Docking Bay 94 Yellow Box

cavx

Master Member
Sorry if there is already a thread on this, but I would like to make a replica of the yellow box we see in Docking Bay 94.

I am guessing this is a cube with side of 400mm or 16". What I can't seem to find (I guess I am going to have to watch the film yet again and see if I can take some good screen grabs) is details of the top.

Also the Scanning Crew box seems to be a double version of this.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• DockingBay94.jpg
    DockingBay94.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 207
  • scancrew.jpg
    scancrew.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,649
  • Star Wars Blue Box 1.jpg
    Star Wars Blue Box 1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 142
  • Star Wars Blue Box 2.jpg
    Star Wars Blue Box 2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 135
Did you look at there threads?
link
link

There are lots of them lying around in Battlefront as well.

No, I didn't find those threads at all when I searched, but they are both excellent. Ha, I thought the cube versions had the same pattern on top. Need to redo my model. The MDF one looks like a static prop and I want to make mine functional with the lid being removable.

There must be something wrong with me, I don't play any of the video games.

Is that blue scan box in the 2nd thread 3D printed?

RS Propmasters has located an actual single box. I'm not sure where they are in regards to making copies, but they posted on their Facebook page about a month or two back.

Is that blue scan box in the 2nd thread 3D printed?
It was most likely a action figure accessory.

They did a lot of well detailed set pieces in the new game.
Not much of a gamer myself (strictly off line single player stuff)

I recently made a 3D printed model of one of those crates. And one thing I noticed is that the ones that appear in the Docking Bay 94 scene seem to have holes in the centre rather than flush flat discs like the scanning crew's double box.

RS Propmasters has located an actual single box. I'm not sure where they are in regards to making copies, but they posted on their Facebook page about a month or two back.

Thanks, I shall go and stalk them :)

It was most likely a action figure accessory.

They did a lot of well detailed set pieces in the new game.
Not much of a gamer myself (strictly off line single player stuff)

I have the (single) Scanning Crew figure and blue box from the Hasbro pack. The details on that stick out and are not recessed in.

I recently made a 3D printed model of one of those crates. And one thing I noticed is that the ones that appear in the Docking Bay 94 scene seem to have holes in the centre rather than flush flat discs like the scanning crew's double box.

The animation team on The Clone Wars described the box as "the gift that just keeps giving" because the same box can be used over and over in so many ways. Yes I did notice some seem to have a hole in the middle. .

Revised.

Attachments

• Star Wars Blue Box 1.jpg
    Star Wars Blue Box 1.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Star Wars Blue Box 2.jpg
    Star Wars Blue Box 2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 67
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back