Walking Dead Season 7

Still can't get past the fact that supposedly it's been what, a few years since the end of civilization and you have a group of people talking like toddlers, who join Negan to increase their group/supplies and end up loosing easily half their crew. What a slap to the fans

The garbage pail kids were a total joke. I really took me out of the show whenever they were on screen. Totally stupid

I find the books are becoming nothing more but the same story just different players. I really didn't like the whispers.. I hope they don't include them in the tv series

Reading one thing on paper is different then viewing it on the screen..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read Compendium 3, which basically wraps up the Negan storyline, and introduces the Whisperers. After reading it, I reached the conclusion that the story was basically stale and had lost anything interesting about it. That plus there used to be more actual story, but now it seems to be a lot of splash pages which, in a way, just pads out the comic. I don't think they know where they're going anymore, and are just writing to continue pulling in cash. I read the wiki now every few months to see what's up, and it sounds like the answer is "SSDD."

I sat down to watch tonight's episode completely unaware that it was the season finale...

All I can say is: what an incredibly lackluster finale. I rolled my eyes when the dumb trash people turned on Rick and the gang and laughed out loud when Negan says "well, we're going to war" at the end...no duh Negan. Why didn't you say that half a season ago?

I'm usually not very critical when it comes to this kind of stuff, but this episode was just disappointing. I hadn't been very upset about the complaints this season has gotten, but half way through tonight's episode I realized that all of those complaints were totally warranted and that nothing actually happened this entire season. The season finale was what we've been waiting for ever since the season premier and yet it was still handled terribly.

Oh well...that's not to say I will continue watching because I will nonetheless.

Dear walking dead,

Do yourselves a favor and fire the entire writing staff for this ****-poor excuse of a season. Something has gone stale, and its not the source material, it's how the show is being handled. Maybe there needs to be a new show runner as well. Half of the regulars should have been killed off this season . . . no, two seasons ago! You've been playing it too safe. I hope for the sake of everyone involved in the show that this lame Negan BS doesn't drag on for another 12 episodes.

It was these exact things that had me pretty close to bailing on this show last year. They continually drag storylines out, usually sticking in original content that isn't particularly interesting or just takes some random tangent that ends up being kinda pointless. Like, remember when Beth and Darryl are wandering in the woods a season or two ago? And they get drunk together and Beth acts tough? What was the point of that again, if she was just gonna end up offed at the end of the season?

They take actual storylines from the comics (e.g. The Hunters) and blow them into full season arcs or at least half-season arcs when they probably take up maybe 2 issues if that. It's just padding, padding, padding all the time, and the problem is that it mostly just allows the show to demonstrate how it doesn't work. When things are fast-paced, tense, keeping you on edge, you don't have time to wonder how it is that, after several years, these zombies haven't decomposed entirely, or wonder how it is that SO many people apparently had automatic weapons, or why the hell anyone continues to follow Rick. But when they drag it out, it just leaves you all this time to sit and say "Wow....Rick is an idiot."

I'm done. The show has simply become too stupid.

Yup.

Honestly, for me, the last straw was the Glen fake-out death last season, when I knew they were gonna kill him later anyway. Occasionally boring I can handle, even if I don't like it. But out-and-out manipulative? **** you, Walking Dead. I have better things to do with my time.

We live in an era of peak television. There are plenty of better things to watch nowadays.

It's a shame, though, because the first couple of seasons were pretty good.

The biggest wasted opportunity was to finally get rid of Carl. But, as that whole scene played out I knew they never were going to go through with it :facepalm

What we NEED is for them to revisit the whole CDC storyline:

the-walking-dead-season-1-rick-jenner-113656-640x320.jpg

Yes, I get Kirkman hails from the Lindelof school of storytelling, "Well, what do YOU think it is?" - because, you know, that whole thing has worked out so well in the past with loyal viewers. I call B.S. There absolutely WAS an interesting story set up in that episode.

