X-Men: Apocalypse

'X-Men: Apocalypse' First look at the new generation in EW | EW.com

ew-cover-1373-xmen_612x380.jpg

ew-cover-1373-xmen.jpg

First Official Look At 'X-Men:Apocalypse' Reveals Villain, 'Psylocke', 'Storm' And More — Heroic Hollywood

oscar-issac-1373-ew.jpg

mcavoy-xmen-1373-ew.jpg

fassbender-ew-1373.jpg

ew-1373-xmen-evan-peters.jpg

ew-1373-director-brian-singer.jpg

Last edited:
While im al for a change of design (example leto's joker which i love) some design just dont feel right. Having that with their design of apocalypse. His performance might be excellent but this is the kind of villain that also needs to look the part not just act the part. Psylocke and the others do look like they came right out of the comics which is always good.

Would be alot better :p
X-MenLegends2RiseofApocalypseApocal.png

Wow! Storm, Psylocke, and Jubilee look GREAT!
I'm digging Tye Sheridan as Cyclops, and Sansa Stark as Jean Grey?? I mean, come on!!
Apocalypse is a bit of a let-down so far, but otherwise, THIS LOOKS GREAT!

New costumes look great, they're sticking close to the comics this time. Psylocke looks STRAIGHT out of the comics and Magneto's new costume looks pretty sick. I do wish Apocalypse was bigger but if Isaac's performance knocks it out of the park, this would've been the smarter route than a mo-cap CGI character.

I agree with everybody on the costumes, they're looking pretty good, better than Supe's from MoS and the FF, I'm glad the costumer for this movie (and the director) decided to largely more away from the highly textured stuff that was used in MoS, once again S vs. B, and in FF, I really hate the look of that type of material, it's just too over textured for my tastes. Even though these costumes look pretty cool, I wish they'd tone the details down just a little bit, fewer lines on Psylocke's and Quicksilver's costumes would have been nice, make them look less armored.

I'm hoping that this is just Apocalypse in a "resting" state, and that he'll be a lot more impressive when powered up.

Meantime, I'm liking most of the new stuff, including Storm's mohawk (even if they're still getting her eyes wrong *sigh*)... But I'm very, very grumpy that they're going with Asian-swimsuit-model Psylocke. Maybe I'm showing my age, but I preferred her original incarnation (mainly after she going through the Siege Perilous and got armor to compensate fo rher purely mental powers):

psylocke2.gif

Would love to see this translated into a practical physical costume.

--Jonah

The costumes are looking awesome, Louise Mingenbach was costume designer for the original X trilogy, Origins, and DoFP. Basically every X film we've seen except First Class. Which means she and Singer have grown to appreciate the comic versions and want something closer to the pages rather than original ideas. The armor looking stuff Mystique and Quicksilver are wearing look a little plastic-like, I hope those are some kind of flightsuit add-on or something lol. I'm sorta glad Wolverine hasn't popped up yet (i want to keep my sanity and not be overhyped) but its a matter of time before Hugh posts a teaser of his outfit!

Take the bottom left one's head and put that on the top left one's body and combine that with the streamlined look with the movie version's and that'd be the look for me.

Beyond that, I don't much care for the costumes of the others (or in movies today, in general). There's so many lines and plated segments, I feel like it's overkill. Complexity, I don't think, necessarily equals "better".

Last edited:

Take the bottom left one's head and put that on the top left one's body and combine that with the streamlined look with the movie version's and that'd be the look for me.

Beyond that, I don't much care for the costumes of the others (or in movies today, in general). There's so many lines and plated segments, I feel like it's overkill. Complexity, I don't think, necessarily equals "better".

The guy cosplaying Apocalypse in the lower left is Mick Ignis. He is quite skinny. Like, Doug Jones levels of skinny.

Here he is as Apocalypse at SDCC 2014 (yes, he's got Doug Jones next to him):

10397288_871910969504251_7603217356931858452_o.jpg

This is him as Thanos at SDCC 2015:

d2b222c04846d283338b0f8a86c7c8a2.jpg

This is what he actually looks like:

10293659_559847180798957_2211821649764468814_o.jpg

That looks phenomenal! Shoulda went with that face for the movie! :lol However, I know it's to make him looking mean but when it comes to translating it to film with prosthetics, I wish make-up effects artists would do away with the permanently arched-eyebrows. Things can look mean without arched eyebrows and even more so when the actor wearing the make-up has the ability to express and perform through it rather than be limited by it.

Two things that make it look bad...color choice is very blah and blends together. And the smile lines should have been kept FO SHO...

Everything else would've worked I think if they had left those two things like the comic. Of course the First Class X-Men haven't disappointed me so we shall see how this plays out.

Here's my super crappy edit on a tiny pic, solid pieces instead of Iron Man Mk V IMG_20150716_205834.jpg

Also, does anyone else think that Cyclops' jacket is Beuller-ish?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back