Nice-N Model Design message to all Studio Scalers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to update and mention that Steve and I have been in touch and he's working to get things resolved.

Update: I have some big news concerning Steve and the backlog. Most of you do not know, but Steve has been hired by the newly created Chronicle LLC. Chronicle has secured the licenses for several movies including Robocop, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, and several others. They will be much like eFx and will be producing high end finished models. Because of the license agreements, Steve will not be able to produce any new models outside of the agreements made through Chronicle LLC. Steve has turned his TIE fighter backlog over to John Lavalley. His company: Rezin Nation, will complete building/moulding the TIE wing and fulfilling the remaining backlog orders.

John's contact information is: minibuilder49@yahoo.com

We are down to 3 individuals owed TIE fighters in this backlog thread. I also know that there will be some folks who missed out on this thread and are owed some items, never fear all owed still be honored. Steve has been making kits for over 15 years so things are bound to fall through the cracks from time to time. Anyone outside of these 3 TIE fighters will just need to contact John Lavalley. Once these TIE fighters are shipped this backlog thread will be closed.

Though this feels like a door is closing to us, I know we will be enjoying the things that Steve and Chronicle will bring to our hobby in the days to come. I will not be returning often to the RPF for personal reasons. I won't close my account but I won't be checking in very often after that time. I want to leave it open so folks who know me only via the RPF can still reach me. :)

I speak for both Steve and myself, it has been an honor working with you fine folks of the RPF. I know many friendships have been forged in this place and many of you are considered great friends. I look forward to what the future brings for us. :)

Dave

Update: I have some big news concerning Steve and the backlog. Most of you do not know, but Steve has been hired by the newly created Chronicle LLC. Chronicle has secured the licenses for several movies including Robocop, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, and several others. They will be much like eFx and will be producing high end finished models. Because of the license agreements, Steve will not be able to produce any new models outside of the agreements made through Chronicle LLC. Steve has turned his TIE fighter backlog over to John Lavalley. His company: Rezin Nation, will complete building/moulding the TIE wing and fulfilling the remaining backlog orders.

John's contact information is: minibuilder49@yahoo.com

We are down to 3 individuals owed TIE fighters in this backlog thread. I also know that there will be some folks who missed out on this thread and are owed some items, never fear all owed still be honored. Steve has been making kits for over 15 years so things are bound to fall through the cracks from time to time. Anyone outside of these 3 TIE fighters will just need to contact John Lavalley. Once these TIE fighters are shipped this backlog thread will be closed.

Though this feels like a door is closing to us, I know we will be enjoying the things that Steve and Chronicle will bring to our hobby in the days to come. I will not be returning often to the RPF for personal reasons. I won't close my account but I won't be checking in very often after that time. I want to leave it open so folks who know me only via the RPF can still reach me. :)

I speak for both Steve and myself, it has been an honor working with you fine folks of the RPF. I know many friendships have been forged in this place and many of you are considered great friends. I look forward to what the future brings for us. :)

Dave

Thanks for the update, just pm'd you so when you have the opportunity - thanks

Sanjay

I'm getting tons of PMs about future projects that Steve was working on. All I can say is this. He worked with many folks to bring these models to us. If those other individuals decide to take up the torch and continue working on those projects, we will be blessed with them at some point. Otherwise, he will not be offering any new product whatsoever per his contract with Chronicle. There will be no exceptions. I am not involved with any of his other future projects so I can't speak for anyone else. I will just say you should keep your eyes peeled on the RPF and maybe someday you might get your wish. I know it's a let down, it is for all of us, but I like to look at it another way: This new company: Chronicle, has some of the best names in the hobby working on their team. I'm guessing they will satisfy our modeling appetite nicely. :)

Will be interesting to see what this company will produce in the future. Went to their website and sadly nothing so far is of interest to me. :(

Is anyone in touch with Steve Neisen?

I think I might be one of the "three individuals" Dave mentioned above...

