Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

nope. my sense of humor is fine. I just don't find that kind of stuff funny.

ooh, look at the poor dateless nerd. he must be worthless cause he's a virgin. ha ha ha hooo ho ho.. hee hee hee.

yep. hillarious.even the action figure stuff is kind of worn out by about 15 years. saved by the bell probably did it better in the 90s with bad nerd jokes ;o).

nope. my sense of humor is fine. I just don't find that kind of stuff funny.

ooh, look at the poor dateless nerd. he must be worthless cause he's a virgin. ha ha ha hooo ho ho.. hee hee hee.

yep. hillarious.even the action figure stuff is kind of worn out by about 15 years. saved by the bell probably did it better in the 90s with bad nerd jokes ;o).

Go to Toy's R Us this Force Friday, at midnight, and that's exactly what you'll see. Like it or not, SNL hit the nail on the head with this, and it's hilarious.

That's fair. But I think the thing that bothered people the most about the midichlorians was that Lucas was trying to bring the force into a practical, scientific world. I have the feeling that the convorees are going to do something similar.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Initially I thought it was really stupid, but overall it doesn't change anything. Plus I think a lot of fans would be shocked if they read the newest Making of ANH where he was talking about midichlorians back in 1977. It's not new.

Most forms of comedy are bashing on some type of person in some way, shape or form. That's what makes it funny. If you can't laugh at yourself you're going to have a miserable life.

It's the same with The Big Bang Theory. Lots of "real" geeks and nerds hate it. Personally I love it. While I will admit it has jumped the shark, I find the first few seasons of it the most relatable television I've ever watched.

Same with Spinal Tap. I've hung out with lots of Rockers in my day and some of them hated it for the same reasons.

big Bang THeory seems to come from a place of love. i happen to love it myself.

that SNL Skit from the description seemed to come from a place of 'this is what people expect to see'

Big Bang Theory is a mixed bag... You have really smart references to pop culture, but then they have nerd talk for my parents.... where these HARDCORE NERDS discuss why Batman would have a kid living with him...

Or I saw one where they were trying to make a deal at the comic store and Leonard says "throw in that Signed Iron Man Helmet..."

Throw in? That's like a 3000 dollar helmet signed... what?

But I like the show a lot. it's a COMEDY, not a real world documentary.

Big Bang Theory is a mixed bag... You have really smart references to pop culture, but then they have nerd talk for my parents.... where these HARDCORE NERDS discuss why Batman would have a kid living with him...

Or I saw one where they were trying to make a deal at the comic store and Leonard says "throw in that Signed Iron Man Helmet..."

Throw in? That's like a 3000 dollar helmet signed... what?

But I like the show a lot. it's a COMEDY, not a real world documentary.

my favorite part is anything with penny....:angel

O.K. so, here's the thing that bothers me, Always two there are, a master and an apprentice.... So, there's only ever two Sith? Then how do we get the Knights of Ren? And since Yoda was tucked away on a Dark Side strong planet and was unable to detect the Sith Uprising while on Coruscant, how at 900+ years old would he be able to detect the other Jedi that may have escaped the Jedi culling? Not to mention that Anakin himself was overlooked by the Jedi long before they became scarce! There have to be more Force sensitive, or even Force Strong beings in the Star Wars Universe after Revenge of the Sith. And certainly, if there can me more than two, there has to be more Dark Side Strong individuals! How else would we end up with Snoke?

Wait, wait, wait, on another note... Convorees are birds that deliver medichlorians like storks deliver babies? WTF? I'm so not up to speed on Convorees.

And we're GEEKS! Not nerds. Some of you may also be nerds, but if you love Star Wars for lightsabers and Wookies, you're a GEEK!

halliwax , Yeah, Kaley Cuoco... she's strong with the Force...and a fellow geek. There's hope for us all!

1443979663_kaley-cuoco-luke-skywalker-_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
O.K. so, here's the thing that bothers me, Always two there are, a master and an apprentice.... So, there's only ever two Sith? Then how do we get the Knights of Ren? And since Yoda was tucked away on a Dark Side strong planet and was unable to detect the Sith Uprising while on Coruscant, how at 900+ years old would he be able to detect the other Jedi that may have escaped the Jedi culling? Not to mention that Anakin himself was overlooked by the Jedi long before they became scarce! There have to be more Force sensitive, or even Force Strong beings in the Star Wars Universe after Revenge of the Sith. And certainly, if there can me more than two, there has to be more Dark Side Strong individuals! How else would we end up with Snoke?

Wait, wait, wait, on another note... Convorees are birds that deliver medichlorians like storks deliver babies? WTF? I'm so not up to speed on Convorees.

And we're GEEKS! Not nerds. Some of you may also be nerds, but if you love Star Wars for lightsabers and Wookies, you're a GEEK!