8b9d4967d96c23d2cbb10b0a8e2d3867.jpg

I guess my main gripe is the sloppy writing. Just a few things that really bugged me about last nights episode in particular:

- Rick and Rosita make the call to blow up Eugene just like that? WTF? Luckily the bomb didn't go off, but totally out of character for these two. Where is the loyalty? It's Rosita's fault that Eugene is under the thumb of Negan in the first place.
- Then we see Rosita get shot right? guess she is ok?
- Only the throw-away background characters get killed? Lame
- Seriously, no one who has spoken more than a single line was killed in battle? WTH?
- All of the garbage pale kids have guns pointed at the backs of Rick's crew, but in every single instance the survivors get the upper hand after Carl decides to start shooting. That is some slow ass reaction time and statistically impossible. Then they all just run around shooting them like fish in a barrel.
- Rick nodding to Morgan mid battle was soooooo cringy
- Ezekiel announcing their arrival with some kind of quick shakespearean victory speech was even cringier!
- When Negan is about to kill Carl, Rick doesn't even seem to care. No last words to his son. Nothing. Instead he takes the opportunity to threaten Negan again. Gee, I wonder what's going to happen . . .
- tiger jumps in to save the day, with the power of distraction - *facepalm Why didn't the tiger just attack Negan himself? Would Negan really stop mid swing because he got distracted???
- The entire episode was rife with poor editing too. Cutting between Sasha and Abraham, then Sasha in a box, then Sasha talking to Eugene, then Sasha in a box, then Sasha talking to Maggie, then Sasha talking to Abraham again, back in the box, talking to Negan, in a box . . . Ok, we get it Sasha is finally going to die . . . and who cares BTW. Her character was sooo boring. They should have ended her right before or after Tyreese died, yeah remember that guy? Her brother and way more interesting character.
- "We're going to war" - 'nuff said

Ok, rant off.

Game of Thrones can't get here soon enough!

You know, I'm pretty forgiving with this show, but I was disappointed with the finale. All the tension and build up was just destroyed when the garbage kids turned on them. How do you not plan for that? Those guys are shifty. It was really poorly done. They didn't have one conversation about the possibility of that happeneing?

They took what should have been a moment for Rick to rally everyone together and they made Rick, once again, helpless. For better or worse Rick Grimes is the lead character. He's supposed to be a hero, not a bumbling idiot who lets himself get shot, thrown off walls, and left at the mercy of Negan again. They gave a CGI tiger a huge hero moment that should have been his because the writers wanted to put him on his knees again.

And why doesn't he speak to Negan? Negan starts blathering on and Rick just takes it and stands there looking stunned and scared, and doesn't say a word. It makes the scene where he finally is defiant with Negan very empty. Nobody wanted to see them on thier knees again. After a season of tough talk, he got on his damn knees again just like that.

The comic handled these parts of the story in more satisfying ways IMHO. Glossing over the scenes where they are unified and standing together at the end also just felt like a wasted opportunity to give the audience a swell of positive emotion. Something to feel good about.

I'm just going to say this. Considering what happes with the characters in the comic, I would have been incredibly happy if Rosita blew up Eugene. That would have been a cool moment.

Really, Maggie should be in charge of the war. They write Rick to be too much of an idiot on the show. His comic book counterpart is much smarter. :)

I would have been incredibly happy if Rosita blew up Eugene. That would have been a cool moment.

I would have liked that too. Especially if it played out that she just made that call on her own against Rick's and everyone else's wishes because it had to be done. Sacrifice one for all. Make that the big moment of the show and give it some gravity. Then show her dealing with the emotional fallout of putting Eugene in that position and then being the one to pull the trigger that ended his life.

You know, I'm pretty forgiving with this show, but I was disappointed with the finale. All the tension and build up was just destroyed when the garbage kids turned on them. How do you not plan for that? Those guys are shifty. It was really poorly done. They didn't have one conversation about the possibility of that happeneing?

They took what should have been a moment for Rick to rally everyone together and they made Rick, once again, helpless. For better or worse Rick Grimes is the lead character. He's supposed to be a hero, not a bumbling idiot who lets himself get shot, thrown off walls, and left at the mercy of Negan again. They gave a CGI tiger a huge hero moment that should have been his because the writers wanted to put him on his knees again.

