STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

One would think that if the order fell apart while he was a padawan, his training ended there. He probably thought that he was the last of the Jedi and one would assume that any exploration of the force would be in his own direction.

I can tolerate the voice actors doing other characters, but I would've been very disappointed if Vader had been handed over to any other than JEJ. This rocks!! :D

If I had to speculate I would say this is a onetime special occasion. Just like Samuel L Jackson doing Mace's voice for the Star Wars Clone Wars animated movie. I would not expect him to do Vader's voice for each appearance even if the character only makes an occasional showing.

If I had to speculate I would say this is a onetime special occasion. Just like Samuel L Jackson doing Mace's voice for the Star Wars Clone Wars animated movie. I would not expect him to do Vader's voice for each appearance even if the character only makes an occasional showing.

I think you're probably right. And I'd venture a guess that this will probably be the only appearance of Vader in this show.

I actually wanted Avery Brooks to do Vader in Episode III, when Anakin's just turned and his anger is running hot and he doesn't have the calmer demeanor he evinces in Empire and Jedi.

In other news, I've now watched "Spark..." a couple times and have been able to sift what works for me and what doesn't. I really hope they improve the animation -- especially of hair. Those Wookiees were just painful. I can see where the Disney comparisons were coming from, especially with Ezra. His eyes and nose are very Disney. And did they have to call him a street rat, just in case the Aladdin comparisons weren't already going to be flying?

I like Kallus, although I don't like the continuation of people with brutal names as bad guys. Until I started seeing it spelled online (I'd been trying to avoid spoilers), I heard it in my head as spelled "Callas". I love his armor and Roman Legionary-inspired helmet. I'm curious why his uniform isn't the ISB uniform we see only a few years hence in Star Wars.

As with Clone Wars, I wish they'd let the aliens speak their own languages, with subtitles. It won't happen massively often, and I had no problem reading them when I was a kid.

I like the McQuarrie inspirations popping up all over, from the stubby-winged TIEs to the concept IG-88s to the concept Chewie who's one of the central characters.

I don't like how Ezra can do so much without any training or even knowing he has Force ability. Luke was supposed to be one of the more powerful Jedi ever, and growing up on Tatooine he had no indication beyond being a good pilot like his dad. He trained on Dagobah for months before he could Force-jump like Ezra does without even thinking about it.

I don't like the way the Stormtroopers are animated. Something looks too funky about the helmets' faces. I do like how they're characterized, though. And I do wish the "your first Jedi, sir?" guy hadn't gotten killed off.

In general, I'm optimistic. I just really want the animation to improve.

--Jonah

I don't like how Ezra can do so much without any training or even knowing he has Force ability. Luke was supposed to be one of the more powerful Jedi ever, and growing up on Tatooine he had no indication beyond being a good pilot like his dad. He trained on Dagobah for months before he could Force-jump like Ezra does without even thinking about it.

--Jonah

well, Ezra is a thief, on his own relying on himself and sneaking around.. perhaps he doesn't know his extra abilities are anything out of the ordinary... Luke was a whiney, pampered farm boy and "always with him what cannot be done" :D I agree to a certain extent... but like I say, Ezra's lifestyle and self reliance is the catalyst perhaps for his being able to already jump higher or be in tune with slight future events... I loved that Kallus kicked that stormy down! :D didn't expect it and that's what I want... to be surprised by things. lots of easter eggs already...
10671419_364727400350556_1245375042260596092_n.jpg

image.jpg

Star Wars: Kanan #1 is a new ongoing series launching in April, 2015. The first arc will be by Greg Weisman and Pepe Larraz, and it explores Kanan's backstory starting with Order 66. The arc is called "The Last Padawan." It will follow how Kanan escaped the extinction of the Jedi and his origin on the run as a young trainee.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
sat down to watch the episodes again and the more I watch the more I like it! I do notice some typical "pixar style movements" that are reminiscent of how Woody in Toy story moved around.. Kanan and Ezra both had what I call "Woody Moments" but it doesn't bother me as I am a huge fan of Toy Story anyway... just that I have seen the Toy Story movies so many times that I instantly recognized the motions just like we can recognize the Wilhelm scream when used! :D

So far, my favs are Sabine Wren and Garazeb "Zeb" Orrelios

I think everyone is reading waaaayyyyyy too much into Yoda saying 'The last of the Jedi will you be'.

It doesn't matter if there are 50 Jedi or 50,000 Jedi left. The plan is to bring down the Emperor and Darth Vader and return balance to the force. Only Darth Vader can do that, so the only 2 Jedi's that matter are Luke and Leia. They alone were the only two Jedi who could redeem Anikin and destroy the Emperor because of Vader sacrificing himself to save his child(ren).

Besides, Yoda and Obi-Wan were trying to encourage Luke and prepare him, and most of everything they said to him was locker room talk to get him ready for the big game.

As far as 'Rebels', it's good but it's a Star Wars reboot.

Ezra is Luke
Kanan is Han Solo and Obi-Wan combined
Leia is split into the 2 female characters
Chewbacca is purple and talks
Chopper is R2-D2
The Inquisotor is Vader
Kanans ship is the Falcon

All we're missing is C-3po. Based on the concept they have given us I expect it to be well received and liked just like the original Star Wars.

agreed... but it works for me. :D

As far as 'Rebels', it's good but it's a Star Wars reboot.

Ezra is Luke
Kanan is Han Solo and Obi-Wan combined
Leia is split into the 2 female characters
Chewbacca is purple and talks
Chopper is R2-D2
The Inquisotor is Vader
Kanans ship is the Falcon

All we're missing is C-3po. Based on the concept they have given us I expect it to be well received and liked just like the original Star Wars.

"When gone am I...the last of the Jedi will you be." - Yoda in ROTJ.

I haven't watched the show yet, but I'm excited for it. That said, they're gonna have some 'splainin' to do about that line. Either it means Yoda was wrong (in which case they have to explain why/how he was wrong), or it means Ezra and Kanan die.

Not really because as far as Yoda *knows* for 100%, Luke and Leia could have been the only potential Jedi alive. If you go by the line about the rise of the Dark Side hurting the Jedi's ability to use the Force, maybe Yoda couldn't sense any more Jedi. That doesn't mean there weren't some that escaped. Whether The Force Unleashed is still canon is debatable, but it shows a Jedi on Kashyyyk, which was Starkiller's father. We also know from the movies (or OT novel?) that Vader was tasked with hunting the remaining Jedi down. The Empire also apparently thought they had done the job, but that's also as far as they knew. If any survived, this would be the time period where the most were alive.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back