'only two' doesn't really stand up to much of a test During the clone wars series, we know the Emperor was out there, with Dooku, who had Ventress and Maul was still around...so there's 4.

The only way 2 can work is if 100% of the sith knowledge and discipline is locked up tight under 1 of the 2. Yet, even at that, it's the 'sith way' for the apprentice to take an apprentice of their own and one day rise up and kill the master - to become the master. That there would be 3..

So far there hasn't been anything dark side shown that is 'sith only'. So, really, as far as the viewer goes, anyone who has ability and decides to be a <bleep> can call themselves 'Sith'. There's nothing to disprove it other than the 'official sith' hearing and coming after them.

Frankly, to my way of thinking Yoda was wrong, or the line was incorrect. "Always at least two there are, master and apprentice'" is more accurate to my way of thinking.

Darth Bane created the rule of two. The nature of the dark side implies that groups of Sith will battle each other for supremacy so a master Sith would take a 'dedicated ' apprentice and eliminate the rest. Other dark side users would still rise to be also eliminated or join the apprentice to overthrow the master or to usurp the apprentice and join the master. When Yoda says 'always two there are' he means [ we've seen one Sith so there will be another one ] kinda like magpies.
As for the Knights of Ren, after the death of Palpatine the master and the redemption of Vader the apprentice, there was no one to enforce the rule of two apon up and coming dark side users. Maybe they're more amiable than the Sith or they've yet to realise their individual potential.

Darth Bane created the rule of two. The nature of the dark side implies that groups of Sith will battle each other for supremacy so a master Sith would take a 'dedicated ' apprentice and eliminate the rest. Other dark side users would still rise to be also eliminated or join the apprentice to overthrow the master or to usurp the apprentice and join the master. When Yoda says 'always two there are' he means [ we've seen one Sith so there will be another one ] kinda like magpies.
As for the Knights of Ren, after the death of Palpatine the master and the redemption of Vader the apprentice, there was no one to enforce the rule of two apon up and coming dark side users. Maybe they're more amiable than the Sith or they've yet to realise their individual potential.

That's my point. The galaxy is way to big for 2 guys to enforce the '2 rule'. Especially since the nature of the beast is the apprentice breaking it to take his own apprentice to overthrow the master.

Another failure of the rule would be - no way in hell 2 guys can keep from being wiped out in mass by the jedi. Especailly with Bane going way back. And, isn't Bane old EU? meaning, no longer canon?

And again, if I start learning the dark side, unless i start preaching it to the galaxy - are they just going to sense me and wipe me out? Doubtful. They've got more pressing matters unless I go after them (and I for one am not that stupid :) )

The rule of two is simple implausible on it's face. Two easy to get wiped out.

The Rule of Two is about Sith Lords. There can be any number of acolytes, wannabes, and hopefuls vying to be the new Apprentice of whoever the current Master is. Including trying to depose or kill the current Apprentice. I contextually presume there's a certain level of training and book-learning that one must have to even be able to be the Apprentice Dark Lord of the Sith, and that those lower-level dudes don't have it yet.

That said, we have no idea what's going on with Snoke and the Knights of Ren (good name for a band -- write that down), but I take Pablo at his word that whatever they are, they are not Sith.

--Jonah

Two guys can survive because the Jedi are smug and believe they completely wiped out the Sith 1,000 years ago. Even when presented with evidence (Maul attacking Qui Gon) they don't believe it. So you have the Sith going underground where two people at a time are creating a network of spies, supporters, manufacturers, business leaders, and on and on. So by the time they are ready to spring their trap in ROTS, they have so corrupted the Republic that they are even effecting the Jedi. So even though Yoda has hundreds of years experience over Darth Sidious, the Dark Side has taken hold over everything and Sidious has the majority of the power. That's the only way he defeated Yoda and that's why Yoda and Mace discussed the fact that the Jedi's ability to use the Force has been compromised.

That's my point. The galaxy is way to big for 2 guys to enforce the '2 rule'. Especially since the nature of the beast is the apprentice breaking it to take his own apprentice to overthrow the master.

Another failure of the rule would be - no way in hell 2 guys can keep from being wiped out in mass by the jedi. Especailly with Bane going way back. And, isn't Bane old EU? meaning, no longer canon?

And again, if I start learning the dark side, unless i start preaching it to the galaxy - are they just going to sense me and wipe me out? Doubtful. They've got more pressing matters unless I go after them (and I for one am not that stupid :) )

The rule of two is simple implausible on it's face. Two easy to get wiped out.

Bane is canon because he (his spirit/Force vision anyway) was on The Clone Wars. The books aren't canon, but should be. They are one of the best series of the old EU. Read my answer above as well. Two guys can't be wiped out when no one is even looking for them.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back