2014 Toronto Prop Party

So everyone's biggest issue was the lighting huh? Hmm. I'm sure we can solve that.
At this point, I really want to keep it at a venue we are familiar with.
I'll be honest with you guys, I still like the original Jane & Wilson location.
Lighting, I'm sure I can figure out.
If they can't do better on the lighting or if they won't allow us to bring our own…then we have an issue.

Either location works for me. The lighting wasn't too bad, just could have been brighter.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

The space last year was the biggest we've had to date. I liked it.
I'll talk to the owner next week to see if the lights go brighter, if not, if we can bring our own lights, if not, then we'll see.

The space last year was the biggest we've had to date. I liked it.
I'll talk to the owner next week to see if the lights go brighter, if not, if we can bring our own lights, if not, then we'll see.

I liked it too. Good size. :thumbsup

So what month would you guys recommend at this point? June, like last year? Or end of July, mid-August. What. Come on. Tell me. Please.

So what month would you guys recommend at this point? June, like last year? Or end of July, mid-August. What. Come on. Tell me. Please.

June is Niagara Comic-Con. I'm going to that one. Other tgan that I'm open for most of the summer. How about late July?

July sounds good to me; I'll be in the final rush getting stuff together for Dragoncon, so hopefully I'll have more to show by then.

I still think August or September would be better (there's more than one weekend in September ;) )

With so many people wanting to finish props for the prop party having more time to do so would help everyone out, plus more time to plan and promote the prop party.

July would not nessesary work for me. I am in New Jersey for 2 of those weekends.

August would work much better for me, aside from the 23rd.

I would push for Mid Sept, only because we are going to DragonCon this year and will probably be working frantically during the summer weekends to finish stuff for it. It wouldn't be the end of the world, just one more thing to add to the schedule

Finally found time to check in on the forums. :p School has been kicking my butt the last 8 months. I'm working on a new Lord of the Rings inspired original design for an eveningwear gown.

Mid-September is probably a good time. Everyone will have the summer to work on projects to have something new completed for the party, and it would conflict less with cons.

September huh? Whoa. I didn't anticipate that late.
Nobody suggested August, i guess August might be a more productive month for some be it prop-work or a vacation of such sorts.
So here's what I figure. First off, I think we should all prepare (mentally) that the prop-party will be at the same venue this year, as it was last year.
For now, lets all just expect that's the chosen locale( I've said in the past I'm still fond of the old venue, but I've got sentimental hangups that I won't push on any of you. I thought the broken doors added 'charm')

I've yet to speak with the Montecassino guy this year. I'll see if I can get him on the phone tomorrow.

The beef was the lighting right?
I"m expecting him to say 1 of 2 things…possibly 3

1. We're stuck with the lighting, F-off
2. We're stuck with lighting, but, you can bring your own lights or we have some here you can use(not likely the last part)
3. We've changed all of our lights since last year and now it is brighter (not likely either)

So, yeah I'll try and call him tomorrow.

BTW, we'll need a couple volunteers this year to run around in the morning to help people set up their stuff and then throughout the day with various other activities. Any person(s) who may not be displaying props and would like to contribute in other ways, please let me know. Even anyone's kids who want to help out.

Thanks to all the regulars who keep this thing going every year.
You guys are awesome and I'm honoured every year you attend.
(y)thumbsup:cheers:cheers

I don't think the lighting is a game stopper, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. You know I'm happy to help in any capacity you need bro. :thumbsup

As far as dates go, July or later sounds good but I'm happy to go along with whatever is chosen. I liked the venue, was easy to find and parking was not a problem either. Though it was my first prop party so I don't know what it was like in previous years...
I might like a table this year, not sure yet...

To me, August is very tight due to Dragoncon at the end of the month. Before or after would be better, although I'd prefer earlier.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back