Steve promised to finally send the stuff I paid over three years ago and forwarded this tracking info about six weeks ago. Nothing has changed since then though - no items, no other messages received.

(And the USPS folks need around 10-14 days to ship stuff to where I live.)

And he went silent again.

I guess the "tracking info" was just another song and dance.

Falk

Falk, I emailed you. I talked with the Post office and they said sometimes they track sometimes they don't, 10 to 15 days and they said they cant put a trace until it registers. He also said it could all update at once when it arrives in Germany. Shipped a package to the UK same time frame global priority.. took 20 days didn't track until 5 days after it was delivered!! I'm watching it closely. thanks George.

I hope I am on that list too. I have been waiting to exchange TIE wing stars for standard wings for 4 years now.

Falk, I emailed you. I talked with the Post office and they said sometimes they track sometimes they don't, 10 to 15 days and they said they cant put a trace until it registers. He also said it could all update at once when it arrives in Germany. Shipped a package to the UK same time frame global priority.. took 20 days didn't track until 5 days after it was delivered!! I'm watching it closely. thanks George.

Steve, I am glad that you still come here to chime in, kudos for that. However, so that Falk does not have to take all potential flak for this, but I must say that from experience (and combined experience with a few other members with a lot of international shipping experience) it is indeed not uncommon that items aren´t scanned properly in transit.
But it is very, very, VERY unusual that you create a shipping label, deliver it to the P.O. and it is NOT scanned and entered into the system immediately. You can calm Falk´s (and your own nerves, I guess) by initiating an investigation.

I am glad to see this thread come to an end after all these years and I am happy to hear that you have a new job that lets you live your dream or at least lets you do something that you dearly love. Good for the nerves and karma ;)

I drop the TIE sized boxed off in a box that gets collected after close of business. Its a called an USPS after hours drop we have here in Cheyenne.. I use On Line shipping labels so it is possible to drop off the box with out any post office personal scanning it in. Its happened a few times as I indicated in my message above. So I'm not sure the insinuation about it not being scanned in. I'll agree if you drop it off with the post clerk it would be very very very unusual but that's not the case here. It was dropped in the after hours box. I've already contacted Falk with a back up plan there are not worries here. He and like everyone else did will receive their items. JLinNY yes sir your exchange wings are being done will find out when they ship out and will pm you immediately. Thanks again for the opportunity this forum has provided so we can make this stuff and others can enjoy.. trust me I'm happier than anyone in that everyone is/has been taken care of.

Steve, I am glad that you still come here to chime in, kudos for that. However, so that Falk does not have to take all potential flak for this, but I must say that from experience (and combined experience with a few other members with a lot of international shipping experience) it is indeed not uncommon that items aren´t scanned properly in transit.
But it is very, very, VERY unusual that you create a shipping label, deliver it to the P.O. and it is NOT scanned and entered into the system immediately. You can calm Falk´s (and your own nerves, I guess) by initiating an investigation.

I am glad to see this thread come to an end after all these years and I am happy to hear that you have a new job that lets you live your dream or at least lets you do something that you dearly love. Good for the nerves and karma ;)

Steve, thanks for filling in the blanks. And its good to see you take care of this thread to the very end, and not have a "messenger" take care of this. (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Good to hear from you Steve and best for the new job....after 5 years I'm hoping that Tie std will finally be heading my way sometime soon

Thanks

Hi Steve...Hope that you still remember my SS Snow speeder. try contacting your thru PM but I guess your mail box is full...still waiting:cry

I've already contacted Falk with a back up plan there are not worries here. He and like everyone else did will receive their items.

Still no movement on USPS tracking and no shipment received or in sight.

Steve, what about the "back up plan" you talked about (i.e. the "spare" set) - did you mail this already (as suggested), otherwise I would ask you to do so.

Thanks.

... and for what it is worth: July was another month without any progress or message from Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back