Star Wars Celebration 2017--Orlando, FL

Yeah, the next one will be in 2019. Not sure why though.

Probably to save a lot on convention costs internationally and they will probably keep it in the states, likely Anaheim, to coincide the launch of Star Wars Land opening in 2019.

That's my guess. More anticipation and build up in-between not doing them every year and so they can keep aligned with promoting the episodic Star Wars films the year of each convention.

The other possibility is they start bleeding these in with D23, but I doubt that since Star Wars is proven large enough to have its own convention.

You guys got any advice on when to arrive and get in line tomorrow to get in? I think the doors open at 10am?

I've got my badge already. I guess security is beefed up.

You guys got any advice on when to arrive and get in line tomorrow to get in? I think the doors open at 10am?

I haven't been since 2007, but back then I remember getting in line just before 8am and it was a really long line for a 10am start time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what your wanting to wait in line for. But I'm in northern Florida, and haven't left for the con yet. I have a lot of groups and feed's on my FB....With all the groups I'm on, I've already seen people waiting in line the 40th anniversary is already full. People are in lines for a lot of different panels already. They give out a wrist band, then call a count of heads, and that's pretty much it...they say it's full...sorry if that's not what you want to hear, at least it's the truth...

17798913_10210200274897923_5764422247745522345_n.jpg

Last edited:
Finished my son's costume, which was the most important priority...now to start working on mine...so, what do you all think of his costume? You can be honest?...

20170412_182012.jpg20170412_182015.jpg20170412_182017.jpg20170412_181935.jpg20170412_181949.jpg20170412_181952.jpg20170412_181957.jpg

Edit Update: The eye area has been blocked / Blacked out...So you don't need to bring that up, the issue has been resolved...also he will be wearing black pants, and black shoes...so no need to discuss that either...also we have black leather gloves for him so, no need to descuss that...

Last edited:
:::Reminder:::

This is the most up to date listing...

Here is the updated list of attendee's so far...

If your name is not on the list and you plan on attending our little RPF member meetup at Star Wars Celebration please simply let us know here that you plan on attending. (If something happens where your not able to make it, just let us know in advance)

::::SWC RPF Meetup Reminder:::

We will be meeting up at 5:00 pm on Sat April 15th.It will be the 2nd level which also seems like it may be the first level to some depending on where you enter. You can always ask someone that works there...It will be by room W207 area. Please refer to the map where the yellow circle and red x are. If you have any further questions please let us know. Thanks.

:::SWC RPF Meet-up Attendee's:::

Matrixspoon
hokie
Redwillow + 1
xwingfighter
MasterEdi
hdtheater
scottjua
SpaceMind
hutt
Thain
superjedi
joshvanrad
slothfurnace
helpfulnerd
muttley

Last edited by a moderator:
Kids kylo is pretty sweet, never had anything that cool when i was a kid! Great job on it! All I could suggest is add a little more fraying around his cowl for some added detail and maybe some light silver or metallic wash over the belt buckle, so it's not a solid black and looks like metal.

My plan for tomorrow is to watch the stream of the Last Jedi panel from home, and then head over at 1 or 2 to hopefully get in quickly and walk the floor. I've never been to a convention before, does this seem like a reasonable strategy?

I'd assume by then the line to get in would be gone and it would be more free flow, no?

Well, this year's Celebration will kick off the 8 month hype machine for The Last Jedi. Next year, there'll only be just over a month for the Han Solo movie. The promotions for that will need to start well before Celebration. While it would be awesome if they did have one to have the cast appear at a con just before the film, it might be difficult getting the stars to come out. I know I can't be the only one disappointed that Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver aren't scheduled to appear at Celebration this year for photos and autographs (still a chance as surprise guests at The Last Jedi panel).

Probably to coincide with this big thing opening in Anaheim and Orlando in 2019. Most likely due in Anaheim which is now up for that rotation....Orlando--Europe--Southern California

I wonder why there won't be a SWC next year? Is it because of this year's 40 Year Anniversary?

Would really love to go but sadly tickets from here in UK are a bit too high for me right now. Good to see though that people like Brandon, Stephen, Gus and Tom got to have their own panel. Will definitely be watching the livestream.

I feel sorry for Hayden. Prequel memes have gotten very popular as of late, and that dude is going to get savaged with questions about if he likes sand, and if he has ever heard the story of Darth Plageous the wise. Stay strong, Bro.

he seems like a nice enough guy and genuinely into it.

he just got the prequel acting shaft like alot of the even seasoned actors did.

and never listen to con staff. I find they tend to be vollunteers and usually the LEAST knowledgeable people on the floor.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't been since 2007, but back then I remember getting in line just before 8am and it was a really long line for a 10am start time.

reasons why i don't miss conventions.

especially the bigger ones.

I'm much happier going to retro con.

If anyone is attempting to brave the official merch booth for pins, please let me know. A friend of mine tried to go for me, but being only allowed one of each set, there's obviously ones she's keeping that we both want. Thanks in advance!

My plan for tomorrow is to watch the stream of the Last Jedi panel from home, and then head over at 1 or 2 to hopefully get in quickly and walk the floor. I've never been to a convention before, does this seem like a reasonable strategy?

I'd assume by then the line to get in would be gone and it would be more free flow, no?

Yes, that's the best plan, a lot of people waited in line for 3 hours to get in when it opened...I got there at 2 and walked right in no wait...

It's sad you have to miss that much of the day just to avoid the lines getting in, especially paying good money to go in the first place. No one should have to wait that many hours just to get in.

I hear a lot of it is because of the stellar lack of organization from good ol' ReedPop.

John Knoll was showcasing some footage he cobbled together while he was working on Rogue One. This one showcases a raw take of the briefing room scene from ANH.

Holy cow! They actually had that one Imperial officer say 'Sith Lord' in ANH? I'm actually shocked Lucas didn't include that into the later Special Editions of the film.

And here's a raw take of Gold Leader.

Huh. So he wasn't named Dutch after all. I can just imagine someone at ILM showing Gold Leader's Y-Wing bomb a rebel ship by accident, calling Gold Leader out on it and using that "Ah, Fu**! I'm sorry." at the end. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
It's sad you have to miss that much of the day just to avoid the lines getting in, especially paying good money to go in the first place. No one should have to wait that many hours just to get in.

I hear a lot of it is because of the stellar lack of organization from good ol' ReedPop.

what a shock.

first they turn new york comic con into an over saturated mess that it's so less fun i stopped going...

now this.

Yes, that's the best plan, a lot of people waited in line for 3 hours to get in when it opened...I got there at 2 and walked right in no wait...
I feel a little bit better about Saturday except I want to see a panel at 11:00. The news coverage of the lines is so bad I have already decided if the wait is too long I'm going to see if there are any scalpers to buy my ticket.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back