ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

FYI it worked!! :D

They accepted to ship to this friend of mine in the US and immediately after my mail they refunded the difference in shipping to my Paypal account!!

Great for me and I have to admit flawless customer service service here!!!! :thumbsup

It was totally different from another well known officially licensed SW supplyer which after the trade ignores not only my e-mails but everybody had issues with their products or service....:behave

And judging from this latest statement we will have a real winner incoming!!:cool

Thanks ANOVOS!!

Regards,

Alberto

Hi Everyone, thanks so much for your enthusiasm on our first release ! It is so greatly appreciated, beyond words.

For our International customers, know that we've already been in talks so that time is coming very soon. But, its not just about license...What is most important for us, is reducing the total cost to you because frankly, its unfair to pass custom cost of crossing borders from manufacture site to us in America, then have to have you pay another trade cost going back over another border. Therefore, we've actually been working on an international fulfillment program that ships direct and reduces at least one of the border customs. This way, our friends in the UK and internationally will actually benefit from the SAME PRICE as the US customers for price equality. The only thing I ask from you is patience as not too many small companies have established systems like this for global trade (as most just push the increased custom cost of manufactured good to the customer aka Int'l price hike! ) so setting up the infrastructure for this is not the easiest thing to do, but we've made some major headway.

Thank you! :thumbsup Now this is what I call a professional approach to every customer in the world! Long ago Sideshow had an EU warehouse, which helped European customers with costs, but they don't have it anymore, eFX had insane shipping for Legend Vader for Eastern Europe, hopefully they will rethink their policy for other Legend items etc., etc. I almost every time paid more for the items in my collection than other collectors, but I didn't mind too much when those costs were not outrageous because of shipping and other taxes etc..

Anovos is approaching this in a great way concerning international customers, I think other companies should learn from you, the customer base is now global and many people want high end collectibles, props and costumes to arrive to their homes, not being restricted by continents or countries and with reasonable shipping prices. As long as I know you will try your best to do this for us I'll be patiently waiting. :)

BTW will you consider making Imperial officers outfits? Also will you be selling individual suit parts of these? Like a rank insignia, a cap etc? For example I'm really looking for an accurate Imperial insignia worn by Tarkin and Snowtrooper Commander.

Thanks for the tip, and good advice! :thumbsup

I'm already signed up for their newsletter-- I guess I'm just a little anxious and wanting to start making a budget for one so I know when to have the money ready.

The solo pre-order outfit and gear are slated for either this week or next week. As always, the newsletter folks will get first dibs on the Tier 1 pricing along with future goodies !

Joe

Jose, I ordered the belt rig last night. So excited to see it, and really psyched for what you've built since the AP days!

Quick question- I ordered a large, but I wasn't sure if I should be measuring waist, hips, over pants/tucked shirt/belt, ect. Any advice? If necessary, could I change the size of the order at this point?

Hope you're well!

Doug (westies14)

I ordered too. Looked like a great offering. Love the fact you can switch out to make the different movie belts. I got a small but I think it might still be a tad big on me.

I was interested in what the droid caller, cylinder, and greebles were constructed from.

I looked at the Anovos site and maybe I missed it, but I have a question about the pre-order payment.

Are you charged at the time you place your ORDER or at the time when it SHIPS? Thanks for the help!

I was away from the rpf for nearly a year and just came back within the last week and have just found this thread...

It's fantastic to see these items becoming available and I think the Bespin Luke fatigues look awesome; they'd definitely do well as a static display as some have said. I'm glad to see rpf'ers being awarded a license to do this; I had been excited for a while about Museum Replicas and what they might offer but they were a lot of bluster.

Congrats to you guys and best of luck with this going forward. In addition to what you've shown so far, a nicely reverse-engineered Palpatine robe set would be stellar...! :cool

I was away from the rpf for nearly a year and just came back within the last week and have just found this thread...

It's fantastic to see these items becoming available and I think the Bespin Luke fatigues look awesome; they'd definitely do well as a static display as some have said. I'm glad to see rpf'ers being awarded a license to do this; I had been excited for a while about Museum Replicas and what they might offer but they were a lot of bluster.

Congrats to you guys and best of luck with this going forward. In addition to what you've shown so far, a nicely reverse-engineered Palpatine robe set would be stellar...! :cool

It always makes me happy to see old school RPF names pop up. Welcome back!

960 bucks for a trouser, shirt and jacket?? Thats insane.

