Opinions on the Justice League Batman Cowl?

I dont know how you know for sure its made of urethane, but isnt it early to say he cant turn his head?

You have to keep in mind, Ironhead had a significant amount of time to work on the cowl. This new studio only had what? Six months top before they started filming? From what I've heard, whether due to time or budget constraints, or whatever else, they didn't even attempt the head turn.

I know that its urethane because Michael Wilkinson said it himself and reliable sources confirmed.
We've come up with a new cowl. It's very close to the last one, but again new technologies, new materials (now made from polurethane instead of foam latex), tweaking had allowed us to take that one even further.

We can assume that it doesn't turn because if you have any clue about the technologies, ideas, and processes that made the first cowl turn, you'd know it wouldn't work in urethane. You can also see in the trailer how stiff the whole costume is, and he even does the "bat turn" towards the end. It doesn't move, and as I said, that is a step back.

Either way, we'll be seeing soon enough.

Last edited:
You have to keep in mind, Ironhead had a significant amount of time to work on the cowl. This new studio only had what? Six months top before they started filming? From what I've heard, whether due to time or budget constraints, or whatever else, they didn't even attempt the head turn.

I know that its urethane because Michael Wilkinson said it himself and reliable sources confirmed.

We can assume that it doesn't turn because if you have any clue about the technologies, ideas, and processes that made the first cowl turn, you'd know it wouldn't work in urethane. You can also see in the trailer how stiff the whole costume is, and he even does the "bat turn" towards the end. It doesn't move, and as I said, that is a step back.

Either way, we'll be seeing soon enough.

One really has to wonder just wtf was the JL crew thinking when they gave the green light to a shoddily made suit with the huge budget they have. Especially considering they already have a functional design on their hands. If he has live action fight scenes, it's going to look like **** if they don't make it completely CG.

As for the people questioning the return of the bat-turn...

WwsqArP.gif

vs

BpGYwcM.gif

Last edited:
They finally had an excellent version of the costume that looked like it stepped right off the pages of the comic book... and they redesigned it? I mean for years all us Batfans have wanted them to stop the all black and do the two tone suit. They finally NAIL IT, and then they immediately change it. So sad.

View attachment 663912

HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:sick

Remember all that ground breaking innovation, and phenomenal true to comic design? Yeah **** that, here's Nightowl. Jose is certainly going to get the last laugh on this one. Hopefully Ben brings the Bat back to the US and let's Jose FIX this MESS.

Seriously, a big **** you to Snyder and Wilkinson on this. It's like they set out to butcher the Batsuit/cowl. The sloped ears, Spider-Man wannabe goggles, and the head/neck are hideous.

Nite-Owl-II-watchmen-23939605-1088-1450.jpg jdp7gs7cr5ioprhp9hzv.png

Last edited:
IMG_6985.JPG

I still like it. Just the goggles have to go... but I'm told they serve a purpose and are only worn durning a portion of the third act.
removed the goggles and photoshopped him wearing the cowl from the justice league posters.

View attachment 664098

I still like it. Just the goggles have to go... but I'm told they serve a purpose and are only worn durning a portion of the third act.
removed the goggles and photoshopped him wearing the cowl from the justice league posters.

I'd like to see how it looks with the BvS cowl. The bodysuit itself looks fine for what its purpose is.

I love how everyone here is already hating on this movie and it isn't even out yet...then when it comes out everyone will be omg this is amazing lol

I love how everyone here is already hating on this movie and it isn't even out yet...then when it comes out everyone will be omg this is amazing lol

Nobody is hating on the movie here, this is a costume thread, people are discussing the backstep Justice League has made in terms of the Batcowl. Which was due to Ironhead Studios not getting the credit they deserved by making an incredibly comic accurate Batsuit and cowl for BvS.

Don't confuse other forums with therpf.

I as I'm sure most people commenting here loved the BvS suit. I personally loved BvS Ultimate Edition.

That being said, not only are both new Batsuit cowls so incredibly ugly it'll be distracting, their lack of flexibility will also limit what can be done in fight scenes as well as overall fluid movements from the actors.

I as I'm sure most people commenting here loved the BvS suit. I personally loved BvS Ultimate Edition.

That being said, not only are both new Batsuit cowls so incredibly ugly it'll be distracting, their lack of flexibility will also limit what can be done in fight scenes as well as overall fluid movements from the actors.

I personally like both of these better. I understand everyone always finds something to complain about but for me the cowls are not it. I love thr new suits as well. This movie it is the cowls, last movie it was doomsday. But everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect that.

They finally had an excellent version of the costume that looked like it stepped right off the pages of the comic book... and they redesigned it? I mean for years all us Batfans have wanted them to stop the all black and do the two tone suit. They finally NAIL IT, and then they immediately change it. So sad.

I feel the same way. They couldn't have gotten the BvS Batsuit any better. Even my wife said that Affleck had the best Bat suit. I was hoping that we would see that in Bat-Fleck's solo movie but I doubt it now :facepalm

I feel the same way. They couldn't have gotten the BvS Batsuit any better. Even my wife said that Affleck had the best Bat suit. I was hoping that we would see that in Bat-Fleck's solo movie but I doubt it now :facepalm

It seems to me the Niteowl look is one of Wilkinson and/or Snyder's design. Snyder won't be involved in the solo movie. Not so sure about Wilkinson. I hope...HOPE that the complaints about the cowl are heard and addressed by the time a sequel comes out. Kind of like how the many complaints about the tone of BvS were.

It seems to me the Niteowl look is one of Wilkinson and/or Snyder's design. Snyder won't be involved in the solo movie. Not so sure about Wilkinson. I hope...HOPE that the complaints about the cowl are heard and addressed by the time a sequel comes out. Kind of like how the many complaints about the tone of BvS were.

I am hopeful that Affleck will bring Batman back to glory. I don't get how Snyder claims to be a big fan boy and then takes a dump all over his movies.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back