NIKE MAG Knockoffs

7046043145_c22c25b9fb_z.jpg
That looks cool. It would be good if they actually made the silver ones with the black sole.

Like so many, I've wanted a pair of NIKE AIR MAG shoes since they were first shown to the world in 1989. 23 years later and I now have them :love I also own a pair of Mark Poon's Air Mags, and whilst they are wearable, they are a touch too small for me and so now reside as a prop in my Home Theatre. Talk about doing what ever it takes for as long as it takes :behave
I found a site last year [fashion life] and I bought 2 pair of the black and whites in January of this year. They made me pay by Western Union, and like in the video (back on page 1) they communicated by email and gave a tracking number. The shoes arrived in about 5~7 days. Because I bought 2 pair, I was only charged one lot of shipping and apparently it is free shipping for orders over $200.00USD.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

My pair are size 10 and I bought the smallest ones they make (size 8?) for my wife. They are a bit big for her (she actually needs 7), but mine fit perfect.
At first they did look very much like a genuine NIKE product, but looking over them and their box carefully and I found typos in the printing and there were lots of threads that needed clipping back that a genuine NIKE product would not have. So I quickly trimmed them and who cares about the box and its typo? They spelled the word "athletic" as "athietic"?

I do actually wear mine out. I just wear my jeans over the top and don't tuck them in like shown here. The shoes are well made and they are very light and comfortable. On one of my first wears out, I was forced to dive in to a pool to save a child from a possible drowning. They dried out well and there is no signs of an damage from the water, so all good there.

The only modification I have done is to add a piece of 1" wide self adhesive "hook and loop" to the inside of the plastic part of the ankle strap. That way it stays in place even when the strap is undone and prevents the strap working its way down during wearing.

I have thought about ordering a pair of the black and red ones, but don't like the 'worn' look that the photos have.

Attachments

• W 3.JPG
    W 3.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 1,964
Last edited:
Yeesh. I don't think I'd pay twice as much for them.

Yeah I agree. Don't get me wrong they're great but not worth $200. Now if the revisions are made with "icey" soles...I'll def. shell out about $100-150 But thats about it. Especially since i'll be tearing them down for the LEDs and EL lights lol

so where do we get said markpoons from? just join this site today, for the threads just for this shoe lol. been on the hunt all i found was site already listed but no markpoon.

so where do we get said markpoons from? just join this site today, for the threads just for this shoe lol. been on the hunt all i found was site already listed but no markpoon.

He sells them in the Junkyard. You should buy them and then conver them yourself. They're fun to add the lights.

Here is my conversion. I think Markpoons are MUCH more accurate than these knockoffs.

Dsc04344-1.jpg

Dsc04353.jpg

Dsc04352-1.jpg

Dsc04351-1.jpg

Dsc04354.jpg

Dsc04385.jpg

Dsc04386.jpg

Dsc04383.jpg

Dsc04384.jpg

It's not so much about accuracy as it is if an adult male can actually wear them. I'd much rather have 80% accurate mags I had to work for and can wear than 95% accurate props that wouldn't fit on my hands. Also, I have yet to see these ones in person but I did previously own Mark's and the quality of those was nothing to be proud of.

I guess thats the biggest difference, I never cared about wearing them. Marks shoes are actually VERY well made. The only week spots are the white ankle foam piece and the strap material. Other than that, these shoes are really difficult to take apart.

Cool.

I noticed on images of the real NIKE AIR MAG that the collar appears to have plastic of something similar to help hold its shape. When I wear my "knock offs", if the strap slips below the base of the collar, they tend to splay out. The MP shoes I first bought are bad for this.
attachment.php

If you look at images of the real deal, it does not have this issue.

That looks cool. It would be good if they actually made the silver ones with the black sole.

Like so many, I've wanted a pair of NIKE AIR MAG shoes since they were first shown to the world in 1989. 23 years later and I now have them :love I also own a pair of Mark Poon's Air Mags, and whilst they are wearable, they are a touch too small for me and so now reside as a prop in my Home Theatre. Talk about doing what ever it takes for as long as it takes :behave
I found a site last year [fashion life] and I bought 2 pair of the black and whites in January of this year. They made me pay by Western Union, and like in the video (back on page 1) they communicated by email and gave a tracking number. The shoes arrived in about 5~7 days. Because I bought 2 pair, I was only charged one lot of shipping and apparently it is free shipping for orders over $200.00USD.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

My pair are size 10 and I bought the smallest ones they make (size 8?) for my wife. They are a bit big for her (she actually needs 7), but mine fit perfect.
At first they did look very much like a genuine NIKE product, but looking over them and their box carefully and I found typos in the printing and there were lots of threads that needed clipping back that a genuine NIKE product would not have. So I quickly trimmed them and who cares about the box and its typo? They spelled the word "athletic" as "athietic"?

