Island ID bracelet

jediscout

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
As title says.

I don't remember ever reading about a positive ID about the bracelet. It is one amazing little prop.
Any information out there?

There was some discussion here shortly after the movie came out and some great screencaps, but I don't recall a positive ID on the bracelet. Does anyone remember some of the leads that were mentioned?
Industrial clamp? Pipe connector?

I love that bracelet.

l17026a4k219.jpg

x38300d5j219.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(motman241 @ Jul 31 2006, 08:25 AM) [snapback]1291197[/snapback]</div>
It kinda looks like that neck thing they used in Unleashed, with Jet Li. (but a lot smaller, obviously)
[/b]

The collar from Unleashed was a vintage ski binding.

z16862Unleashed01x219.jpg

o33460Unleashed02j219.jpg

m39762Unleashed03r219.jpg

[/quote]
Did this information come from someone who had a hand in making the props?
[/quote]

I don't think so.

<div class='quotetop'>(Jedifyfe @ Jul 31 2006, 09:33 AM) [snapback]1291236[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>
Did this information come from someone who had a hand in making the props?
[/b]

I don't think so.
[/b][/quote]

It's just those clamps are metal and would require a lot of grinding and modifying. The details are very different at the hinge, surface and inside which would preclude casting in resin and further modification.

I believe that it probably started as a clamp or banding of some sort but I think the original source is still unknown...

Yeah, I was never sold on the clasps pictured (in the link). They don't look at all right.

I've felt it was a custom piece, possibly incorporating a sport watch band--but was hoping there would be some breakthroughs/additional information about the bracelet. It's a killer piece.

Has anyone ever gotten closer to this? I found a Shapeways that was hella expensive, but lacking the "ID" element, which, let's face it, is the money part.
Ya, that shapeways model is the one I made. I also made the "ID Part" which I can email to you if you get one of the shapeways models.
Rob

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back