My Newest Real Parts Lightsaber Addition - A Genuine MPP Microflash Flashgun!!

I have seen there is a problem with the lever pin.
Depending on which version you wil make, can be possible to remove the lever for accuracy (ESB version?)

Yep... not a problem... as I mentioned the lever is only being held on by a cotter pin so all I'd have to do is remove the pin to remove the lever...

My Hasbor FX shroud fits on my real MPP...

Even without clearing the guide tabs... which would be more than easy. It's off a little in dimensions, but close enough.

You know, I tried to buy a Parks MPP clamp (I ate my pride and noted they are good replicas) and he wants an incredibly ridiculous amount for shipping. That, and the stories of shipping taking months turned me away. I contacted Yodas House and have an unfinished clamp on the way

Yeah, $20 shipping for a clamp is robbery. I almost got one too. I've shipped entire flashes for less than that. Priority shipping for something like that is cheap. Ridiculous!

Yeah, $20 shipping for a clamp is robbery. I almost got one too. I've shipped entire flashes for less than that. Priority shipping for something like that is cheap. Ridiculous!

Yeah that's why I'm a little hesitant... shipping for both a shroud and a clamp from Parks is $30!

It's amazing what a couple of wires can do

Attachments

• 8283254B-33AF-433D-9C15-377D45ED7B05_zpsfgcst1cw.jpg
    8283254B-33AF-433D-9C15-377D45ED7B05_zpsfgcst1cw.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 173

As you can see on the ROTJ version the position of the color wires is red, brown, grey, blue and then white ... the brown is a hard color since it's a more reddish brown as opposed to the more lighter brown we have today. Indeed the blue is like the Royal KLM airlines blue not sky blue ... and I happen to find some in an old vintage slide-projector along with the white of the correct gauge ... just found a vintage red wire last week ... all that remains now is the reddish brown before I can finish my DV MPP ESB/ROTJ style.

I'll post some pictures of the ones I have when it's daylight out ... bare with me guys :)

Chaim

and where did you find correct wires?! Did you do the blue and white too?

Um... blue wire?!? So what you're saying is that don't use Master Replicas as a guide to build this thing lol!

For the brown wire, go to an automotive parts store and look for a trailer wiring kit... its four 18 gauge wires (green, yellow, brown, white) connected together... all I did was strip the yellow and green wires and voila... though now you're telling me that it's a grey wire and not white with the brown??

Yep ... grey with brown ever since the discovery of the real ROTJ MPP :

And I'm in Europe so I'm not quite certain I'll find the correct reddish brown in an automotive parts store here though, yours looks close but it seems a thinner gauge then your white :wacko

And blue and white wires as can be seen here on the only backside picture available :

Chaim

Last edited:
Ok all you damn perfectionists (grumblegumblebluewire?!?!grumblegumble)... better now? :)

mpp9_zps0974fc7b.jpgmpp10_zps8595ccfb.jpgmpp11_zps6f32eefa.jpg
mpp12_zps61d4c19a.jpgmpp13_zps922e0ee1.jpgmpp14_zps35363e2b.jpg

I just got my t-tracks from Gino so I'll be working on that next.... still need my plastic sleeve replaced though...

Debating about just leaving the two-step shroud and using that... I'm keeping the M.P.P. plate on so it's already not going to be 100% accurate anyways...

Nice job getting the wires in there without sticking out too far. Mine were so stiff i had to leave them rounded.

I have some white wire from an old Kobold (actually its two kinda stuck together which you can split) which I've used and looks good. Let me know if you want a bit of that?
DSCF4925.JPGDSCF4927.JPG

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back