General Gundam/Mecha Cosplay Tutorial

Maybe im missing something but what does one do about measurements? This is well done and quite informative but its all useless with no margin of measurements.

There is a load of info here and it is very detailed, but I think you may have to use some initiative and figure out the scaling to best suit your height and size.
there are other threads on here regarding scaling you could poss use one of them to help you.

Just found this. This is going to help seeing as my first costume build from EVA foam is going to be an MS Girl.
I'm bound to still get things generally wrong, though. The concept of a Zaku's arm to me is odd. If you look carefully, it's an uneven octagon at the wrist, incorporating four long sides and four short sides.
I keep thinking I'm in over my head, but hopefully this will go away in time...

Epic costume Clive! You are an inspiration to anyone who dreams of making a Gundam costume, me included.

How did you glue the corrugated plastic together? From what I've read online, it seems to be very difficult.

First off, I want to thank you for your work and it is phenomenal. I have a question regarding the platform shoes. I have seen a couple varients and would love your opinion on them. The main one I have seen, aside from the ones you've listed, is this:

gundam_platform_shoes_by_tatsutetsu-d5se7rq.jpg

Do you believe your solid platform setup is better/lighter? I was thinking of using only a wooden bottom with EVA foam for the rest of the platform according to your model, but I stumbled upon this and would love feedback on the idea. Lightweight for increased mobility is a high concern for me.

Hey Clive! I didnt know you were on here! Always inspiring!.. Anyone who doesnt already know.. This guy is a BEAST!

and the winner for best tutorial goes too.........drum roll................clivelee :D seriously though very well done and very informative

Just found this and boy is it gonna help loads.

I know this is an old thread but had to put a reply on it.

Also would it be ok to use what you have created Clive?

I not I will get my Victory Gundam under way, anyone know of any places to get decent reference material.

Allan

Last edited:
I made an account just now to thank you. I was so clueless as to where to even start and this makes it a lil less intimidating for someone like myself. So, THANK YOU!

Hope to use this site often and maybe make some pals.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back