The worst movies you've ever seen?

TPM was weak in the crowd-pleasing category but at least it felt well-constructed overall.

AOTC was just weak. You could really tell they slammed that thing through production just to get it over with. You get the feeling that GL cared a lot about all of TPM, and a lot about portions of ROTS, but not much of AOTC.

Pretty much my feelings. TPM is bearable if you ignore Jar Jar but AOTC is like pulling teeth.

Here is one for the list from 1991.... "On Videocassette"...you guys see that @ the bottom? :lol
/snip

Oh deary me- I remember watching this.... Anyone who paints a GSXR-1100 those colours deserves therapy.

His 'Posse' who appear to be riding equally unpleasantly pained GPZ600s also need :behave

I'll probably get some flak for saying this, but one of the worst films I've seen is Suckerpunch. Just really a bad excuse for hot girls and guns (not that I'm complaining at that bit in itself :lol ) but the portrayal of the characters was pretty dire, and the setting of a mental institution was a poor way to have girls "fighting the male power". To have attractive girls shown being mentally and emotionally vulnerable in a weird-ass mental home, whilst still attempting to sexualise them actually made me really uncomfortable. ASide from the misogynistic undertones, the dialogue and plot was terrible, the plot literally made no sense; like if they had a key that opened all the doors, why did they need fire to open all the doors; and if they didn't know that they were going to get caught, why did they actually need the knife?
Well anyway, the soundtrack and visuals were rather nice. I haven't seen many truly awful movies though...
How so?

I was nearly ostracized from existence for liking that film, and that was before I tried to defend it as a film that was actually good. Everybody here hates it with a passion.

I couldn't finish Suckerpunch. It was relentlessly empty. Like a long trailer. And I wanted to like it so much: it was set in my hometown, Brattleboro :)

I have to say, some movies are bad and you *know* they are bad before you even start watching them. With that I mind, I could list a hundred awful movies (many listed here already). I mean, really? What do you expect from Surf Nazi's? Or anything "Part 5"?

The one that I hate the most, that was supposed to be serious and released in a theater and the one that I FORCED myself to finish because I thought it would redeem itself at some point?

What movie do I hate above all others?

MIAMI ****ING VICE

Miami Vice (2006) - IMDb

UGH. I hated this! It just didn't go anywhere. The characters we shallow, nothing happened and it just fizzled out. How could you take characters from a TV show than ran for years and not know what to do with them? How could you take 2 great actors and make them just do NOTHING on screen?

UGH.

This movie was so bad, I wanted to lick my own butthole just to get the bad taste of this movie out of my mouth. It is always the first thing I think of when I hear "what movie did you hate?" The memory of this travesty come screeching back into my head.

There are a lot of really horrible movies out there. There are even movies that are, arguably, much lower on the quality scale than the one I'm going to list. However, for me, it was a number of factors that made this one the ultimate stinker in my book:

Dungeons and Dragons.

Not only was it just a flat-out bad movie, but it completely missed the point of its source material. It looked like it was filmed in a local park. The special effects weren't. The bad guy's name went beyond the typically bad made-up D&D names and sound like a failed anti-depressant drug (Profion). Bruce Payne strutted around in blue lipstick like he lost a bet with the costume designer. The "heroes" were bumbling idiots that also lacked personality. The writers chickened out and failed to use ANYTHING from the rich histories of the D&D game worlds.

The only "good" thing about this film is watching Jeremy Irons (Profion). It isn't that his performance is a good one. It's more like he was so disgusted with having to be in this steaming pile that he elected to see just how BAD of a performance he could give.

I just saw the new Die Hard. UUGGHHH save your money. I wouldn't even recommend renting it. It was hi dad Hi son BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM I don't like you dad BOOOOOOOOOM I kill bad guys BOOOOOOOOOOM.

Dungeons and Dragons.

:lol

It looked like it was filmed in a local park.

Pretty much was...

I worked on this for a while and then told them I had to leave because of how inexperienced the production folks were. In the end they threw a bunch of $ my way and I did a few more things for them because I'm a wh***. :lol

Agreed though. We all knew it was terrible pretty much before filming started.

The RUN-DMC vehicle Tougher Than Leather eats all these other "worst movie" contenders' lunches, makes them out to be down right competent. Rick Rubin "directed" a sub-cinematic disasterpiece that really let's you appreciate how much room there is below "unbelievably stupid" and "unbearingly boring."

It's so bad, it's instructive.

Final fantasy: the spirits within ONLY because it is nothing like the original movie they were making. It got scrapped and redone in the middle of production constantly and went from looking like something from the games to what it is now. It's no wonder it killed Square's hawaii office they'd probably have quit at the end after all the crap they kept having to redo with a new script.

I really can't stand Gone With the Wind. Dull, drawn-out, over acted, and not a zombie or giant robot in sight. I'd rather sit through Little Women on endless loop. There, I said it

:lol

Pretty much was...

I worked on this for a while and then told them I had to leave because of how inexperienced the production folks were. In the end they threw a bunch of $ my way and I did a few more things for them because I'm a wh***. :lol

Agreed though. We all knew it was terrible pretty much before filming started.
As a D&D player since 1979 (not much in the last 15 yrs :lol) I waited a llloonnggg time for a "great" D&D style film. I saw the trailer for this and thought "abomination", my old gaming group went to see it but I refused (much like Highlander 2-175 or whatever they are on now! :lol). LOTR scratched my itch for a great D&D movie more than I though possible :cool!

Are you credited on it Mike? I'd netflix it just for that! (I sat through Sigma Die for a buddies cameo!:lol)

Jurassic Park 3. It was as big of a steaming pile of excrement as the one they found the ringing sat phone in.

Spiderman 3. Really, really bad.

Unbreakable. More like unbearable. One and a half hours of misery...it gets good for 10 minutes, then ends.

Dracula Dead and Loving it.

Freddy got Fingered.

The Guru. Why Mike Myers, why?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III

And one that I'm sure I'll take a ton of flak for, but simply couldn't sit through- Serenity.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back