I do actually wear mine out. I just wear my jeans over the top and don't tuck them in like shown here. The shoes are well made and they are very light and comfortable. On one of my first wears out, I was forced to dive in to a pool to save a child from a possible drowning. They dried out well and there is no signs of an damage from the water, so all good there.

The only modification I have done is to add a piece of 1" wide self adhesive "hook and loop" to the inside of the plastic part of the ankle strap. That way it stays in place even when the strap is undone and prevents the strap working its way down during wearing.

I have thought about ordering a pair of the black and red ones, but don't like the 'worn' look that the photos have.

could you show me a pic of the self adhesive inside the plastic part of the ankle strap?

i have the same problem with mine.

i was thinking of getting 2 small velcro squares and just sticking them onto the back of the shoes and onto the plastic piece so they always stay there.

could you show me a pic of the self adhesive inside the plastic part of the ankle strap?

i have the same problem with mine.

i was thinking of getting 2 small velcro squares and just sticking them onto the back of the shoes and onto the plastic piece so they always stay there.

Here you go :)

attachment.php

With the Mark Poon shoes, I ran the hook and loop vertical, but what I found was that as I pulled the strap tight, the white buckle thing would twist towards the direction I was pulling the strap and because the hook and loop was just 25mm wide, it tended to pull away. So I decided to do something different and ran it horizontal. This way it has almost the full 2" of surface contact and so far, has not moved. These are my wife's :loveshoes :)

EDIT: In the first 2 shots of me wearing the shoes, there was no hook and loop and why the straps are twisted. It was after that initial wear that I decided I needed to fix the problem. My wife didn't wear hers for about 2 weeks. I think she felt a little awkward even though she has an identical pair of Jordan 8s which we both wore when we came to the US in 2010.

Last edited:
Here you go :)

attachment.php

With the Mark Poon shoes, I ran the hook and loop vertical, but what I found was that as I pulled the strap tight, the white buckle thing would twist towards the direction I was pulling the strap and because the hook and loop was just 25mm wide, it tended to pull away. So I decided to do something different and ran it horizontal. This way it has almost the full 2" of surface contact and so far, has not moved. These are my wife's :loveshoes :)

cool, it looks brilliant.
im off to the shop now to get some velcro!
thanks

Buy the self adhesive stuff so you don't need to worry about glue :)

yeah, im going to get the velcro self adhesive like you've got.

what do you reckon about the white piece of foam on the sole? do you think there is a way to paint that or speckle it with paint?

i read that angelus paint is the best if you are painting sneakers, or to use some sort of dye for any leather or fake leather.

yeah, im going to get the velcro self adhesive like you've got.

Because the vertical velcro didn't really work on the Poon shoes, my first attempt on these was actually a hot glue gun, but that just peeled away after about 2 days. So I went to back to self adhesive hook and loop, just ran it horizontally this time.

what do you reckon about the white piece of foam on the sole? do you think there is a way to paint that or speckle it with paint?

It feels about the same density as the stuff on the Poon shoes and I used water based craft paint to add my speckles on those. I should have masked up and flicked the paint instead of dabbing it on as my dots came out too course. Once it dried, it became hard and so far has not peeled or scrapped off. I also used an Aqua similar to the colour of the MAG, not blue. Oh well. Those that have seen them like them.

i read that angelus paint is the best if you are painting sneakers, or to use some sort of dye for any leather or fake leather.

Given Nick's (?) set silver set seemed to be painted in his video, I wonder if you could not just use a a grey spray primer and maybe a top coat after that. I've spray painted 'wearable items' before and the paint does not crack or peel once properly dried.

I used a gloss black rust protector (because it is what I had on hand at the time) spray pack and it worked well.

i want to make just a light up strap, what materials are required other than the leather strap?
i know a few of you have got the full led, soles and strap all connected to one battery for your original style replicas. but say i just want the strap to light up on these knockoffs, what materials are required other than el sheet?

any instructions available, that would be great. i have a soldering iron ready!

i want to make just a light up strap, what materials are required other than the leather strap?
i know a few of you have got the full led, soles and strap all connected to one battery for your original style replicas. but say i just want the strap to light up on these knockoffs, what materials are required other than el sheet?

any instructions available, that would be great. i have a soldering iron ready!

I'm doing the same thing. ONLY the EL strap. you need an inverter, the battery, the sheet,...that's it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back