Tron 3 (Tron Legacy Sequel)

Well, I've watched "The Next Day" and I don't remember her being mentioned in there. The rest of the Flynn Lives material, I haven't seen. :unsure

But what the heck does "ARG" even MEAN? I wish people would stop assuming that others know what their abbreviations mean.

She was at the San Francisco Encom Press event (which the video had some clips from):

YouTube - Flynn Lives Organization briefs Encom infiltrators pre-event at Wondercon 2010 in San Francisco

YouTube - TRON: LEGACY - Encom Press Conference in San Francisco with Flynn Lives protest! - Part One

YouTube - TRON: LEGACY - Encom Press Conference in San Francisco with Flynn Lives protest! - Part Two

ARG- Alternate Reality Game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_reality_game

In fact, we followed along with the Flynn Lives ARG here: http://www.therpf.com/f47/tron-legacy-flynn-lives-80819/?highlight=Flynn+Lives

Update:

The Hollywood Reporter posted an exclusive report this evening on the progress of TRON 3:

The sequel to the 2010 reboot Tron: Legacy — called Tron 3 in some quarters — is moving a step forward with Disney in negotiations to hire Jesse Wigutow to pen the latest draft of the script.

Joseph Kosinski, who directed Legacy, is attached to helm this installment, which is being developed with a renewed urgency under Alan Horn, who took the reigns of Disney Studios in June.

Some considered the dark and trippy Legacy — which teamed newcomer Garrett Hedlund with Jeff Bridges, star of the 1982 original Tron — a lukewarm performer when it opened in December 2010. But the film grossed $400 million worldwide, good enough to spark interest in prolonging the franchise. With that foundation and a strong brand, Disney believes it can really go for broke with a new movie. Horn is making Tron one of his priorities, according to insiders.

Plot details are being kept under wraps. David DiGilio wrote an earlier draft of the script. Justin Springer, a co-producer on Legacy, is producing Tron 3.

Wigutow is already working with Disney on the adaptation of Peter and the Starcatchers and worked on Parallel, another Disney project being produced by Springer. The scribe, who also wrote Eragon and worked on Relativity’s remake of The Crow and Summit's remake of The Osterman Weekend.

Original Article here:

'Tron' Sequel Back on the Grid at Disney (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter

Thanks to WorldOutWest from Tron-Sector for the heads up!

Note: I used search to find the most relevant thread to post this in and i'm bringing this one out of retirement. :)

It'd be cool if this actually happens. I enjoyed Legacy, even if it got a bad rap. Falls into the same camp as John Carter for me. A decent attempt that held great promise, I felt.

Considering their treatment of Uprising, this is honestly a surprise.

You said it. I did not see this coming.

I think I feel happy. Actually...really happy. Delighted, even. Delirious? Um...yes! WOOHOOO!!!

For me popping Tron: Legs on the player is like slipping into a cosy armchair in front of a crackling fire, somehow. Or like getting a big dose of intravenous childhood straight to an artery, only improved (MUCH improved, after seeing the original again recently). :lol

Heh, I was playing the soundtrack when I clicked on this thread. More? Hell yes please.

How the hell have I been missing this thread? I was a bit underwhelmed with Tron 2, but holy crap, it certainly was a gorgeous film, and Daft Punk's soundtrack was amazing. (Not to mention, Olivia Wilde... :love:love:love)

I'm interested in seeing more. I do love me some Jeff Bridges.

Last edited:
She almost stole the movie, didn't she? I expected hawt...that was a given, but I didn't expect likeable. Nice bonus.

Only in the Hollywood of the early 21st Century can a film that makes nearly half a BILLION dollars be considered a failure! :rolleyes

I mean, we've seen it time and time again, with one franchise starter after another....

Ang Lee's Hulk...

Bryan Singer's Superman Returns...

The Golden Compass, adapted from Philip Pullman's novel, the start of the His Dark Materials trilogy... a trilogy that will now never be finished in cinematic form.

