Flame Effect for Ghost Rider Costume??

clancampbell

Sr Member
Does anyone have any ideas for the flame effect on a Ghost Rider mask?
I was thinking of getting some flickering led tea lights, cutting them down and attaching them to the cranium of my latex mask, but the mask is fairly tight to the head leaving little room for the base of such items....

Any help would be great!

Rich

Does anyone have any ideas for the flame effect on a Ghost Rider mask?
I was thinking of getting some flickering led tea lights, cutting them down and attaching them to the cranium of my latex mask, but the mask is fairly tight to the head leaving little room for the base of such items....

Any help would be great!

Rich

Just throwing in a random idea ...

What about those fan blown fake braziers that were a deco hype some years ago. You'd need some very light fabric, some kind of fan and lights and hide it under the jacket collar.

maybe build out the mask so theres room behind it , replace parts of it with clear stuff and some how get red and yellow coloured stuff to spinn behind it in those areas. god knows how you would do it but it might give a flame effect :confused

or as a final resort a lighter and some petrol might do it for ya :p

j/k kids dont try that at home

How about making a seperate appliance which fits around the mask, with flickering LED's inside?

Kind of like the Ghost Rider action figures have (sans LED effects):

RAH_Ghost_Rider.JPG

Not sure how this would look in person...

Maybe try something silmilar but use yellow and red muslin-type fabrics and a few small fans to blow them out, to simulate flame..?

Looking forward to see what you come up with!

How about making a seperate appliance which fits around the mask, with flickering LED's inside?

Kind of like the Ghost Rider action figures have (sans LED effects):

RAH_Ghost_Rider.JPG

Not sure how this would look in person...

Maybe try something silmilar but use yellow and red muslin-type fabrics and a few small fans to blow them out, to simulate flame..?

Looking forward to see what you come up with!

Hmmm....yeah....i like this idea!

Rich

Looked alright. The costume was done for a kid's party but the idea was there - orange fabric for the neck and collar. One thing he was toying with but never materialized was the blower fan effect. A little too much engineering for such a mediocre effect. Not sure how to achieve the 'wow" factor wth something like this. :unsure

Well, i've decided to go for the Human Torch wig which will be the core of the flames....i'll build some extra flames with red+yellow cellophane and hopefully incorporate the flickering led's to light up the cellophane....

....well....it MIGHT work....

Rich

Well, you could make a hollow metal helmet with holes in it and then run a line to a propane tank on your back. Light it up and instant fire. Be sure to insulate the helmet or you'll get horribly burned and probably die.

Of course I'm just kidding. Don't do that.

Well, i've decided to go for the Human Torch wig which will be the core of the flames....i'll build some extra flames with red+yellow cellophane and hopefully incorporate the flickering led's to light up the cellophane....

....well....it MIGHT work....

Rich

I use a Human Torch wig for my Firestorm costume. I had to sew it up a little tighter to make it snug against my head so it wouldn't move around.

They tend to come a little "smushed" so I had to stuff mine with batting to make it full and didn't light mine up. It can be done though- it just wasn't really neccessary for my costume. Had I done it though, it would have glowed but wouldn't have been really bright.

Anyone come up with an idea? have a friend that is doing this costume, and we can think of anything beides the fan and light material...

Silicone flames? kinda like the lightbulbs covered in it?
Hobby Lobby has some crystal clear high temp glue sticks, you could probably pour the melted glue into a mold filled with the lights. It would be super heavy though.

You could always go for the undead troll doll biker look with a wig and hairspray.
IMG_2836Large.jpg

try custom cutting a mix of colored cellophane and tissue paper, and just make sure its windy outside. lol

if its cut into flame like shapes, it should be pretty good in the way of looking fiery.

I was going to say try glue sticks, they're fairly cheap and if you paint them right they look good. I used them on small scale on a ghost rider 2099 figure i made. The best effects is to use clear paints like a clear orange and clear red as they layer nicely.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back