And why doesn't he speak to Negan? Negan starts blathering on and Rick just takes it and stands there looking stunned and scared, and doesn't say a word. It makes the scene where he finally is defiant with Negan very empty. Nobody wanted to see them on thier knees again. After a season of tough talk, he got on his damn knees again just like that.

The comic handled these parts of the story in more satisfying ways IMHO. Glossing over the scenes where they are unified and standing together at the end also just felt like a wasted opportunity to give the audience a swell of positive emotion. Something to feel good about.

I'm just going to say this. Considering what happes with the characters in the comic, I would have been incredibly happy if Rosita blew up Eugene. That would have been a cool moment.

Really, Maggie should be in charge of the war. They write Rick to be too much of an idiot on the show. His comic book counterpart is much smarter. :)

I too have been very forgiving with this show, but I agree with every single one of the points you've made. I'm tired of seeing Rick pushed around so easily and I yelled at my TV when he got shot. Seriously!? The writing is just so bad!

Neegans 'fun' one liners (once in a while) do NOT make up for episode after episode of......nothining'ness.

Unfortunately, hes been 'played out' now.. and there is no redemption for the character or that aspect of the storyline. (sad but true)

Sasha - cool ending.. but really.. she didnt 'get Neegan? (but some other random guy?....c'mon!) (sigh)

Dwight? (had many opportunities to cap Neegan in the back of the head during the madness) why didnt he? (lame)

Neegan got away.. (of course he did.. these writes have families to feed still).. (again, LAME!)

The baby-talking idiots from. who cares where. are a joke. Conceptually (OMG.. lets all talk in broken sentences...well just for funzies I guess) <- no logical meaning for this. and in any sort of execution of their characters. (cant kill Neegan, cant kill Rick.. worthless 'fluff' for the show)

Sasha/Abraham scenes.. PLEASE! (enough already).. ok.. ok.. I get it.. 'we're killing her off,.. lets give her some screen time..yadda yadda'.. but it was poorly executed (not the acting. the choice of the scenes).. noone cared about the 'sorta' relationship they had.. and it HARDLY defined her as a character or had significance to us viewers/fans)..

***** and Maggie (writing on the wall here too)

This whole season finale` ranks right up there with Neegan blocking the gunshot from Rosita with his bat!

laughable!

The bat-block is actually in the comics, if memory serves, and it really unnerves Negan in the moment.

I dunno. I just got to a point a few years ago with TV shows where, if I've been hanging in and hoping it'd improve, and I keep ending up disappointed, I just...stop watching. Mid-story, at the season finale, whatever. Doesn't matter. I move on.

I did it with the Sopranos in Season 6 around when they had the whole sojourn to Vermot for Johnny Cakes. It struck me that the writers didn't know where they were headed.

I did it with Dexter in the final season because ugh, it was just enough already. Maybe 5 episodes before the godawful end that I heard about.

I did it with this show after the fake Glen death.

In all of these cases, I don't regret it. These shows run for too long. They start strong, usually with a really interesting concept, and then because they keep getting renewed, the writers just keep writing open-ended stories or dragging out the plot or whatever, and they never, ever seem to have a long-term plan.

I'll usually hang in if the show falls into the "It's not always good, but when it's good, it's REALLY good" category. But once we're out of that, screw it. There's too much other stuff to watch and too few hours in the day to waste them pissed off at a bad TV show.

Would Negan really stop mid swing because he got distracted???

It was a tiger, a freakin tiger!!! Thats a big distraction!!

But yeah, everything else, can't really argue with that.

When zombie Sasha came out the casket how did Carl manage to take out like 4 or 5 of them dumpster eejits and Rick managed to do nothing?

Now, the scene where Rick is on his knees again, he was teared up during Negan's monologue but wasn't shaking like a shTTing dog like the premiere. I was convinced this was going to be full on mental Rick back, the guy that bit someone;s throat out, especially when he got defiant. Here comes the big hero moment, but Rick managed to do nothing.

When they went after the oceansider's guns, they took a small group and managed a tactical masterclass of shock and awe and moving people where they needed to be to steal the guns. Then, tactically, for the big showdown with the saviours, Rick managed to do nothing.

At this point right now I wouldn't follow Rick in line at the buffet, never mind into a war.

