Deal gone bad with Toa Quarax

VilleLeskinen

Sr Member
Hate to do this but I'm not left with much of a choice:

I was contacted by @Toa Quarax thru PM on January 2nd on an item (Kango 426 drill) he wished me to purchase on his behalf as the item was on sale on a Finnish auction site and the seller wasn't interested in sending it to Canada.

I bought the drill and send it out on the 5th of February but have not received any sort of payment on it nor has @Toa Quarax contacted me since 9th of February (the money was supposed to be transfered the next day).

The item has been delivered (had tracking) on the 21nd. It's not really a money issue as it was 10 € for the drill + 35 € on postage but out of a principle I'm not letting this one slip. I even gutted the thing for free to make it cheaper to send out.

I send him a message yesterday saying I'm giving him a week to pay before making this public but seeing as he was online just 2 hours ago and has ignored my PM's and emails, might as well get this over with.

So, there. Just one more deal gone bad. Don't really care what happens with this but don't want anyone else getting burned.

ps. Even though I'm a member of the staff, my role in this case is just that of an RPF member.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your bad experience - I had a seller rip me off before on a item for my knight rider k.i.t.t. Car conversion - his name was Eric Nagy , he took my 150 usd and sent me nothing - that was back in 2002 - haven't had much faith since

Thanks for the heads up! A real letdown in this day and age that people with the same loves, take to ripping off others generous enough to help them. Shame on you Toa.

That sucks. I had a few people ship before I had a chance to pay, or they gave me the wrong Paypal email with a typo, and payment never went through. But I made darn sure it was corrected and sent ASAP! There are so many generous people here, there is no need to take advantage of the kindness and trust. :unsure

I will admit I don't know him personally, but Quarax has always seemed like a good dude to me on this forum & the AL and that is surprising. For what it is worth, I see he has also not signed into the Aliens Legacy forum since the day you last had contact from him (feb 9th). Perhaps he has actually had some type of personal issue that is keeping him off line?

I am hoping it all works out for you.

Thanks for all your support guys. Really appreciate it! :)

I will admit I don't know him personally, but Quarax has always seemed like a good dude to me on this forum & the AL and that is surprising. For what it is worth, I see he has also not signed into the Aliens Legacy forum since the day you last had contact from him (feb 9th). Perhaps he has actually had some type of personal issue that is keeping him off line?

I am hoping it all works out for you.
Could be. But then again, he was here (RPF) 9 hours ago so I have my doubts. Selective connection? :lol

Thanks for all your support guys. Really appreciate it! :)

Could be. But then again, he was here (RPF) 9 hours ago so I have my doubts. Selective connection? :lol

" My mother,brother ,father ,sister grandfather/mothers dog/cat died and i just got my car/house/tent/shed destroyed in a freak accident with a flood/tornado/thunderstorm and then i lost the key/computer/password/memory for a lot of days and that is why i have not responded to your request to send you the money".... "Why i have been online and not sent you a message?... ehhh , it my brother,sister, friend, thats been online and used my login....." Or "This is Toa Quarax mother/father/sister/cousin,,,,, sadly i must say that Toa Quarax just died so he can't send you the money he owes you.....but this place seems sweet, so i am going to use his login to check stuff out....."

Yeah, After a few years on the rpf you have heard almost everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
And suprise suprise, Toa Quarax is alive and well!! It was just that his PayPal, email and a few other accounts were hacked. And he has been to RPF but the PM notification system here wasn't working. I'll have to notify Montagar to fix that thing! :lol

Plus he hasn't actually picked up the drill (even though it shows as delivered), because he felt bad about getting it before I get my money. And he forgot the price of the drill so I only got the postage now. Later, I'll get the rest. Once things sort out, you know... :facepalm

Well his name around here is pretty much changed to Mud now.....

I know I wont do any deals at all with him....

And now I'm payed in full! Seems like the pressure was too much for Toa Quarax. I wonder if it was the postings on the Aliens wiki site he's an admin on? :facepalm

Well, I'm happy I got my money's back but it saddens me that this is what it took. So, proceed with caution as the story I finally got today was very different from the one he gave me yesterday...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back