Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Thank Riddigger for the measurements! I might message you to confirm a couple things...but thanks so much!

Well I finally have something new to post.

I discovered a wonderful bike shop on the west side of Indianapolis called Bicycle Hospital, and they have been great to help me get things moving....and their prices are great too.

I had them cut down and install my springer and I bought some new rims and tires from them as well. I'm not sure if I will keep these tires on my bike because ultimately I'd like to have some Lightning Darts, but for now these look good and will function well when I ride it.

So now that I have wheels and the springer is installed, I decided to go ahead and do a rough fit of all of the parts I have. I'm getting fenders next week, so once I have those I guess I'll have to take more picture. In the meantime....

Last edited:
Ok....pics are fixed :)

DROID: Holy cannoli … that looks fantastic! Man, you and H0T are making great progress and getting great results. Congrats -- I'm totally jealous! Hooking up with my friend Don tomorrow evening to rough the structural parts of my bike together as well. Then I can finally start sizing, testing and tweaking templates for all the custom cuts. WIll focus on spin-wheels and frame insert first.

XTRMN8R17: Here are pics of the back side of the smaller siren box you asked about. Hope they help. Also pics of the persons siren gaskets I made. I had two options, "sadly small" or a "little large" … so I went with the ones that are a little large. PS: If you need a handlebar coupling, PM me your address and I'll ship one out to you. Made an extra for you just in case.

DROID: I snuck the super delta rocket ray into a shot so you can see the top red insert I mentioned and the front reflector. Also snuck in what I'm using for my silver tank button -- unless I find a better option. -- BB

Ooohhhhh!!! I love the persons gasket. Looks spiffy.

I should have the Persons bracket back from the shop this week. Im excited to get that mounted next.

I would be game for a set or spinners, skirts and frame insert if you are making multiples. What is that metal coupler I saw a bag of? any extras for sale?

H0T, XTRM and DROID: Packages were mailed today. Enjoy!

DROID: Here are pics of the spin-wheel product I mentioned. I believe Nick posted an eBay image of one earlier in this thread in a different color combination. Seemingly, this is what they were emulating on the Big Adventure bike. These are large … like 12". Cool graphics on the packaging.

So I got some new pieces for my bike today!

Tank came in and my machinist called to tell me the Person's Siren brackets were done along with my prototypes for my spinners. It's been a good day and I still have more parts coming!

Tod, Andy and Mike...I'll ship out stuff to you by the weekend.

u6asezy7.jpg

e3ata3aj.jpg

uqahujuz.jpg

enu4ydum.jpg

Sweet! It all looks great, Gregg. I love it when a plan comes together. Hopefully my template did the trick and this thing will sit nicely on the truss rod. I saw so many versions of this bracket mounted so many ways in different scenes and photos that is was hard to know exactly what to do with it. Thanks much. -- BB

I thought about having more of the brackets made but they would be about $40 each. Not sure many people would pay that for such a small part. It just took my machine shop a lot of time to make them.

Here is a pic of the spinner in place. I have a couple ideas to work through. It still needs to be attached to the spokes and have a spacer put in to push it away from the forks

jamyvuge.jpg

If anyone else is interested, I'm going to do a run of spinners for a couple others.

They are laser cut out of 1/16" cold rolled steel with a .68" hole in the center to fit comfortably next to the spokes.

$30 a set should cover everything.

Gregg

DROID: As requested, pics attached of the back of my large mirror. (Hard to get pics of something so reflective.) It was NOS so I also included the packaging header. Dimensions are: Chrome mirror casing: 4" | Reflector: A hair under 1.5" | Length of stem: 6"

Made some local calls yesterday looking for a super delta rocket ray for you -- and struck out. WIll let you know if anyone comes through with one.

H0T or XTRM: I have extra fenders. Let me know if you still need a set.

-- BB

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back