All the negative points on this episode are being shouted into my ear by the wife, at length, she not happy!!

Tiger was awesome though.

I loved the episode! See all you haters for the season 8 premier in 7 months, lol. Like a bad accident, you will be back to watch, you know you will!!!!!

I actually liked the episode quite a bit. A few things...

The tiger looked pretty good in this episode for once. A damn sight better than that fake-ass deer from a few episodes ago.

They foreshadowed what happened with Sasha pretty well in the preceding episodes. Not sure if her Star Trek deal made that happen or if that follows anything from comic cannon.

I did know going in that Negan wasn't going to get got, between what I've gleaned about the comics and confirmations that JDM would be back next season.

This season has been a bit up and down for me. Carl and Daryl felt really underused and most of the new characters just didn't carry their own weight imo.

I think next season could be really interesting, and I hope that whatever drama they dredge up to put the Hilltop and Alexandria and the Kingdom out of alignment with each other is brought to a speedy conclusion (this is a standard trope and I'd be real surprised if it didn't happen).

I loved the episode! See all you haters for the season 8 premier in 7 months, lol. Like a bad accident, you will be back to watch, you know you will!!!!!

Gotta love this old meme that gets trotted out any time someone tries to have a serious discussion about their feelings towards the show. People have stopped watching. Truly stopped because the quality is so bad that they're better off just letting it go, regardless of how much they once cared for the show. It's pretty narrow minded to disregard those people just because you've decided you know they'll keep watching.

I guess my main gripe is the sloppy writing. Just a few things that really bugged me about last nights episode in particular:

- Rick and Rosita make the call to blow up Eugene just like that? WTF? Luckily the bomb didn't go off, but totally out of character for these two. Where is the loyalty? It's Rosita's fault that Eugene is under the thumb of Negan in the first place.

I was hoping Rick would shoot him as well. He's clearly made his choice to help the bad guys. I think that in the show Rick said that everyone on that side of the wall will be enemies. Oh and why all of the sudden is Michonne a completely useless fighter?

I hope they stop the GI JOE cartoon plot lines where at the end of every episode the bad guy escapes. I don't want this as drawn out as the Governor stuff, which they are lucky people still kept watching through. Oh and stop the stupid artsy crap! This isn't an indy film. I cannot stand when they skip around to different points in time beyond a clear flash back. They were cutting all over the place and trying to be arsty.

Holy hell that episode was poorly directed :facepalm

The battle sequence flubbed pretty much every action beat with poor blocking, lack of focus and worse editing. Compare and contast with the final battle with the Govenor in Season Three. Apples and oranges.

How the hell did the crews from The Hilltop and The Kingdom manage to get into Alexandria ? Did they come in through the front gate, avoiding the Saviour trucks using stealth Ninja tactics? What an unholy mess.

I truly hope the show runners pay attention to the falling figures and general fan antipathy towards this season and try and address the huge drop in quality. And replace the horribly miscast JDM with Rollins during the break.

I was hoping Rick would shoot him as well. He's clearly made his choice to help the bad guys. I think that in the show Rick said that everyone on that side of the wall will be enemies. Oh and why all of the sudden is Michonne a completely useless fighter?

I hope they stop the GI JOE cartoon plot lines where at the end of every episode the bad guy escapes. I don't want this as drawn out as the Governor stuff, which they are lucky people still kept watching through. Oh and stop the stupid artsy crap! This isn't an indy film. I cannot stand when they skip around to different points in time beyond a clear flash back. They were cutting all over the place and trying to be arsty.

G.I. joe cartoon plot is right. This scene was absolutely lol worthy.
https://www.reddit.com/r/thewalkingdead/comments/637jhb/spoilers_loved_this_scene_from_the_finale/

I was really disappointed in how Sasha/Holly was handled in this episode. In the comic Negan killed Holly to get Rick. Here Sasha killed herself and Negan had nothing to do with it. Very disappointing.

-Gary

How exactly did that tiger know who was good and bad in that fight anyway?
I was actually thinking that. I did love how the tiger came jumping in though.

I just really REALLY hope they don't drag this war out to all 16 episodes. Even 8 is a bit much. 3 would be fine, capture Negan and get on with it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back