Rey's Gun TFA

Joatrash, that looks amazing. Does the Alclad have decent adhesion, or does it have a tendency to scrape?

Thanks. :)

I'll copy-paste a response from the sales thread that will answer that!

"Alclad II "chrome", applied with an airbrush. You need to use their special clear coat as well though, since the chrome rubs off otherwise. You can see in the photo where it came off in places before I added the clear coat. The Alclad clear does NOT dull the shine like other clear paints do. Also note that you should "mist" it on over a black high-gloss base."

I threw a quick coat of Alclad II onto some parts. Missing some screws and I should have trimmed a couple areas a bit more before painting but I just wanted to get a sense of how it will look when done, since I almost never get to see my own props finished these days.

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=566163&d=1450180903
Are you planning onto updating the handle grips? Right now they are missing the little flaring the originals have at the top:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd...._=1457990348_ab64d7940eff1c34efad552f4e1479ef
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd...._=1457392836_44d983e84500fc2d62f6d95b12085bbb
(sorry, i don't have any reference pictures at hand ATM, so I'm using my personnal 3D model)

Are you planning onto updating the handle grips? Right now they are missing the little flaring the originals have at the top:

Yeah, I actually changed the pattern a while back, just haven't gotten around to printing them up yet so I used a set I already had for the paint test. Here's a w-i-p render I did while I was working on them.
flared.JPG

I love this blaster!
Could the main body of it be an electrical device of some kind - an external hard drive etc?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I love this blaster!
Could the main body of it be an electrical device of some kind - an external hard drive etc?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Not likely. I would not bet on anything but it being machined, probably directly from concept art. Main props in modern blockbusters are almost always made from scratch these days, without the use of found parts, because it gives a much higher degree of future-proofing as well as enabling the designers to do whatever they want without being bound by any constraints. (As has been established earlier, the grips are most likely castings of either 3d printed or real modified Mauser grips. I would assume the former, going by the law of least resistance.)

Hmmmm, Rey's blaster looks familiar. I'm sure ive seen it somewhere before.....

Ahhhh I remember what it was in.....

IT WAS IN MY SECRET SANTA GIFT BOX THIS YEAR..... MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Just got back from seeing it. Her blaster is my favorite weapon in the movie, hands down. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.
BB8 yours looks great!! Jealoussss

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back