Guardians of the Galaxy Orb Infinity Stone

Why does everyone paint their orb metalic first? If you paint it black first, then you can dry brush on the metalic, so you already have the depth. After you can give it a black wash to pick out the fine surface details. Then clear coat for protection.

Why does everyone paint their orb metalic first? If you paint it black first, then you can dry brush on the metalic, so you already have the depth. After you can give it a black wash to pick out the fine surface details. Then clear coat for protection.

I can only speak for my Orb when I say that it is a lot easier to paint the Orb metallic silver first and go back and pick out the black as there a lot of tiny areas that need to be picked out in black and it is a heck of a lot easier to do it that way. Dry brushing silver afterwards wouldn't give as nice a finish if you were do that last and it is likely you would end up painting some of the recesses and you'd have to go back and touch them up with black anyway, so it saves time to do silver first then go in with the black with a fine 00 or 01 brush.

Wow, that orb looks sweet!!! May I suggest slightly darkening the "pitted" parts, just the merest shadowing, a slight patina if you will. I think it would make the rest of the orb really stand out. Hope you dont mind the suggestion. All the best buddy :) (Oops, my bad. Didn't see the last couple of posts before posting my comment, haha.)

Wow, that orb looks sweet!!! May I suggest slightly darkening the "pitted" parts, just the merest shadowing, a slight patina if you will. I think it would make the rest of the orb really stand out. Hope you dont mind the suggestion. All the best buddy :) (Oops, my bad. Didn't see the last couple of posts before posting my comment, haha.)

No problem, that's easily done.
I still have an Orb left if you are interested in buying one?
See the link below for my For Sale thread.
http://www.therpf.com/f75/guardians-galaxy-orb-50-last-one-218173/?highlight=orb

My love of the Marvel cinematic universe has led me to start making up a prop collection. I have a clear acrylic Tesseract that I had made to go with the Efx Captain America Coulson cards, I think I may need to add a Chitauri spear to the growing collection but until then I decided to get cracking on a Guardians Orb.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Henry Jackman dropped the ball with the Captain America: The Winter Soldier soundtrack, it was dull compared to the great work on the all previous MCU film scores.
Sorry bro but I have to disagree, The Winter Soldier soundtrack in my mind was one of the best

Sorry bro but I have to disagree, The Winter Soldier soundtrack in my mind was one of the best

To each his own I guess.
I just felt it was the weakest of all of the MCU film soundtracks.

I have a good feeling Brian Tyler will deliver another epic score with his work for Avengers: Age of Ultron and I have my fingers crossed Christophe Beck gives us a nice thematic score for Ant-Man.
Roll on the 23rd of April!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back