been used long-ago.

I'm gonna check out that thread, and thanks for the info man!
HAHA I know I was surprised too :)

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked out the pic you posted, that costume looks great!!!

I know right!? I just looked at his thread, and now I really wanna know how to make the Jawa bandolier and cloak. Lookin' great MrSouthpaw!:thumbsup ;)

SonofDathomir

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
ALF SonofDathomir

Thanks, I appreciate it Guys. It only needs some small touches and weathering and it should be good for submission to the groups.

I learned from the Krayt Clan forums. It's the place to learn Jawa or Sand People costuming. I learned what cloth to buy, how to dye it, and how to sew it the right way for the costume groups. How to make the mask, everything.

The bandolier was purchased. It's a Martini-Henry bandolier. I bought because I was not sure if groups would accept a self-made, since the "accurate" thing is to buy one. In any case it gets the job done.

If you'd like to know anything else feel free to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back