Mcquarrie Concept Saber

DylanRose

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well ChickenHaunt beat me to it but I figured I would share my progress as well and get some questions answered. Like Chicken Haunt, I piked up the Ralph Mcquarrie art book a little while back and as soon as I saw the concept saber drawing I knew I was going to need one.

So I started building out a CAD model a little while back. Ideally I would love to get this machined down the road so I'm trying to design with that in mind.

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-30%20at%202.13.03%20PM.png

That being said, I have a general question about designing threads. Most of these parts I would like to be threaded together but I'm new at this so I'm wondering if there are any sorts of best-practices or 'standards' for defining the threads. Is it just sort of a free-for-all or are there common thread dimensions I should be referring to? OR is this something that is generally left up to the machine shop? Like just letting them know which walls need to thread together and letting them handle the details?

very nice! where did this picture pop up from? this is the first seeing it and hearing about it, a new book release with it in it?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back