Risu's Star Lord build

Any chance I could get that file?

I have a file if you want it...actual size, all I did to make mine was print it, razor blade it out and use an office glue stick to adhere it. If a glue stick can hold a logo on a kick drum for three years of solid use, it can keep this label stuck to a cassette tape :D

Turns out that file is based on another RPF member's design and I cannot offer you that particular file, BUT hit me up on a PM and I'll see what i can bang out for you on my own. :D I'm good at Photoshop and can produce it pretty easily; it's not rocket science. Will I do a run of these things? Perhaps....

This is like a two by one weave. The overall color is similar and the style of weave is close, but it's got the two stitches vertically for every one horizontal. I'm supposed to get my two swatches by Wednesday and on Saturday I'm hitting the LA fashion district. If I find the exact stuff there I'll most likely have to buy a solid yard of each, so I'll be able to hook up a couple people, but I'll freely share it's origins for anybody who can go and buy more. Assuming I can find it up there in the half a day I have to look around.

You know I'm interested. I need all the things!

This is like a two by one weave. The overall color is similar and the style of weave is close, but it's got the two stitches vertically for every one horizontal. I'm supposed to get my two swatches by Wednesday and on Saturday I'm hitting the LA fashion district. If I find the exact stuff there I'll most likely have to buy a solid yard of each, so I'll be able to hook up a couple people, but I'll freely share it's origins for anybody who can go and buy more. Assuming I can find it up there in the half a day I have to look around.

Thanks for the clarification Risu, I hadn't considered he weave count :facepalm But looking at what's represented on screen, the circles-pattern looks so worn away that I think I could probably fudge this. If I were to get this screened, what method would you suggest to wear it down? A baking powder scrub or somesuch? Knowing you're hitting the fashion district down there, I wish I could hop in a car and meet-up with you on your shopping endeavors on Saturday but I live up in the SF area. For any one who's up in my neck of the woods, there's a place in Berkeley called (aptly enough) 'Discount Fabrics' ...(see image)...where I picked my bag fabric up...
Discount Fabrics Berkley.jpg

I bought a bunch of fabrics on Saturday, here are some pictures of those and the ones I already had.

First, the pants fabrics. I got the corduroy a while ago. It doesn't read as well in the photo, but it's an exact match for the screen used fabric.

Then I bought some stretch denim on Saturday. I'm not 100% sure on this one because of the stretch, but it's at least a good placeholder.

I've ad dark brown lambskin sitting around for years for the holsters.

And here they all are together without flash.

I still have to find the heavy upholstery canvas and find the web site where I originally found the grey elastic again.

I also bought some red sheepskin, which I think is pretty much dead on. I'm going to take down the shine a little bit and darken it with some leather dressing.

And here it is with the lining fabric, which matches the color of the real stuff pretty well. I haven't found the netting for the lining yet or the twill for the jacket body.

And this is the best one I found, I'm pretty sure it's the actual bag fabric. It's a perfect color match and a perfect weave match, right down to the twisting pairs of thread in each stitch. I plan to dye half of it and it will be enough to make 2-4 bags. Not taking interest in that at this time, so please don't request to be put on the list.

And last, my girlfriend found this one. It's the exact color and drape of the main fabric on the prison uniform pants. All that we still need for those is the shirt fabric and the gold trim on both. Plus whatever those little metallic badges are on the back of the neck, sleeves, and hips.

None are from Jo-Ann. I got the corduroy at Michael Levine, but it was the last they had on the bolt. The denim, bag fabric, lining, and prison fabrics all came from small shops in the garment district, I don't know their names. And the leather I got at a place called Ortu leather in downtown.

Also, I might have found a place that will custom make the magnetic snaps. The minimum is 500 pieces, so I'd only need a few people to split it to place an order. I'll know more about pricing and timeframe once I send them blueprints for manufacturing, but I'm hoping it'll be reasonable.

None are from Jo-Ann. I got the corduroy at Michael Levine, but it was the last they had on the bolt. The denim, bag fabric, lining, and prison fabrics all came from small shops in the garment district, I don't know their names. And the leather I got at a place called Ortu leather in downtown.

Also, I might have found a place that will custom make the magnetic snaps. The minimum is 500 pieces, so I'd only need a few people to split it to place an order. I'll know more about pricing and timeframe once I send them blueprints for manufacturing, but I'm hoping it'll be reasonable.

If the price is reasonable I might be willing to help you out with that.

Cool beans. I'll start an interest thread once it looks more definitive. The more the better, there's a price break at 1000. If each person gets 100 that would be a pretty easy goal. The count, just for fun:

Jacket: 19
Pants: 10
Bag: 24

Factor in a few mistakes and a learning curve, i think 100 would be a safe bet. I didn't bother to do the coat/waistcoat since I'm not really planning to make them right now, but there are probably a LOT.

Well, here is the elastic I bought:

http://www.pacifictrimming.com/default/1-flat-band-elastic-130302-13-colors-available.html

I got it today, and it's a tiny bit thinner than the real stuff, and the border is slightly more pronounced. But so far it's the best match I've seen and it'll definitely work.

On that site, they also have these rivets, which I bought for the bag.

http://www.pacifictrimming.com/default/hardware/flat-rivet-17105.html

However, I might place an order from this Etsy seller, found by Star Lord Man, because they have them in aged brass:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/187864107/50-round-rivets-flat-single-cap-stud

Oh, and in my bag scaling adventure, I also verified that the oval eyelets on the bag are the 1.25" size. Which is frustrating, because the ones on the jacket are definitely the 1" size, which I already had the tools for.

Oh, and in my bag scaling adventure, I also verified that the oval eyelets on the bag are the 1.25" size. Which is frustrating, because the ones on the jacket are definitely the 1" size, which I already had the tools for.
Risu - hit me-up for those 1" ones...I have 80 of em...just shoot me your address and I got you covered, man.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The more I look at them, I think the gold ones I got are going to be great. The rivets on the bag actually are pretty shiny. They've got some antiquing done to them, but it's not as dramatic as the Etsy ones. That being said, the Etsy ones match the color of the snaps better, if we ever manage to find those. I'm going to put in a couple hours of searching tonight.

Soulinertia points out that she shared that link with me, although when we were going back and forth on email, I kind of *did* stumble across that on my own...either way, we all ROCK at finding stuff and sharing it :)
Well, here is the elastic I bought:

http://www.pacifictrimming.com/default/1-flat-band-elastic-130302-13-colors-available.html

I got it today, and it's a tiny bit thinner than the real stuff, and the border is slightly more pronounced. But so far it's the best match I've seen and it'll definitely work.

On that site, they also have these rivets, which I bought for the bag.

http://www.pacifictrimming.com/default/hardware/flat-rivet-17105.html

However, I might place an order from this Etsy seller, found by Star Lord Man, because they have them in aged brass:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/187864107/50-round-rivets-flat-single-cap-stud

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple new things. First, here are the boot rockets I printed out on the da Vinci 1.0 printer at work. It's kind of a piece of crap, but I'll make them work.

And second, here's the fabric I'll be using for the collar on my shirt. The red is how I got it, the white is after Rit color remover.

I have some extra, so if you're interested, please check out my thread in the junkyard.

http://www.therpf.com/f75/star-lord-shirt-collar-fabric-225622/#post3442554

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back