TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Or--- that's the V2. Since the sandstorm was the first scene shot, and they realized they needed a new saber, they grabbed the shared stunt quick for a belt hanger. But maybe realized MORE painted needed to come off to look different from Obi-Wan. So maybe the paint was hastily and quickly scoured off.

Maybe the sand scoured it lol.

Here it is enlarged. I am seeing the long lever there, reaching into the black area of the "booster". It sure as hell looks like the V2, with SLIGHTLY more paint.

attachment.jpgattachment.jpg

Well, I "finished" my TFA replica. Roman's graflex and grips. I used the hex screws that came with it. Roy's clamp card and cover. I accidentally sanded some of the gold off the front of the card while I was trying to get it to fit. Also, you can see that the clamp cover doesn't sit flush with the clamp. I bent the tabs at the exact edges but there appears to be a hair of play. It only bothers me when I hold it because I can feel it wobbling in my palm. Otherwise, I am very happy with everything.IMG_2868.jpgIMG_2869.jpgIMG_2870.jpg

Put some double sided tape inside the clamp cover, I got mine to stop wobbling that way. Though the cut lines will always be flexible unless you put tape under them as well, but then they will collect dust and stuff through the grooves.

Well, I "finished" my TFA replica. Roman's graflex and grips. I used the hex screws that came with it. Roy's clamp card and cover. I accidentally sanded some of the gold off the front of the card while I was trying to get it to fit. Also, you can see that the clamp cover doesn't sit flush with the clamp. I bent the tabs at the exact edges but there appears to be a hair of play. It only bothers me when I hold it because I can feel it wobbling in my palm. Otherwise, I am very happy with everything.View attachment 701347View attachment 701348View attachment 701349

Wrap some tape around the clamp, then apply the clamp cover.
That should take up the loose slack.

Ive tried it with aluminum tape and double sided tape. Works great with both. It also works as a cushion buffer between the clamp and clamp cover to prevent scratching.

Last edited:
But Ben Burtt didn't edit the movies until the Prequels rolled around.:angel

Then he must have sneaked into the editing room to get a feel of the action on the editing suite, whilest simultaniously recording more sounds for the Endor chase sequence ... perhaps the grunting of Lucas is hidden in the speederbike's high pitched screamy-like sound fx? :lol

Chaïm

I have yet to attach the rivets but is this grip placement accurate? I put them flush with the bottom of the clamp

0f5c9f0e71ba0c43cc328a025f7ad0e6.jpg
fcb6b80701513e1d645970bdf3fcf782.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have yet to attach the rivets but is this grip placement accurate? I put them flush with the bottom of the clamp

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170126/0f5c9f0e71ba0c43cc328a025f7ad0e6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170126/fcb6b80701513e1d645970bdf3fcf782.jpg

Thanks halliwax!

So, as far as I can tell, no version has the grips all the way to the clamp, so I aligned mine closer to the bottom. There is a version seen where the grips are farther from the bottom, but they are also shorter over-all. The short grip version hass about the same distance from the clamp as from the bottom. I did long grip version.

Thanks halliwax!

So, as far as I can tell, no version has the grips all the way to the clamp, so I aligned mine closer to the bottom. There is a version seen where the grips are farther from the bottom, but they are also shorter over-all. The short grip version hass about the same distance from the clamp as from the bottom. I did long grip version.

I'm looking to do a TFA hero that has the longer grips. Dammit. Does anyone know the best way to get these off and reattach them?

Right, one TFA saber has the grips a little higher.

Personally, I only put the grips against the clamp if I plan on NEVER opening the battery case again. the Graflex needs to slide together about 1/16" before sliding sideways and unlocking.

Right, one TFA saber has the grips a little higher.

Personally, I only put the grips against the clamp if I plan on NEVER opening the battery case again. the Graflex needs to slide together about 1/16" before sliding sideways and unlocking.

very good point there tom!

So is there any way to get the roman grips off? Freeze them? Can I reattach them with the same adhesive back?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back