A little help with an armor I am trying to make (First time)

Berial01

I am trying to make an armor costume for a convention/halloween event... and it's my first time doing something like this.
I wish it to be as good as it can be... however price IS a tad troublesome...
maybe someone can help me make it into a pepakura file so I can make it with EVA foam....
if anyone could/can help me it would be greatly appreciated... here is the image of the armor and weapon... any help is greatly appreciated
archetypesaber01.jpgavalon.jpg

Attachments

• archetypesaber01.jpg
    archetypesaber01.jpg
    740.3 KB · Views: 183
Could any of you guys please help me?!? I really want to build a Iron man mark 6 suit out of foam, but I've got a mac. I've downloaded the stealth files that are pdf versions but they look a little small when i print them out. Im 5"10 and medium build. Has anyone had any experience with these files?? or could someone who's in the know check them out for me and let me know please. I'm also a bit confused by the numbers on the shapes I don't get how they match up?! Sorry if this isn't the place to post this I'm a complete noob at this. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to be able to have this ready for Halloween.

Turbo.. First thing you might be pushing it to finish a iron man suit by Halloween. I made an iron man suit mark VII using pepakura having a full time job and I finished it in 2 months with barely any sleep in time for Halloween last year. Now unless you have time to work from morning to night you may make it. I've heard of dudes that have made suits in 2 weeks. You will need to purchase pepakura to size it to your size unless you can manage to already find those files in your size. I have all apple products myself and I went to a friends to print out the stuff. But there are programs to convert your Mac into windows as well. The project is also going to cost you money especially if you don't have tools to start with. I dropped about $1500.00 on my materials but it was worth it and fun. It all depends on how your going to approach the suit and what your making it out of.
But yeah your first thing is to get the pepakura program and there is a 3D model when you download the files into it that you can look at to compare and see where each piece goes if your confused.

Lol sorry Berial01 I'm not really sure where to get those pepakura files for that suit. Do you know the name of that character, like where it came from video game or anime? I would research the web to see if other cosplayers have made that. You may end up finding a process.

... wait.. I made the post and they helping Turbo? not even anything about me? WTF?! 0_o?!

The issue is that people who make pep files usually look for 2 things:
Lots of people are interested in making it.
There are lots and lots of good pictures of the outfit from all angles.

I've never seen someone go and make a pep file that just one person is interested in. Which is not to say it can't happen, just that it rarely does.

The issue is that people who make pep files usually look for 2 things:
Lots of people are interested in making it.
There are lots and lots of good pictures of the outfit from all angles.

I've never seen someone go and make a pep file that just one person is interested in. Which is not to say it can't happen, just that it rarely does.
Kinda gave them a pic of the back and front... can't get any better than that... still tought I wish people woudl actually at least point me out on the right direction or somthing... T_T

These shapes are all pretty basic. You don't really need this pepped, just look online for a curiass pattern with lobster tails and modify that. You can also check out Svetlana's shop for cosplay armor pattern books that will give you head-to-toe basic armor shapes that you can print and use to build any number of costumes. http://kamuicosplay.storenvy.com/

I see that you're doing Prototype Saber. I did a gender bend Saber Alter earlier this year freehand and am currently working on Saber of Red from Apocrypha. It's really not that hard. Draw each armor piece on some card stock or regular copy paper and see how each piece would fit together in the real world. It's a lot of trial and error plus plenty of patience. You can always look around the forum on foam builds especially JFCustom's thread: http://www.therpf.com/f24/jfcustoms-foam-files-148889/?highlight=jfcustom. The amount of information there is enormous. Try making a few of the smaller files he has to get an idea how foam bends, curves and whatnot. That way when you do it freehand, you would understand how things work. Good luck!

Here's a couple of pics of my Alter and current WIP of Saber of Red just to give you and idea:

sabeeer.jpg

10990_10204955226865469_3407736792388762973_n.jpg

I see that you're doing Prototype Saber. I did a gender bend Saber Alter earlier this year freehand and am currently working on Saber of Red from Apocrypha. It's really not that hard. Draw each armor piece on some card stock or regular copy paper and see how each piece would fit together in the real world. It's a lot of trial and error plus plenty of patience. You can always look around the forum on foam builds especially JFCustom's thread: http://www.therpf.com/f24/jfcustoms-foam-files-148889/?highlight=jfcustom. The amount of information there is enormous. Try making a few of the smaller files he has to get an idea how foam bends, curves and whatnot. That way when you do it freehand, you would understand how things work. Good luck!

Here's a couple of pics of my Alter and current WIP of Saber of Red just to give you and idea:

View attachment 377037

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd...._=1418892215_0863ab2bc410fe77db72b41c717031ea
can you send me the file for that Alter Saber? that looks kick ass!!! D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back