And belt! It's worth keeping in mind that this is a small production run - it's not like they're the Gap, cranking tens of thousands of these out in sweatshops. They were given access to the original costumes/patterns, and these are the first reproductions available to us in dead-on colors/materials. There will always be less expensive alternatives out there to put together a Han ensemble, but this price range seems entirely appropriate for a very niche market. Unlike the bootleg costumes out there, Anovos had to shell out what I imagine is a considerable investment to secure their license and access to the originals. It's also worth noting that yesterday the price was $900 for the earliest (tier 1) pre-orders, and enough people thought that was a good price that the first tier sold out (bumping it to the tier 2 price of $960).

I only ordered the holster rig because the whole costume was out of my price range right now, but it seems like a very fair price to me considering what high-end replicas (both licensed and unlicensed) go for. People regularly spend over $1k for a fan-made spandex jumpsuit on this forum. Just out of curiosity, what would you consider a reasonable price for this set given its pedigree and the costs of production/marketing? I don't mean that in a snarky way - I'm just curious. Anovos was started by RPF members and they know the hobby well. I have a feeling they're very open to customer feedback and discussion...

It's also worth mentioning that ANOVOS usually releases a "Premier Line" and "Standard Line" for most offerings. The Premier Line is geared toward the ultimate collector who cannot settle for anything less than the most-accurate licensed replica available. This generally means that fabrics are painstakingly sourced and custom-dyed because they aren't commercially available, and I suspect the economics behind this extra step are not cheap. The Standard Line usually relies on similar patterns that are still accurate, but constructed with less-exacting materials for the fan who is okay with "good enough." For everyone else, there's home-made or Rubies. :)

Thanks for that. :) I see you've been around for quite a long time as well, but I'm having trouble placing your username. Was it changed from something else by any chance?

Until very recently I was "Westies14" on here! I'm actually considering changing it back due to the confusion...

Doug !!! Talk about old friends ! Thanks for the kind words, old friend, and of course MJF. Awesome reunion of sorts and it almost feels like a good ol time Active Project..just with a company and a bit more formal ! hahahaha.

Also, thank you James for your kind words.

To answer some questions, $960 is TOTALLY INSANE !! Yes, that is not an uncommon saying when it comes to the Premium Editions. That is also a good descriptor for the level of dedication to the real thing people are. A quick story - when we saw the real Solo gear, we were actually floored when we discovered what the materials actually were. Grant it, we experimented in prototyping with various fabrics, linens, cottons and poly's but found that something was missing each time. It wasn't until we did the full commitment to the original materials (as seen in the screen used) that we discovered that the woolens carried a certain body flow and elegance that the replica poly's couldn't achieve. That's when we decided to to do the two levels of commitment on this one, a Premier Edition and a Standard Edition. When you have to absolutely, positively, BE THE PART , thats the Premier Edition will be there for order on our site (which is made in the USA, btw). To steal a line from tuskentrooper : The Premier Line is geared toward the ultimate collector who cannot settle for anything less than the most-accurate licensed replica available. This generally means that fabrics are painstakingly sourced and custom-dyed because they aren't commercially available, and I suspect the economics behind this extra step are not cheap

When you need to look the part and are okay with a little compromise, our Standard Edition will be there for you and not only our site but also our partnering retailer sites.

When it comes to the Han Solo belt, I appreciate everyone's support on that. I am glad most are able to see what we're trying to do with it by simply providing an all inclusive belt from all three movies to the greeblies we had an opportunity to examine and build from the originals. From a costuming standpoint, we are so happy to offer the belt in multiple sizes. We are not just talking about shortening the length of the belt, but instead proportionally changing the wearable size for the stated size range. We took our expertise from making costumes and applied here, where now the cut is proportionally sized for the wearer, so you get the appropriate lay and look, rather than a bulging holster rig that was meant for someone bigger.

As always, we remember what it is to be the customer, so should you need a different size, just contact our customer service team and we'd happily do an exchange just as we have with all our products for the past three years....BUT, please do your best in your initial order (lol).

When it comes to the Han Solo belt, I appreciate everyone's support on that. I am glad most are able to see what we're trying to do with it by simply providing an all inclusive belt from all three movies to the greeblies we had an opportunity to examine and build from the originals.

What materials are being used for the greeblies and droid caller?

Frank - they will be made with high impact plastic & metal parts where needed (pins). BUT, they will be direct from the screen used pieces ...not seen on screen...because they were in pouches.

J

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back