Guardians of the Galaxy (Post-release)

The way I interpreted the joke was that he changed his answer.
You know, like those bozos who reflexively agree with everything they hear ... but later have to correct themselves? That's why Peter rolled his eyes. That's why it's so funny.

He understood it, he just didn't agree that "everyone knows".

Well, if you're dealing with galaxy renown Drax The Destroyer, would you really agree that everyone knows, potentially pissing him off and him eventually killing you for making him look like an idiot? Any smart person wouldn't.

Would you say it's worth it? I have pre ordered one and I'm on the edge of cancelling it, but I'd need advice x)
I have seen the Elite version too, I rather like their sculpt, but it's the double of this one in price! :x

Would you say it's worth it? I have pre ordered one and I'm on the edge of cancelling it, but I'd need advice x)
I have seen the Elite version too, I rather like their sculpt, but it's the double of this one in price! :x
Most FE products seem to have their prices dropped after several months or after a year, cause they are still having lot of product stock. And though this is a popular character, I don't think this will sell out nor will it shoot up in pricing. (I could be wrong though). So you might as well cancel your pre-order and wait for the video reviews to show up, and then decide if you really want it.

The pricey one by Elite Creature indeed has better sculpt, paint job and finishing, including a better facial expression. But again it's also static. Neither one really is selling the proper motion version, which is its novelty factor and could be a better selling point.

Well, apparently the premium baby groot will be a limited edition with a certificate of authenticity so I doubt of the really large stock. It's not even on eBay, which is odd. So not sure, it sure is a lot of money... Especially in the UK x)

My guess is that the edition size is likely between 400-500, which is still a lot if they don't sell well quickly. Once they start shipping we will see the eBay listings. You still have time as this won't ship until Oct-Nov.

Since there is still lot of time, don't cancel it for now.

When October arrives, you will cancel it on your own when you see other new BTTF merchandise which will be more enticing ;).

Would you say it's worth it?

For a couple hundred bucks I would honestly expect movement in the arms and torso. Obviously it wouldn't be possible to get it exactly like in the film, but clever use of gears and pulleys in combination with a smartly programmed control chip could take it pretty far.

Okay, strange question here, for anyone who has the Awesome Mix Vol. 1 CD:

Does it auto-eject when you play it? Mom's only played it in her car, but every time it gets to the end, it auto-ejects from the car stereo. This is the ONLY CD she has that does it. Near as she can tell, it's because old Walkmans and such would pop open when it reached the end of the side, so you could turn it over for the other side, and they're trying to recreate that feel, but we dunno.

Does it auto-eject when you play it? Mom's only played it in her car, but every time it gets to the end, it auto-ejects from the car stereo. This is the ONLY CD she has that does it. Near as she can tell, it's because old Walkmans and such would pop open when it reached the end of the side, so you could turn it over for the other side, and they're trying to recreate that feel, but we dunno.

Try it on a home stereo. If it does it there, it's a feature like you said. If not, it's a glitch or a problem with the car stereo.

Try it on a home stereo. If it does it there, it's a feature like you said. If not, it's a glitch or a problem with the car stereo.

I don't think it's something with the car stereo, since this is literally the ONLY CD that it does it with. I haven't gotten a chance to check it in my laptop yet (that's the only other thing we have with an eject button that would work).

I was wondering if anyone else had this happen, since my assumptions are either it's a feature, or a glitch with our specific CD.

The implication would be there's a sound that can trigger an eject on players. I don't think that's the case. Otherwise, the tone would've been outed long ago as a way to eject a stuck disc.

The implication would be there's a sound that can trigger an eject on players. I don't think that's the case. Otherwise, the tone would've been outed long ago as a way to eject a stuck disc.

Not necessarily. Most modern car stereos work similar to a computer, so you could add an executable to a CD to program it to trigger the eject. Which is what I'm assuming this is doing.

But the way audio plays, itself, wouldn't trigger an executable.

You can have a multi-session disc that has a CD-audio port and a data portion. There's nothing in the spec that says play the cd-audio portion, then, if it exists boot the data portion of the disc - which then activates the autorun file, which could then eject the disc.

I actually have a disc with something like 13 songs and a small data portion on it. It has 2-3 5 minute videos on it. If i stick it in my car (which is 3 years old) the data portion is flat out ignored.

Here's the thing - and it should be easily checked on a computer - for a program to be run off the disc, there has to be a data session on the disc. In windows, you can go to disk manager (not windows explorer) and it'll show you the different parts of the disk. Manufacturers stick hidden partitions on hard drives all the time for use in restore operations. You can't see it through windows explorer, but you can see the partition via disk manager.

Looking at it another way - if I'm a CD engineer and i'm going to stick code in there, my code isn't going to eject the disc. I'd write it so it plays the disc repeatedly quite frankly. There's no benefit to me - as someone pushing an artist - to want you to remove my artists disc from the player and move on to something else....
Not to mention, in order for that executable to run, it has to be on a data file system the head unit could recognize and then have something tell it to run.

If a Walkman did that you would drop tapes on the ground all the time.

And it's unlikely a "feature" since neither the TPS-L2 Walkman or that Milano in-wall tape player in the movie do so.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back