Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! Back added to first post!

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! Left Thigh added!

hey jackie i was wondering the abs should be pretty easy as the mark 8 abs and the iron patriot abs are simmilar so are you gonna mod the iron patriot abs to look like the mark 8 abs?
just wondering
any ways good luck and well done
,Speedtrix:cheers.

Ironmaided: that looks great!!

Enviado desde mi GT-P3100 usando Tapatalk 2

Hey guys. Done with the shin. Well just a mockup actually.

427304_567565989921065_106791562_n.jpg

Half of me thinks it's small, half of me thinks it's not. And I have some problems putting my foot in. I might install zippers to the back to wear them. But I'm not yet sure. IMO I think I got the scale right. And the shin looks bigger in this pic 'cause of the cam angle. It's hard taking pictures by yourself :lol. What do you guys think? Bigger? Or keep it as it is?

Hey everyone! New project! And here it is!
iron_man_3_8.jpg

Starting the Mark 42! Once again, trying to give back to this great community with yet another suit! :D I hope you all enjoy this suit as well. I am working really hard to try to make this suit as accurate as i can, since i at least know what this suit looks like thanks to many up close pics (different story for the IP :facepalm)

Currently, I am not sure what height these files are scaled to so you all will have to figure out the scale by measuring in pepakura :)

Finished files

Left Forearm
View attachment 143977
Link- iron man mark 42 left forearm modeled by jackieisrockin unfolded by streetsoul paper - Download - 4shared - Christopher Davies

Foam conversion links (Ironmaided)- ironman_mark42_forearm_modeled by jackieisrockin_foam-rescaled_by_ironmaided - Download - 4shared - Reginald Daylusan
Gaiatron- IM MK42 Left forearm by jackieisrockin foam template by gataron - Download - 4shared

Left Thigh
View attachment 144670
Link- ironman_mark 42 left thigh modeled by jackieisrockin unfolded by streetsoul for paper - Download - 4shared - Christopher Davies

Foam conversion link (Ironmaided)- ironman_mark 42 left thigh modeled by jackieisrockin_foam-rescaled_by_ironmaided - Download - 4shared - Reginald Daylusan
Gaiatron- IM MK42 Left thigh by jackieisrockin foam template by gataron - Download - 4shared

Left Shin
View attachment 143978
Link- iron man mark 42 left shin modeled by jackieisrockin unfolded by streetsoul paper - Download - 4shared - Christopher Davies

Foam conversion link (Ironmaided)- ironman_mark 42 left shin modeled by jackieisrockin_foam-rescaled_by ironmaided - Download - 4shared - Reginald Daylusan
Gaiatron- IM MK42 Left shin by jackieisrockin foam template by gataron - Download - 4shared

Although it is possible to be made with traditional paper pep, it might be pretty difficult so perhaps sticking with foam might be ideal so here are the first foam pep files of this new suit :) (IronLeoMan however is still unfolding the files of the Mk 42 for paper as well :))

Once again, if anyone would like to contribute by donating, here is my paypal email: davegrohlrockssocks@live.com

Thank you everyone!!!
tomorrow i unfold the boot ^^

Ironmaided- That looks awesome! Great job! :thumbsup

Gaiatron- Cool. I guess it was just a connection problem :) ill try it again right now

Speedtrix- I was just going to start from scratch. It just seemed easier to start over than modding a piece :)

Quovadis0920- The size looks pretty good to me. And about putting your foot in, i was kinda anticipating that when modeling it. Although the shin is the correct size and shape as the movie's suit, it still looked like a tight fit in the pics so thats why i purposely modeled the silver details on the inside of the shin seperate of the red and gold parts, so maybe if anyone wanted to, they could use straps or velcro to attach the two different parts together to be worn and snap off when putting it on and taking it off. But as long as your foot still goes in, it should be good for most (if not all) people to do the same :):thumbsup

JamesStark- When the boot is finished, you will be able to unfold it if you would like :)

Boot progress! Pretty much done with the outside. It just needs the silver details and finishing up on the sole and itll be ready for all of you :)
View attachment 145132 View attachment 145133

Gaiatron- Cool. I guess it was just a connection problem :) ill try it again right now

Speedtrix- I was just going to start from scratch. It just seemed easier to start over than modding a piece :)

