Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet

I got mine off eBay

MOD EDIT: Please do not post live ebay links, thanks.

They seem to be a good length/diameter. I'm going to pre-stretch one over something larger to see if it loosens it up a smidge.

Yeah I have been thinking about how they must have done it, I used a small tab of ice cream lid (sanded and painted black) epoxied it to the inside and then glued the torch, a small screw would work too.

I'm going to do the same. I'm not sure that I will use an ice cream lid, but it will be some small shim of flexible plastic. It fits so snugly up against the shield so it really shouldn't be visible. I also played around with the deuce and a half tire band, and it is much easier to work with if you cut it down to size. I ordered my bands from Mooremilitaria.com as I previously linked, and they come in 1" sections. If you cut it down to the appropriate 1/2" or 1/4" size, it has more give (science!!). I do think the band used in the movie was thicker rubber though, so I'm still looking for other alternatives.

Now, does anybody have a clear shot of the yellow insignia that is on the side of some of the helmets? Something clear and straight on? I don't care if its a screen grab or a photo of the one on the lego helmets, either should work.

I'm going to do the same. I'm not sure that I will use an ice cream lid, but it will be some small shim of flexible plastic. It fits so snugly up against the shield so it really shouldn't be visible. I also played around with the deuce and a half tire band, and it is much easier to work with if you cut it down to size. I ordered my bands from Mooremilitaria.com as I previously linked, and they come in 1" sections. If you cut it down to the appropriate 1/2" or 1/4" size, it has more give (science!!). I do think the band used in the movie was thicker rubber though, so I'm still looking for other alternatives.

Now, does anybody have a clear shot of the yellow insignia that is on the side of some of the helmets? Something clear and straight on? I don't care if its a screen grab or a photo of the one on the lego helmets, either should work.

I'm working on drawing up the insignia in Illustrator to be used for a decal/template. Will post here when it's finished

Here is the metal strip, looks like flat stock aluminum that the lite torch clips to
3768386889330484aba6ae325908a0a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe you are correct Danny. I think it is attached to the helmet, not the Blast Shield but either would work really. For the helmet? A strip of aluminum and two pop rivets would hold it to the helmet. For the torch I was thinking either a small screw or 5 minute epoxy.

I believe you are correct Danny. I think it is attached to the helmet, not the Blast Shield but either would work really. For the helmet? A strip of aluminum and two pop rivets would hold it to the helmet. For the torch I was thinking either a small screw or 5 minute epoxy.

im glad im not imagining things lol

im going to look into that. a video game friend of mine always mentions gimp, i thought it was a program for video games. thanks for the link!

Helmet Decoration

I know there has been some discussion of the tradition of adding playing cards onto soldiers helmets. There are the sabacc decks which are a part of Star Wars universe, but on page 83 of "Rogue One The Ultimate Visual Guide", there is a small reference to the Dead Man's Binspo Card game and an even smaller photo. When I searched the web the game is mentioned in relationship to gambling but I was not able to find any examples. So I made my own.

I had to make a few assumptions but I tried to be faithful to the little bit of information available. For example, the highest value displayed seems to be "seven". There is no evidence of a "null" or a card with no pips, but since I needed a basic card to build upon it just made sense to include one. There was only evidence of three "suits" and just to provide identifiers I assigned stellar designations inspired by their designs. I use the terms Suns, Comets, and Pulsars. I did not make a back pattern for the deck since there was nothing to use as a base. The only assumption I would make about the back is the outside rim of the back would be black to match the outside rim of the card's face. This is a common playing card practice to help prevent cheating. I am thinking of perhaps a largely black back with a scattering of various size white dots to represent a star field.

Feel free to use, comment or criticize.
View attachment BinspoComets.pdf
View attachment BinspoPulsars.pdf
View attachment BinspoSuns.pdf

Oww these are neat!
nice one :D
Helmet Decoration

I know there has been some discussion of the tradition of adding playing cards onto soldiers helmets. There are the sabacc decks which are a part of Star Wars universe, but on page 83 of "Rogue One The Ultimate Visual Guide", there is a small reference to the Dead Man's Binspo Card game and an even smaller photo. When I searched the web the game is mentioned in relationship to gambling but I was not able to find any examples. So I made my own.

I had to make a few assumptions but I tried to be faithful to the little bit of information available. For example, the highest value displayed seems to be "seven". There is no evidence of a "null" or a card with no pips, but since I needed a basic card to build upon it just made sense to include one. There was only evidence of three "suits" and just to provide identifiers I assigned stellar designations inspired by their designs. I use the terms Suns, Comets, and Pulsars. I did not make a back pattern for the deck since there was nothing to use as a base. The only assumption I would make about the back is the outside rim of the back would be black to match the outside rim of the card's face. This is a common playing card practice to help prevent cheating. I am thinking of perhaps a largely black back with a scattering of various size white dots to represent a star field.

Feel free to use, comment or criticize.
View attachment 711275
View attachment 711276
View attachment 711277

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back