efx 1:1 Yoda ESB puppet

Yeah silly :rolleyes Just its coming from an authentic source doesnt make it more accurate....especially when its coming from eFX. We have examples for this in the past. I'm pretty sure they will make clean ups where its not needed as in every of their products.Do you know at the moment how the casting results will be? How they will finish the puppet? Do you know the casts/molds the Yoda will be made of. I would be more than surprised if the eFX Yoda will be on par with the Cyberman Yoda in the end. But we will see it in a few years.

Back me up RPF.
Something cast from original is always more accurate than a fan sculpt.

That is not a slam to Cyberman or any other sculptor. There are some extremely talented people doing amazing work!
You can prefer fan sculpts if you choose. Nothing wrong with that. But to treat this EFX Yoda like it's just another Yoda is stupid.
The fact it is cast from original parts not only makes it unique, but the most Accurate to the original Yoda.

Will it be finished well by the factory, perhaps not. That is a discussion worth having.

I never said its just anotherYoda nor do i treat this Yoda offer.....but i dont take everything as gospel just because its coming from eFX. So an eventually bad cast with flaws and warping is better than a perfect fanmade sculpt for you....even if it looks less accurate? Thats your opinion....i have mine so dont tell me what i have to think.

Like with anything screw even the prototype.

When the product starts shipping THEN you can bash the RPF's favorite piñata! :lol

So why should it be a more accurate version than Cybermans. If you have seen his Yoda please tell me what to make more accurate. Just because the eFX is coming from an original doesnt say it will be a more accurate representation of this character in the end.

If you would like to take the time to re-read my comment, I did in fact write "Therefor, theoretically, eFX's offering should be a more accurate representation".
As for telling you how Cyberman's Yoda could be more accurate, perhaps you could oblige by doing the same in regards to eFX's upcoming offering?

If you believe a fan sculpt to be the most accurate representation compared to something which has yet to be produced from original parts , who am I to argue.

Dont care what you think or isnt it allowed to have his own opinion here without getting trouble with some fanboys?

I'm a" fanboy", a Star Wars fan boy. Whether it be something produced by an incredibly talented artist here on the RPF, such as Cyberman. Or from a licence holder who manages to bring a great product to market.

As for having your own opinion, was not what I initially wrote an opinion? Yet you obviously had no issue with trying to attack that.

Stop feeding the Troll! :lol

Hopefully Gino will catch his breath and post some more info! :thumbsup

While I love Cybermans talent and his awesome Yoda a fan sculpt will always be inferior to an original cast.Its all about lineage. Even if it only retains 50% of originality its still 50% more genuine than a fan sculpt. I'm not bashing Cybermans work,he's an awesome sculptor but facts are facts.

Ben

Right not to take anything away from Cyberman and his outstanding Yoda but as you said a fan sculpt is just that.

While I love Cybermans talent and his awesome Yoda a fan sculpt will always be inferior to an original cast.Its all about lineage. Even if it only retains 50% of originality its still 50% more genuine than a fan sculpt. I'm not bashing Cybermans work,he's an awesome sculptor but facts are facts.

Ben

Yeah I don't want to take anything away from Cyberman. The guy is insane talented. If I only had 1/10th of his talent i'd be immensely happy. Lol :)

Ben

I really like this Yoda and the fact that it's actually a puppet is really neat.

Instead of a super accurate puppet I'd be really happy with a mixed-media statue. The Pepsi and Rubies versions are nice but far from accurate and lacking in the ESB coolness factor. For a lower price point I hope possibly after the puppet they might offer just a statue.

Sorry guys didn't mean to start any war, am just really happy with my Cyberman Yoda but totally understand the lineage from a direct cast etc. The only other thing I like is that I have the same eyes from the original company in UK who made the original yoda eyes :)....well that's what I was told lol. Cost me a lot more but I liked the thought of that.

Sorry guys didn't mean to start any war, am just really happy with my Cyberman Yoda but totally understand the lineage from a direct cast etc. The only other thing I like is that I have the same eyes from the original company in UK who made the original yoda eyes :)....well that's what I was told lol. Cost me a lot more but I liked the thought of that.

Thats awesome,a cyberman yoda over here.Nice!!
Dont get my comments wrong,I would have one in a heartbeat:) They are awesome.

Ben

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back