Quovadis0920- The size looks pretty good to me. And about putting your foot in, i was kinda anticipating that when modeling it. Although the shin is the correct size and shape as the movie's suit, it still looked like a tight fit in the pics so thats why i purposely modeled the silver details on the inside of the shin seperate of the red and gold parts, so maybe if anyone wanted to, they could use straps or velcro to attach the two different parts together to be worn and snap off when putting it on and taking it off. But as long as your foot still goes in, it should be good for most (if not all) people to do the same :):thumbsup

JamesStark- When the boot is finished, you will be able to unfold it if you would like :)

Boot progress! Pretty much done with the outside. It just needs the silver details and finishing up on the sole and itll be ready for all of you :)

omg jackie your a machineeeeeee :) so cant wait for the boot :) i have a little idea im wanting to do , u see i want to build my boot and shin with a frame u no like tony does inn iron man 1 , with the frame an stuff also trying to figure out how im gunna have it come to peices around the under suit exo skeleton , trust me brother ima do this a massive justice for you :)

Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! Left Thigh added!

I wait your 3d file ^^

streetsoul- Sounds like a good idea to me! Maybe when i finish the suit is finished ill add some inner suit skeletons upon request :thumbsup

JamesStark- Sounds good :)

Boot is finished (other than the sole)! Here it is!
View attachment 145175View attachment 145176View attachment 145177View attachment 145178

Now my idea for the sole is to keep it how it is in this picture (pretty much flat) but separately model the raised detail parts to have them separated from the main boot model
View attachment 145179

This way, itll be (in theory) easier to pep, and also for those who dont want/need to show off the bottoms of their boots, dont have to pep all of the individual little rectangle shapes at all and just pep the main part of the boot, which is the one solid and easy piece on the bottom. Let me know what you all think :) (i can either do this way or just permanently attatch all of the parts to the bottom of the sole.) Thanks again, everyone!

streetsoul- Sounds like a good idea to me! Maybe when i finish the suit is finished ill add some inner suit skeletons upon request :thumbsup

JamesStark- Sounds good :)

View attachment 145175View attachment 145176View attachment 145177View attachment 145178

Now my idea for the sole is to keep it how it is in this picture (pretty much flat) but separately model the raised detail parts to have them separated from the main boot model
View attachment 145179

This way, itll be (in theory) easier to pep, and also for those who dont want/need to show off the bottoms of their boots, dont have to pep all of the individual little rectangle shapes at all and just pep the main part of the boot, which is the one solid and easy piece on the bottom. Let me know what you all think :) (i can either do this way or just permanently attatch all of the parts to the bottom of the sole.) Thanks again, everyone!

that sounds awsome man cant wait :) soooooooooooo lol any time limit on when the boot will be done ? would love to unfold this for paper too :)

View attachment 145179

:love that boot. . .i might use this on my v2 suit :lol hit my email up jackie when it's ready

Last edited:

Hey guys. Done with the shin. Well just a mockup actually.

427304_567565989921065_106791562_n.jpg

Half of me thinks it's small, half of me thinks it's not. And I have some problems putting my foot in. I might install zippers to the back to wear them. But I'm not yet sure. IMO I think I got the scale right. And the shin looks bigger in this pic 'cause of the cam angle. It's hard taking pictures by yourself :lol. What do you guys think? Bigger? Or keep it as it is?
if me ill keep it.. mk47 surpose to be slim built

my build so far( except for the helmet), thanks for the awesome files!

my build so far( except for the helmet), thanks for the awesome files!

Looks great, but is the forearm too short? I had mine go from my knuckles (hand plate attached) to just behind my elbow. Looking at the model pics, the upper (missle) plate covers a portion of the elbow hinge. Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong. Let me know your thoughts on it

Jackieisrockin's Iron Man Mk 42 Pepakura Files! Left Thigh added!

jackieisrockin can you send me 3D file of boot :D?

Streetsoul- Today! Just finished the boot right now and ill send it later on to Ironmaided for unfolding (no internet here. On my phone right now :unsure) :) You can PM me your email and i can send it to you as well :thumbsup

Ironmaided- Itll be sent to you soon :)

Stark05- Looks good! Exited for more progress!

JamesStark- Sure! Just PM your email :)

I decided to model the boot how i said, keep it a simple pep for the bottom of the main boot part and model all of the little pieces separate and if anyone is looking for accuracy, they can pep all those parts and just attach them to the bottom of their boot themselves :):thumbsup

As always guys, this is coming out amazing! Cant wait to finish my IP build and then start in on this one. I only have 5 weeks left until Pax East to gey my IP done. Hope i can finish in time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back