Rocket Raccoon's Laser Cannon from the GOTG Film - WIP

Since the last update I've spent most of my time working on the carry handle.

VEO6RNt.jpg

I started with this block section, which appears to have a slight inward slope to it as you go down towards the handle.

RCZkv4W.jpg

The handle attaches to what appears to be a half-cylinder with a .625" curve radius, so to ensure my half-cylinder was properly secured to the rest of the cannon, I made this ribbed section to offer more surface area for the cylinder to glue onto.

k1i7HbV.jpg

Checking the placement.

xxruXCd.jpg

Gorilla Glued to the half-cylinder. If I were thinking ahead better, I would have used a full cylinder tube and just sunk it into the rest of the cannon body.

qeCXyQv.jpg

The carry handle itself was rather simple, just a matter of layering the pieces together.

AHnSmpg.jpg

With everything lined up, I first glued the carry handle to the tube, then once the glue set I drilled 6 holes along the length of the cylinder and handle, and used bolts to secure it down nice and tight. The last thing I want is a weak carry handle.

KjdAOaW.jpg

qyVo6Gj.jpg

ZAyLcOe.jpg

Next step is to fill in the seams then attach it to the main cannon body.

Been so busy with Halloween stuff it completely slipped my mind to post my latest update!

I've moved onto the stock, which was a blast to build!

UhQupps.jpg

Since this part has so many similar little pieces I took the time to make sure each one was numbered in the correct order.

USFZiGX.jpg

The laser cut pieces laid out.

WcJXYRx.jpg

Building up the walls. Initially I planned to layer pieces together, but thought that would be too heavy and wasteful, so instead the main base is going to be built hollow like a c-shaped box.

vXFpA1a.jpg

Then the ceiling.

XVsBPOO.jpg

All cemented up.

zKLBKFF.jpg

Bondoed up and sanded smooth.

Ti01xxp.jpg

Adding the next layers.

xQFLOcT.jpg

More Bondo and putty.

GC3a9wd.jpg

FhNXyBh.jpg

Current status

s737tbc.jpg

And next to the poster print out.

I guess the next progression on this would be to fit it with four over-powered taser gun bundles, heh!

guardians-of-the-galaxy-movie-screenshot-rocket-raccoon.jpg
"I'm only interested in the simple things... like how much this is going to hurt!"

guardians-of-the-galaxy-movie-screenshot-rocket-raccoon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It was stalled a bit while doing Halloween orders but I should be back on it shortly. Debating if I want to mold it or not.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back