Avengers 2 HULKBUSTER, or how to throw out your back in 3 easy steps

The scale of this is just incredible and it's looking so good already. looking forward to further updates and seeing it all come together further.

Sorry for the long delay, I took on a ton of commissions and now I am back on track. Here is a photo of the legs action. Since this photo, I have revamped the codpiece. Surprisingly, the legs are pretty agile.

11146601_837409152979304_8215671962124581132_n.jpg

BBR,your work is awesome and inspiring :thumbsup I'm on board for this adventure and will be following the thread :popcorn

Now,for those of us less skilled and/or ambitious,would you recommend HB files adapting to the body size of the wearer or vice versa?
Is there any way to circumvent the need for a pully system and in doing so,building a HB suit that can be worn the regular way? Or will that morph all the parts out of proportion,resulting in something that doesn't resemble anything Marvel anymore? Just wondering...
Keep up the good work ! :cool Same goes for Quan

Last edited:
George, The only way to avoid a pully system is to make it smaller. You don't have to go crazy big like me to make it cool. But you must keep the proportions right. Responding to your question about files...I use freehand. But the question answers it's self. Can you change your body ? Can you change the files ? Stay close enough and people will forgive you. You cannot change the width of your shoulders ,or the length of your thigh. Good luck on yours. This one is killing me.

Thank you for clarifying,BBR :thumbsup
You've come this far though...it will be worth the hard work if you persevere ! :popcorn
Keep going at it ! We're right there with you

Here is a progress shot of the left arm. as the fingertips are more then 6' from my shoulder, I have to use gears and pulleys to move the arms. The shoulder also moves up and down , so I can "shrug" while in costume. Currently I can still touch my nose,( or my butt ) with a hand, so mobility is very high. Looks to be about 6' wide at the shoulders at this point. I can also open up the forearm as a access port to effect repairs or make improvements. Still struggling with finger controls, I but I am sure I can get it down. leaving room in the palm for a repulsor is much tougher than I thought it would be. This beast is the most complex thing I have ever done, beating out my 8'3" Transforming Bumblebee. I sure do hope it ends up as cool looking as it is in my head. As always all comments and useful criticism are welcome.

11836770_853849468001939_7911016387610534530_n.jpg

Finally got the Fingers working, and the Arm shield now opens to reveal a weapons pod ( not yet built). Here is Quin Mae used for scale (5'4"). The arm extends and rotates at the shoulder, I have currently shelved the rotating wrist- it's being a bitch. We also have a view of the other arm shield, now better detailed. Next is building the right arm shell.11817280_998603950159874_1594158092592551834_n.jpg11822711_854665581253661_2712913222418314434_n.jpg

I love all the random things used to make certain parts. It never would have dawned on me for half of the building materials. Very cool build, and a lot of cool techniques involved.

I love all the random things used to make certain parts. It never would have dawned on me for half of the building materials. Very cool build, and a lot of cool techniques involved.
Incorporating random objects to get the look right is half the fun of this hobby, for instance my arkham knight grenades are made up from a redbull can, a nut and bolt, a washer and some metal from an old boiler housing.

11145163_1001366833216919_5607237442570454066_n.jpg

Here is a view of the two arms, over 52 inches each, with grasping hands, The elbow has a 130* range of motion, while the shoulder has about 75% of my normal range. I think each one weighs about 10 pounds...but they are not done yet :) The skeleton is a parallelogram based model, with springs to reduce the weight on my arms. The forearm opens up to help future repairs and matainance. Each arm includes panels that cave inward to allow a tighter bend at the elbow. The skeleton is mostly aluminum, and the shell is polycarbonate, EVA foam and cardboard cement forms(8'-10"-12")- and a bit of a Home Depo bucket, that just happen to fit. I hope you guys are enjoying seeing this come together.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back