Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

That's a good point. You'll need some kind of spacers to lift it away from the mounting plate.

A stand/mount specifically designed for the model would have been nice, instead of throwing in a generic TV mount to make do.

After doing so much to put a (basically) MR Falcon in kit form, why didn't they adopt it's mounting as well.

I'm still hoping to find someone to fabricate an internal bracket to put a mount through the lower turret.

I really can't see the use of this thing displaying the MF. The MF really has to be viewed at all angles to be appreciated. Having this thing being able to somewhat turn partially on one axis doesn't do the model justice. A better idea would have been to have a single armature with a ball joint so that the MF can be displayed at various angles and attitudes.
I never intended to use the mount to display my MF, but I will use the Deag mount for either a TV or computer moor support.

TazMan2000

Last edited:
I kinda figured it would be some cheapo lame t.v. bracket. So much for the "custom made wall/table top mount" they advertised. Oh well, at least ots "free". Still, the subscribers in the U.S. seemed to be shafted on the free gifts. No t-shirt, no figures, a single binder that's a pain to use and a wall bracket you could pick up at a dollar store for about $20. At least the model is really really accur....oh wait.

The four mounting points on the base. The ones the large bolts go into, through the holes on the lower plates and into the frame, which was obviously part of the design of the frame and the lower hull plating. Spacers are included so the model stands off the bracket some.

The four mounting points on the base. The ones the large bolts go into, through the holes on the lower plates and into the frame, which was obviously part of the design of the frame and the lower hull plating. Spacers are included so the model stands off the bracket some.

Since its free for us in the USA.....Im just gonna use the part that connects to the falcon and rig up something else to that plate.

Is anyone doing clear/translucent resin engine nozzles? Instead of using the boring, flat white translucent piece with the grid that DeAgostini supplies, this would go behind an engine grid (which would also need to be done, though Shapeways artists have created some) and let the LED light shine through the engine nozzles.

An example of one engine nozzle "block" is attached from Tony's Shapeways page (this was for the Hasbro Falcon). These are very expensive via Shapeways and I didn't see any for the DeAgostini Falcon anyways. I remember others had done them for Hasbro and Fine Molds and created them via a mold and then sold reasonably priced resin sets.

Didn't know if anyone has heard anything. I figured if others are doing them for various other Falcon models that someone would be doing them for the DeAgostin too. So far, zippo.

Thanks,
Chris

EngineNozzle.jpg

Is anyone doing clear/translucent resin engine nozzles? Instead of using the boring, flat white translucent piece with the grid that DeAgostini supplies, this would go behind an engine grid (which would also need to be done, though Shapeways artists have created some) and let the LED light shine through the engine nozzles.

An example of one engine nozzle "block" is attached from Tony's Shapeways page (this was for the Hasbro Falcon). These are very expensive via Shapeways and I didn't see any for the DeAgostini Falcon anyways. I remember others had done them for Hasbro and Fine Molds and created them via a mold and then sold reasonably priced resin sets.

Didn't know if anyone has heard anything. I figured if others are doing them for various other Falcon models that someone would be doing them for the DeAgostin too. So far, zippo.

Thanks,
Chris

View attachment 702602

You might want to contact Tony and see if he could make you a single engine nozzle "block" and then you could use that one print to make casts of all the others yourself, perhaps using clear resin like they were done for the FM falcon kits...One print would not be very expensive at all, but you may want to order other parts along with it to save on the shipping as you will pay the same shipping for one part as you would on several parts.

I would like to get these also, i have tony's 2mm engine grill, its very nice.

One would be fine so i could make clear ones (obtaining permission first of course)

That's a good idea except I'm not a molder/caster. Which is why I was hoping someone was producing these or going to produce them.

So if anybody does... let me know. :)

Chris

You might want to contact Tony and see if he could make you a single engine nozzle "block" and then you could use that one print to make casts of all the others yourself, perhaps using clear resin like they were done for the FM falcon kits...One print would not be very expensive at all, but you may want to order other parts along with it to save on the shipping as you will pay the same shipping for one part as you would on several parts.

Only a couple of weeks ago? I payed a couple of months ago and still have nothing! I spoke with customer support yesterday and they claim that they now have the parts in stock and should ship soon. I guess we'll see.

Only a couple of weeks ago? I payed a couple of months ago and still have nothing! I spoke with customer support yesterday and they claim that they now have the parts in stock and should ship soon. I guess we'll see.

".....After the numerous mis-representations in emails and the numerous mis-representations in phone calls to Customer Service, even with the latest claims everything is now in the warehouse, I have to say there is a 50/50 chance anyone sees anything being shipped from the warehouse even next week. It will be another 1 to 2 weeks before we see Month 25. Like me, DeAgostini collected the final subscription payment starting in the middle of November, from thousands of US customers. Super un-ethical, and not the type of company I would do business with again. No business is so incompetent that they could allow a complete failure to have the exact same parts available in the US, that were shipped to the UK 3 months ago. The only reason is they ran into past payment issues with the Chinese suppliers, and were forced to pay up front prior to shipment to the US, using subscribers monies....."

I know it sounds like a "conspiracy" theory, but think about the 3 month delay to get the same parts shipped to the UK and not any to the US. Please think about it, the red portion of the same post above, written on the DeAgostini site, was edited out with no explanation from the site Administrator's. They couldn't delete the entire post because it was "more truthful then they were"

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back