Scout Trooper (Biker Scout) Life-Sized display

Wow ! Gino your full-size Scout Trooper looks amazing.

And yes, I am in the weathered camp as well.

My only small suggestion would be to weather the soft parts (i.e. sidebags, etc.) a bit so they they blend in a little more with the rest of the costume.

But again, a small thing, really, really, great job you did on this.

Thanks guys!
Just fyi, I was finally able to find a couple hi res pics that definitively showed all the scout troopers on the death star hanger bay for the emperor's arrival and they are indeed unweathered.
They must have filmed that scene first and then weathered them all for the endor scenes.
Both styles show up in the film so it really does come down to a personal preference clean vs dirty.

Any chance of posting said pics Gino. Ive never seen great pics of the scouts in that scene. Everybody else yes but the scouts seem to elude any behind the scenes stuff from that area. :)

Ben

Don't want to be controversial but I disagree on the weathering at Elstree. I would have thought the Biker Scouts would NOT be weathered in that scene at Elstree. It would make sense that everyone awaiting the Emperor would be absolutely sparkling.

I may be wrong here but we know the troopers were gleaming white when filmed at Elstree in both the Emperor arrival scenes and also Luke's meeting with Vader on Endor.

The weathered troopers were all weathered later when shipped to the US for the outdoor Endor scenes were they not?

All the original ANH imperial costumes like the TIEs, Imperial gunners etc were all cleaned up / repainted to look gleaming for that scene.

So it wouldn't make any sense to have a pile of weathered costumes in the scene. Happy to be proven wrong with any better photos of the Biker Scouts :)

If anybody knows the order in which the scenes were shot for Jedi it would be very helpful.

Sorry for detracting from your excellent build Gino it truly looks amazing.

Last edited:
Gino, I have a question about paint color. Black seems to always come out so severe, however it looks black in a lot of photos and in others a dark grey. What did you use?

Unfortunately we all know what happens when we get a little too "opinionated" in our discussions with others. Gino definitely had STRONG opinions.

He was banned because some information was disclosed about the Fett helmet casts with source to the eFX mould owned by a few members. Some agreements were broken and legal actions were (suposedly) being taken against those owners, some of them staff of The RPF/TDH. And because of rules being applied, he was banned.

I cannot go deeper or I will get a ban myself :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back