All of these films made HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORLDWIDE, and yet they've been deemed failures by audiences and, more importantly, the studios that made them.

But back in the 1990s, when people still had more of a sense of PERSPECTIVE, these films would have been hailed as the BLOCKBUSTERS that they actually were! :rolleyes

Agreed, except for Ang Lee's Hulk, that was a pile of crap. Also you have to take into consideration how much money it took to MAKE the films. Typically in the hundreds of millions. But I still agree as for most of those movies they made a profit, and a damn good one too.

I always knew they would make a sequel. Not really pleased if the director is coming back. But maybe he wasn't responsible for Legacy's faults. I wrote a paper on Legacy's problems in that other thread. Maybe they will fix all the stuff I had a problem with and make a classic sequel. But somehow I doubt it. Just because a lot of the stuff that occurred in Legacy should not have happened anyway.

I have high hopes, but like some reviewers, hope they have more Tron in this than the last one. BRUCE!! BRUCE!! BRUCE!!

I always knew they would make a sequel. Not really pleased if the director is coming back. But maybe he wasn't responsible for Legacy's faults. I wrote a paper on Legacy's problems in that other thread. Maybe they will fix all the stuff I had a problem with and make a classic sequel. But somehow I doubt it. Just because a lot of the stuff that occurred in Legacy should not have happened anyway.

I don't suppose you have a link to your list? I would be interested to read it. I thoroughly enjoyed Legacy, but it had been a long time since watching the original. Also, I'm sure I don't watch films to the same level as I imagine most RPF'ers do.

How the hell have I been missing this thread? I was a bit underwhelmed with Tron 2, but holy crap, it certainly was a gorgeous film, and Daft Punk's soundtrack was amazing. (Not to mention, Olivia Wilde... :love:love:love)

I'm interested in seeing more. I do love me some Jeff Bridges.

I resurrected this thread that was over a year old to post the news about the new writer negotiations. hahah

You mean Ma3a?

Yori or Ma3a (I'd be happy with either one, as I've even told Cindy Morgan, though I told her that I'd prefer to see Yori again a lot more).

Tron 2.0 isn't considered canon in the movies. Which is unfortunate.

True, TRON 2.0 isn't canon, but it could still be used as a potential source for ideas. For example, since Sam Flynn may be doing more experiments with the Shiva Laser, he's going to need a program that can handle the new lab and laser. Since Yori may not be able to run on modern computer systems the way she was designed, there's a good chance that she could be upgraded to become Ma3a so to function on more modern computers (changing the background information on Ma3a would have to be done, since Lora Bradley was seen alive in well at the San Francisco event for Flynn Lives). Or Ma3a and Yori could both be involved, both being two halfs of what is required for the new lab to function properly (with Yori handling the laser's primary functions and Ma3a handling the correction algorithms needed to make sure that a user comes back out in the same condition they were in when they went in. Let's face it, we don't want to see a repeat of the Baboon incident from Cronenberg's The Fly, do we?). Me, I'd prefer to have just Yori back, but have her be upgraded from the program she once was to being responsible for the correction algorithms that Ma3a handled in the game.

In fact, with what's hinted at in The Next Day, Dillenger Systems seem to be planning a hostile takeover of Encom from inside and out (sort of in a similar fashion to what fCon does in the game). So, why not recycle the game's story (which was originally meant to be used for a film sequel for TRON anyway) for the next film? Just revise it, make sure it doesn't conflict with the film's canon and viola! Besides, I'd like to see a film version of Jet (who could be the Han Solo to Sam's Luke Skywalker).

I have high hopes, but like some reviewers, hope they have more Tron in this than the last one. BRUCE!! BRUCE!! BRUCE!!

QFT. I thought Legacy laid the groundwork for the resurrection of Tron very beautifully and left you hanging for more. Ditto the Flynn/Moses theme. Most lifts of Biblical stories don't do very much for me, but this one did. :lol

Also...BRUCE!!!!!!! I freakin' love Bruce. :lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back