My Re-Carded Star Wars The Force Awakens Figures - Vintage Retro Style!

Great work on those!

Thank you.

As I'm working on these I decided I wanted to also redo the back to reflect the current product line. I decided to re-card these 13 so I'm going with a custom "13-Back", very similar to the original "12-Back". I completely redid the top half. I still need to work on the bottom half, adjust some text, etc.

Last edited:
I decided to change it once again, going to stick to the original 12 Back design. I removed one figure but will change the back again if / when I do some of the other figures. I completely re-did all the text and cleaned up some of the old images. Couple more minor tweaks then it's good to go. The image below is printed on regular printer paper, it looks much better when I print it on my high resolution mounting paper.

1.JPG

Last edited:
These are awesome, nothing beats the vintage packaging. I have one of these kits for a esb yoda. I'm too afraid to seal him in. You can get the criss cross pattern in the bubble glue (around the perimeter) using small file.

Lovely job!

Just needs a $1.99 (Ayr-Way, K-Mart, Children's Palace, Sears) price sticker. Ok not really.

Please do a run.

Thank you. I may possibly do a run...........

These are awesome, nothing beats the vintage packaging. I have one of these kits for a esb yoda. I'm too afraid to seal him in. You can get the criss cross pattern in the bubble glue (around the perimeter) using small file.

Thank you. Great idea, I may need to try that!

Fantastic job! I agree, the vintage cards are the best. One suggestion I might make is adding the cardboard "triangle" that came with the first 12 backs. At least all of mine have them. Also, are you planning on making the back matte?
Once again great work.

Fantastic job! I agree, the vintage cards are the best. One suggestion I might make is adding the cardboard "triangle" that came with the first 12 backs. At least all of mine have them. Also, are you planning on making the back matte?
Once again great work.

Thanks. I was going to add the triangle in between the legs. I messed around with it but I didn't like how it distracted from the figure, so I didn't use it. When you say back matte, you mean the figure display as seen on the back side of the card?

Sorry I wasn't clear. I mean the back of the card where all the 12 figures are listed. Mine have sort of a matte finish on the back and a bit glossy on the front.

First off these are really awesome.

2nd of all, I'd love to place one of these in toysRus or wal mart and watch as a collectors mind is blown! LOL!!!

I was able to briefly jump back to this project today and complete four more cards.

IMG_2668.JPG

I didn't like the original design I had for Rey and went with this one, I think it looks great as a figure card.

IMG_2669.JPG

Also completed BB-8.........

IMG_2670.JPG

Kylo Ren......

IMG_2671.JPG

And I did a custom Takodana Encounter Finn with blaster and Luke light saber.........

IMG_2672.JPG

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2674.JPG

I have two Poe Damerons to finish as well as a few others.

IMG_2675.JPG

Last edited:
Finished the last three I had on hand. Sadly, I need to move away from this project to work on some others, but I do love how they turned out. I had originally planned on displaying these in a cabinet next to some of my vintage figures, but I changed my mind so these are going up for sale shortly.

Group 3.jpg

Here they all are:

BB-8.jpg

Finn.jpg

Finn 2.jpg

Han.jpg

Poe.jpg

Kylo Ren.jpg

Rey.jpg

Snowtrooper.jpg

Stormtrooper.jpg

Tie Fighter.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back