Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

I've called several times to have them send me the next month early. They usually do it. I started March of 2015 so my last month technically should be April 2017. You can see how many times they've sent me early shipments.

Keep in mind that the issues, as I understand it, are not truly monthly. They are every four weeks (unless your actually picking it up weekly). So it's 13 a year, not 12 a year. And 25 issues should take 23 months or so. (Or is it 22 months? My brain is still asleep.) Some people have had delays, too, which would extend it, but I haven't, at least. You're still finishing up early, though.

I have 23 in the mail for one sub, and my second sub is a few "months" behind that. I keep weighing just seeing if they will ship me everything now so I can be done with the waiting, especially if they have finished everything on their end.

Last edited:
I got month 24 last week so month 25 is January. For me, they started out charging/shipping very close to the end of the month (for the next month). These days it's come earlier around the middle of the month

They are being frustratingly obtuse with the stand. I suspect that the actual stand may be an afterthought. I have yet to see ANY pics of a model mounted on a stand. I am wondering if they ever even had a test stand to see how this all works. Some really questionable things with this company.

Bill

Well I find it strange that UK subscribers are done with their builds but the only info on the wall bracket says preorder on the Web site. What about getting my free stand. It clearly says free to subscribers here.
1-_mf_details_.png

Well I find it strange that UK subscribers are done with their builds but the only info on the wall bracket says preorder on the Web site. What about getting my free stand. It clearly says free to subscribers here.
View attachment 691743

yeah, what's up with that?

And after being on backorder for 3 months, they are telling that they are expecting backorders for Month 3 are about to begin shipping out next Tuesday. We'll see...

kokkari , interesting image you put up . I'm referring to the Bottom left hand one specifically ( hold area ! ) . Did/were the parts for that area supplied only to the U.S.? i.e grill pattern flooring and exposed pit ?.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been waiting for my last 3 issues as I got issues 94-97 on the 20th November, called their (un)helpline and I was told there's a delay on shipping but I'd receive them by the second week of January!!!
great, I was looking forward to finishing and starting the painting process over the Christmas break, thank you Deagostini!

i asked about the wall mount/stand and she had no idea what I was talking about but said it would ship with my last issues after talking to someone else, not good.

If there's one thing I've learned about Deagostini through this,it's that they and their partners do not give a single s$&t about their customers. I doubt the stand even exists.

Ben

Plus one for the positive feedback. They have been responsive and helpful at every turn. I got two more shipments on one sub and 4 more on the other. I would clarify that I'm in the U.S. and dealing with that portion of their network. It may be different in other countries.
Mike Todd

Well you guys got lucky. I'm happy to hear it. Whenever I've rung the AU end they don't even know what I'm talking about half the time and don't really care.One of the ladies I was trying to get replacement parts from laughed at me because they were only small parts. Maybe I've just got them at bad times. But when I'm paying over $2000 for something I expect a little more when I have an issue with something. Wish I got the support you guys got. I love building this thing though.

Has anybody got the wall mount yet??

Ben

If there's one thing I've learned about Deagostini through this,it's that they and their partners have been exceptional in their customer service to me whether it's been for a missing or broken part, mixed up shipment or billing issues. I couldn't be happier!

Me too!! I had small problems but all sorted and more, still waiting for last 3 issues and wall mount but l know I'll get them and the holidays do slow things down...overall very pleased with everything, the models a beaut. Jordan UK

I guess I shouldn't post anything negative then,as you guys got good service. Ok I won't.

Ben

First, I've heard different regions/countries have completely separate, third party, domestic people who handle everything. Maybe in Australia, which is newer to the project, is just not a good quality service and may not be someone with model distribution background--or at least the nature of "studio scale" modelers. (I put "studio scale" in quotation marks so no one jumps down my throat.) It seems the few of us who recently posted qualified praise for Deagostini are not in Australia. Perhaps, there needs to be a way using the official site/forum to get word to the actual company about educating and evaluating the distributors. Just a though.

But, really, to say any company doesn't give a s#!t about it's customers is too harsh. They may not understand their customers and this is not a good thing for a business. I don't think it's too bad to post about specific instances without the overall statement that they don't give a poop. We shouldn't be trying to limit people from posting negative experiences, as long as it stays fairly objective. Now, if one were to contact Deagostini directly and tell them they don't give a poop--that's different. They will know they do give a poop but they will also see the need to look into what is happening to make someone feel that way.

I'm agreeing with most of what you've stated Dedalus5550 , thing is what gizmo had to say ...seems correct ' to a certain point of view ! ' . As do you . However great , terrific , once in a life time ' stuff ' this is for some of us , you've got to admit that ( if you've been reading posts on other forums ) , as I have ...( first-time Deagostini subscriber/newsagent ! ) , they- Deagostini have seemingly dropped the ball . gizmo and I are from Oz . Bissett handles the direct distribution of Deagostini products , whilst Gordon & Gotch handles the newsagent subscriptions . Builders over here have had seemingly mixed opinions about this arrangement . If as you suggest the parent/manager/manufacturer of said products should avaluate their distributors... then I totally agree . However , we've just been told that we here in Australia recieved the corrected parts re; the revised cockpit ala France/Japan etc... when we were clearly not , forget about the TP-1 & TP 2 parts!!!..., so we don't have that option either ! . Question : You're running a ( seemingly successful company/business ) , why don't you know what you're doing ???!!! ...no ones going to be happy/satisfied all the time , but , sooo many are !

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back