Efx has a new $300 Darth Vader (precision cast replica) Helmet

You have an insanely impressive collection...it made me gasp. Just awesome.
Mine is as big as my wife will allow without tormenting me about it.

I'm a weird collector in that I won't study a prop before I buy it, I just get it. If I don't like it, I sell it (usually taking a loss) and figure the money I paid was to rent it and evaluate it.
Pisses of my wife like you wouldn't believe. I can't help it when I get around Star Wars stuff. I'm 50 years old, but if you start talking Star Wars, I'm like ....12.

OH! I just got the third degree after I mentioned (for the second time) that I'm shipping off a second Vader helmet to get finished. ...She said she's worried about me and thinks I've have a problem.

I need to show her JKNO's collection. ;) ...That'll make my RS trooper and two Vader helmets look like kid's play - though I'm eyeing up two more Vader lids and an HDPE TK bucket. LOL

OH! I just got the third degree after I mentioned (for the second time) that I'm shipping off a second Vader helmet to get finished. ...She said she's worried about me and thinks I've have a problem.

I need to show her JKNO's collection. ;) ...That'll make my RS trooper and two Vader helmets look like kid's play - though I'm eyeing up two more Vader lids and an HDPE TK bucket. LOL

My collection is quite tiny compared to others here and on other boards. Glad my girl doesn't have any (major) issues with it, especially because she is a collector too (but collects other things) ;)

I may have a slight problem, but I think it's mostly a "good problem." I pointed out to her that ALL guys (and a lot of women) have hobbies like this, but even more, there are guys she could be with who are hunters, and that gear for a serious hunter goes well into the thousands, or big into sports with expensive gear ...things like that. It makes sense to her, until UPS arrives with a box that practically makes me pee myself. Besides, with such a huge resurgence of Star Wars in the next few years or more, it's prime time to collect.

AND YOU HAVE AN RS TROOPER??!!! I thought I had one, bought it from a friend who got it from an estate sale. I had guys at FISD go over it and turns out it's a recast out of Illinois. What the heck do I do with it now? :(

Anyway, back to the helmet. As much as I like it, I sure wish there was some type of padding inside. Easy fix though. :)

Last edited:
So I joined this forum in 2014, but never participated till now. Life-long Vader fan here. Don't always have the thousands to spend on making or assembling the amazing Vaders some of you all have. Years ago I got the Rubies Supreme Vader costume...and I know alot of you are going to roll your eyes, but there had never been such a complete costume off the shelf, it is amazing. The Helmet though...it always makes me laugh when I see a picture of it. I later got a very nice HEAVY fiberglass symetrical Vader from ROTS. Note the HEAVY comment. I saw one of these EFX on eBay and didn't even hesitate to click buy. I think, despite any flaws real or imaginary, that this will be great for trooping, lightweight and quite good looking. This is our hobby, this is our fun, and we all have different standards. You can bicker all you want over what you have displayed in a case as your screen accurate helmet, but when it comes to putting it on, and being in public, no one is going to notice any flaws....Because you are VADER....and you will suffocate anyone who dares criticize your costume. I can't wait to get mine.

So I joined this forum in 2014, but never participated till now. Life-long Vader fan here. Don't always have the thousands to spend on making or assembling the amazing Vaders some of you all have. Years ago I got the Rubies Supreme Vader costume...and I know alot of you are going to roll your eyes, but there had never been such a complete costume off the shelf, it is amazing. The Helmet though...it always makes me laugh when I see a picture of it. I later got a very nice HEAVY fiberglass symetrical Vader from ROTS. Note the HEAVY comment. I saw one of these EFX on eBay and didn't even hesitate to click buy. I think, despite any flaws real or imaginary, that this will be great for trooping, lightweight and quite good looking. This is our hobby, this is our fun, and we all have different standards. You can bicker all you want over what you have displayed in a case as your screen accurate helmet, but when it comes to putting it on, and being in public, no one is going to notice any flaws....Because you are VADER....and you will suffocate anyone who dares criticize your costume. I can't wait to get mine.

CONGRATS! You are going to absolutely LOVE the helmet!
Here's how it will look with your Rubies. 20160529_120213.jpg

Dunno why the pic went sideways. I'm building a whole new Vader and modding the Rubies helmet so I can use this costume as a "beater" the two don't really belong together, just putting the image into context. :)

If you get it. News flying around that eFX officially lost their license.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I was considering buying one for my daughter. I don't want one for myself as I contacted bookface about buying a darth ugly vader but I think I will just take home my old don post plastic helmet from the 90's that is at my parents house and give that to her. I was going to get a quasi but I just got some other props so i need to cut back on the vader helmet a little bit and I am sure I will be happy with the darth ugly.

Forgive me if I dont understand the right, but the ones on ebay for $325 are the basic version, but EFX was supposed to sell the special edition with the scratches and accurate paintjob for the same price?

Forgive me if I dont understand the right, but the ones on ebay for $325 are the basic version, but EFX was supposed to sell the special edition with the scratches and accurate paintjob for the same price?

Correcr. From how it was stated, efx would only be selling the special edition version that is hand painted via their website. But who knows if they will even sell either via their website. If you have been following the efx scout trooper helmet thread you will know what I am talking about.

just announced today Disney and LucasFilm new made to order line of authentic prop replicas StarWarsUltimateStudioEdition.com might explain why some are losing licenses

Last edited:
just announced today Disney and LucasFilm new made to order line of authentic prop replicas StarWarsUltimateStudioEdition.com

Good lord look at those prices. Looks like I might have to retire from prop collecting. :(

Ben

I just called bait me since they are located by my house and they are full stocked on them. I will stop by on Friday as traffic is horrible after work. Also they are offering free shipping on their website.

well I just bought one from baitme.com after reading the alerts, so hope it ships asap

Damn .. the prices .. shipping is already pretty bad outside the US .. imagine when it comes in a wooden box!!!

"Delivered in an exclusive, custom wooden crate inspired by the packaging used for the original prop"

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back