Avengers 2 HULKBUSTER, or how to throw out your back in 3 easy steps

Cave Dweller, the Hulkbusters head is mounted to a bike helmet, bumping the height by an additional 6" or so. There are 100 lumen flashlights illuminating the eyes, and some green lasers as well. The green lasers are centered right down the pupils of the HB. It is a very cool effect. Though that also now means I have a mic wire and a trigger the lasers wire leading from the helmet. The lights are bright enough to be clearly visible in daylight.

12043205_1023730764313859_3801870207971771370_n.jpg12027561_1023743177645951_3275732872376087319_n.jpg

Hi guys, I rebuilt the back of the torso. Before It was interfering with the movement of my head. This lead to my having to spend an extra 6 hours reengineering how all the weight was distributed. Finally I was satisfied, went to put it all back together, I now see that I have put a support in from of the backpack mount. Grumble. grumble...2 more hours. One positive thing was done, we taped all the LED lights, and sprayed around them, and now the LED strips blend in perfectly. I also sprayed the chest, but I hate it, time to repaint :) 2 steps forward...

torso 5.jpg

Hi guys, I rebuilt the back of the torso. Before It was interfering with the movement of my head. This lead to my having to spend an extra 6 hours reengineering how all the weight was distributed. Finally I was satisfied, went to put it all back together, I now see that I have put a support in from of the backpack mount. Grumble. grumble...2 more hours. One positive thing was done, we taped all the LED lights, and sprayed around them, and now the LED strips blend in perfectly. I also sprayed the chest, but I hate it, time to repaint :) 2 steps forward...

View attachment 533370
+1 For repaint red color :thumbsup other stuff is just perfrct)))

Costume of the year award goes to...:thumbsup you guessed it :D
What an amazing job,BBR.Congratulations on completing this build.I hope you get tons of positive feedback :popcornbecause you've earned it

I don't even have the words to express the awesomeness.

I don't think I would ever take it off. Business meetings, birthday parties, court dates, dental appointments. On, all the time.

Thanks for all the props guys, I am now going to show you some lighting that you may not understand...it is designed to enhance the suit in a Vegas Nighclub...So when I am at a photoshoot, or a con, no Red lights, but in a club..yes.

test 3.0.jpg

My god. That is incredible. The movement looks so good. I've seen so many giant costumes attempted over the years and movement is usually tough to achieve. You, sir, have knocked it right out of the park.

I'm really impressed with how much space you have between the legs. I was expecting them to be very close together.

The arms are just amazing.

Hi guys, I am just posting to say WOW. We went to NYCC and won Best in Show, and are now invitted to enter the C2E2 contest ! Some of you may have seen us on the internet. Front page of Imgur, Front page on Reddit, on FOX and Friends, Inside edition, Featured on Sneaky Zebra video, Featured on the Ifunny app, OI9, Huffington post. I am not bragging ( OK, just a bit ) It's more like, I am in shock, I never would have guessed we would impress so many people outside the costume community. Of course all I see are all the all the flaws. I will say we had a big tough test run in NY, this baby is heavier than I thought it would be and tough to get into. First try took 30 min, by the end of the con, me and 3 handlers took 8 min to suit me up. I was also able to touch the ground for one of the classic stances. Touching the ground while wearing stilts is a major challenge, one that many people in any armored suit would find challenging. I had hoped to pull it off, and was glad to at least not topple over on the judges when I tried it :) Thank you guys for all the support.

920x920.jpg

It's been great seeing this all come together and the payoff and reception you've had is incredible. Been a great experience to see you share the progress as you went and the end product is amazing.

Couldn't believe it when I saw you touch the ground in it. Incredibly well deserved reception and reaction I would say.

Incredible.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back