New Thor Avengers Hammer or THOR movie Hammer?

I like them equally but obviously with these movies, it's all about continuity. Mjolnir is the one thing that would never change. I think it was a BS move to change an ancient artifact....especially for a literal move, design-wise.

I agree. In the Marvel world, how do explain Mjolnir changing? Hair, yes. Suit, yes. Hammer? No way.

They probably did the change for marketing reasons for Thor and Avengers separately. A slight change in design would mean different licenses and more possibilities for the toys, replica props, etc. Thus, museum replicas and efx can make one but still are not the same.

Or, the Director was strict on a design change. I'm sure the powers-that-be at Marvel were all about continuity, which may be why the hammer head stayed the same.
Besides, who's to say that Odin didn't have the hammer refurbished with a new handle wrapping?

I have to agree with the masses, the Avengers hammer. For me I just prefer the color of the leather better.

Hey guys,

Just a heads up that the Sideshow (Museum Replicas) Hammer is now less than 20 units available.

I jumped on it today after they froze sales a couple of days ago due to an inventory check. Its back on now and they have already sold 10 since yesterday.

Good Luck!

I just found more information regarding the EFX Collectibles "The Avengers Movie Collectibles" featuring Thor's Hammer and Helmet, Captain's Helmet and Shield, and Iron Man's helmet. They all look amazing and can't wait for them to be up for sale. Especially the hammer replica.

Pictures below are from:
THE AVENGERS Movie eFX Collectible Replicas Displayed At WonderCon 2012
Click on the link to see more.

"Thanks to Collider & IdleHands, we have photos of the displayed eFx replica helmets for Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America, in addition to the first Avenger's vibranium shield, and the God of Thunder's mighty Mjolnir!"

One comment said:

I got to hold cap's shield and thor's hammer while I was there today. I even got to pose with them a little. The hammer is actually quite heavy, but the shield is very light. However, I talked to some of the guys who were displaying them and they said the hammer might way less than the one I was holding when they actually start selling them, because the one there was just a prototype. The reason for that is to reduce shipping costs. Also, they said the following items would probably cost about these prices:

Captain America Shield: 350-399
Captain America helmet: 350-399
Iron Man helmet: 599-699
Thor helmet: 599-699
Thor hammer: I can't remember exactly, but it was either the same price as cap's shield or thor's helmet.

By the way, they also told me that they will probably sell a hammer that lights up (not in a cheesy way) but like those FX starwars collectable lightsabers. The way they described it sounded cool.

69918271191d8ab0eb71b.jpg

699182756759720ee43db.jpg

69918274772c53483c20b.jpg

6845700176a5707083b6b.jpg

And YES, the Museum Replica Hammers at https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901440 are now up for pre-order again with a very low number of less than 20 REMAINING.

Still waiting patiently for the "word" from Sideshow that their replica is ready to ship. Site still says there are less than 10 available with ship date "May" so I'm hoping we get these out before the end of the month.
Without a doubt, if the efx items look like they do in those photos, they can count me in for the shield and hammer.

Sideshow now has the due date pushed to next month. I kinda saw this coming when there were no shipping updates by mid-month.
Honestly, like the efx replicas, this item should have been ready for sale as soon as the movie hit theaters - "strike while the iron is hot"

Yeah, it'd be cool if it was heavier, but five pounds aint bad considering I own the Disguise hammer, which despite being a costume accesory, is actually a decent placeholder for a high-end replica, and also a suitable replica for the casual fan.

Sideshow now has the due date pushed to next month. I kinda saw this coming when there were no shipping updates by mid-month.
Honestly, like the efx replicas, this item should have been ready for sale as soon as the movie hit theaters - "strike while the iron is hot"

Seriously. The movie is ridiculously popular now and there is people out there looking for replicas to buy. It is a shame EFX doesn't have them for sale yet, (who knows when?) while they are in demand. Even SideShow has only NOW released a movie replica from THOR(movie last year) while everyone is into Avengers replicas now. I know gaining the rights to make the replicas and finding the guys who make it take a while, but they need to take advantage when the movie is getting released.

I do not expect to see my SideShow Thor hammer til July due to their slow progression.

That hammer looks freakin cool. I'm gonna have to join in and admit that I prefer the The Avengers version of Mjolnir to the Thor version. It just looks better. If the eFX version is significantly cheaper than the Museum Replicas one then I'm definitely gonna get me a hammer. I'll probably get the shield too while I'm at it...

Sideshow has now moved the release date to July.
I saw this coming which means it will likely be changed again. It's possible we won't see this until August I bet.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back