Yoda VD lightsaber discussion

mandio222

Hi, i have read that the activation box is an oil pan from a Monogram '67 CORVETTE 1/12, but it looks nothing like it... so, there was something i miss?

chassis2.jpg

YodasLightsaber-RealProp6_zps03010294.jpg

And if anyone knows the size, model or something of the PEM nut?
Tks

Last edited:
Re: Yoda VD lightsaber question

I had a huge problem finding one... so I eventually gave up and made my own *down this thread*

http://www.therpf.com/f79/complete-another-yoda-saber-bolsey-flash-build-191987/

I'd say keep looking if you are after pure accuracy... but then you're using a bolsey as well... so...

There may be some names in there if looking for a PEM nut as well.... guys that helped me out.

If you have any luck with that screw that attaches the shroud to the hilt, I still have nothing, and would like to know what you do.

Good luck. it's a cool saber.

I had a huge problem finding one... so I eventually gave up and made my own *down this thread*

http://www.therpf.com/f79/complete-another-yoda-saber-bolsey-flash-build-191987/

I'd say keep looking if you are after pure accuracy... but then you're using a bolsey as well... so...

There may be some names in there if looking for a PEM nut as well.... guys that helped me out.

If you have any luck with that screw that attaches the shroud to the hilt, I still have nothing, and would like to know what you do.

Good luck. it's a cool saber.

I know but the bolsey is till when/if i get a praco, pay 20 for it so its good for now
Ive looking something like this
Mikuni N102 221 Main Jet SBN 172 5 N102 221 172 5 | eBay

When i looked into it a while back i used an oilpan from a 40 ford, but i was going for the esscence not accuracy of the saber, unfortunately i traded it to a midget and got shafted,, no pun intended. So i cant post a picture of it

To help with your question I asked the Mods to move this to the Star Wars forum for more exposure.

No worries. I have different ones from those but it looks like you've got your reference material covered.

Wow!!!
Glad you're that knit-picky...lol.
I always saw that hump and thought, "That's it!"
Never noticed the offset drain plug or non-curvature.

I just found this 1:12 Monogram 1967 Vette 427 Big Block engine--not it, either.
I'm now doubting it's even a Chevy engine with that curve!
Screenshot_2013-12-09-22-57-13.png

Now--we've got a real quest....

I was up until 1 am looking at various oil pans....lol.
No luck, put 60s-70s Pontiac was the closests match.
The shape of that sump block highly suggests American muscle car. I've narrowed my search for now to those.
Wish there was a definitive comparison guide online of oil pans.

Last edited:

Ok, im not the omly one looking at oil pans, good to know im no crazy... or im not the only one.
And i know thothing about cars... but havent yet seen any that is remotely close.

Yeah this is the problem I had... I checked every way I could think of... looking at any model car I could think of, and then actual car oil pans...

It doesn't LOOK like he added on the scooped part, but it's possible.

Didn't Chaim say he had one? interested to see what his looks like... he said it was close...

Ok, im not the omly one looking at oil pans, good to know im no crazy... or im not the only one.
And i know thothing about cars... but havent yet seen any that is remotely close.

Some pix from my Archive :

Yodaoncase-vi.jpg

yodasab2-a_zpsf65f3a62.jpg

yodasab9.jpg

yo5-vi.jpg

yo2-vi.jpg

Yoda_saber_emitter-vi.jpg

Yoda_saber_pommel-vi.jpg

And this was the model kit which I thought would have that oilpan ... but never paid the hight price on ebay to really find out, though :wacko

347955086_o.jpg

Chaim

Last edited:

and one more question is the pem nut plated or carbon steel, didnt saw the pics in the light have a bluish tint, like carbo steel

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back