What is your favorite batmobile ever?

I'm kind of biased towards the Burton Batmobile. It's just so sleek and iconic looking. Plus it transforms into the Batmissile! The only downside is that the vehicle is so long and so flat on the road that I'd be scared driving that on un-even terrain.

I'm kind of biased towards the Burton Batmobile. It's just so sleek and iconic looking. Plus it transforms into the Batmissile! The only downside is that the vehicle is so long and so flat on the road that I'd be scared driving that on un-even terrain.

I liked the overall look and design of it, but I couldn't help but wish there was 6 inches taken out of the middle somewhere. The profile looked a bit too long for my tastes

Talk about keeping it simple! And the 1943 and 1949 Columbia serials followed suit by using a 1939 Cadillac convertible and a 1949 Mercury convertible, respectively. Top down, they were Bruce Wayne's daily drivers; top up, they were the Batmobile. The question is, since none of those cars were ever called "the Batmobile", do they count?

The first time they officially referred to Batman's car as "the Batmobile" was in February of 1941 in Detective Comics #48:

1st_Batmobile_zpseb1c3e2d.jpg

Loosely based on a 1936-37 Cord 812, the only visual reference to it being Batman's car was the bat-shaped hood ornament.

Getting back to the main topic, my favorite has become the Tumbler, with the '66 Barrismobile and the '89 Keatonmobile tied for a close second. But I haven't seen Batman vs. Superman yet, so that might change soon.

The 89, the 66, and the tumbler. I also like the one in the animated series but I don't think it counts.
Whether the source is comic books, live action, animated, video game, or whatever other medium you can think of, as long as it's referred to as the Batmobile I think it counts.

The thing I like about the '66 and '89 Batmobiles is that they look retro and futuristic at the same time. You could drop them into almost any era, and they wouldn't look too out of place. The only thing that "dates" the '66 is the five-spoke mag wheels--they scream 1960s-70s.

Last edited:
1397616805-13.jpgBatmobile3_wide.jpg

Torn between the two.

Both look like the Bat means business. Practical, but still with that edge of the fantastical, and gadgets to boot. I especially love that the BvS batmobile looks very batlike when its doors are open, as the ears.

I also have a rather silly soft spot for these two - I used to have both the toys as a kid, and they were amazing.

7a4e729c-c246-40e6-8930-9a76.jpg

lrg-special-hiddenpocket.jpg

Last edited:
I like the '89 and the "tumbler" but I think Bats should take a cue from the Green Hornet and maybe get something more,I dunno,low key? even the lambo people point to is too much a regular armored car with a few tricks tucked in would be more sensible.

Then have an wheeled AFV for "special" occasions.

Here's a real world one that would fit Batman:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/dartz-pombron-nagel-155-mph-10000-pound-towing-capacity-zany-armor/

[url]http://s26.postimg.org/qdipwi73d/Dartz_Prombron_Gray_Design_Three_Quarter_no_Logo.jpg[/url]
You know what I think would be awesome? If bruce owned several parking garages and carwarshes where he could quickly drive the batmobile in and then a "shell" of a different vehicle would get placed over top of it so it could move around Gotham undetected.

I also hate the idea of guns on a batmobile. What I would rather see are cabled spears that could launch into a vehicle in front it and grind it to a halt. Like fishing.

I just think that stealth should be the focus. And intimidation. What if it could light the street on fire behind it? To stop anyone in pursuit.

Ahhhh I really need to design my own and make a model

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

The "random pile of plate steel" bodywork needs to go away IMO.

It is not practical. Not pretty. Not Batty. In fact it has no purpose whatsoever, other than screaming "This is not the Burton/Schumacher Batman anymore!!!"

Okay, Warner Bros. I get it.

I got it the first time it appeared in Batman Begins. That was 13 years and 4 movies ago. Mission accomplished. Nobody still thinks of the 20+ year old movies as being current anymore. You can quit doing that bodywork now. Please.

Last edited:
The Tumbler is not my favorite by any means, but I did understand why it was there. In the Nolanverse that vehicle did have more practicality. Except for that stupid bit where it sucks you down into the dashboard to fire the guns or whatever. That was the stupidest thing I've ever seen! In the first place it would be physically impossible to do that. I mean, where do your legs go? You would literally be bent in half to do that! The only way it would work was if, during ALL driving, you body was positioned in the 'motorcycle' position. And it was already established that you are not. You just sit in it like a regular car.

That part, for me, was just totally ridiculous!

EASY!
#1: The Tumbler!
#2: Batmobile, animated series

The Tumbler is not my favorite by any means, but I did understand why it was there. In the Nolanverse that vehicle did have more practicality. Except for that stupid bit where it sucks you down into the dashboard to fire the guns or whatever. That was the stupidest thing I've ever seen! In the first place it would be physically impossible to do that. I mean, where do your legs go? You would literally be bent in half to do that! The only way it would work was if, during ALL driving, you body was positioned in the 'motorcycle' position. And it was already established that you are not. You just sit in it like a regular car.

That part, for me, was just totally ridiculous!

"the stupidest thing I've ever seen" it is definitely up there.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back