Hit-Girl (Kick-Ass)

Sweet! Well done on the Hit-Girl costume. You rock! You've no doubt practiced a repertoire of Martial Arts move for the cons. :)

I actually saw the new "Carrie" remake 2 nights ago. She really is a versatile actress (didn't catch her name). I think its the same girl who played Hit-Girl.

Again well done.

If I remember correctly, it was said the whole thing was only supposed to be as long as hit girl was tall. I can't remember where I caught that, I think it was the special features on the DVD.

That's absolutely right! In the first film the staff was as tall as she is, and in the weapons bonus feature on the KA2 dvd they say they scaled it 15% bigger so it's still as tall as she is. Fantastic to know!

Sweet! Well done on the Hit-Girl costume. You rock! You've no doubt practiced a repertoire of Martial Arts move for the cons. :)

I actually saw the new "Carrie" remake 2 nights ago. She really is a versatile actress (didn't catch her name). I think its the same girl who played Hit-Girl.

Again well done.

Thank you so much!!!! :) I think you're giving me too much credit, don't think I can pull off any martial arts moves in the costume I have at least LOL!

Chloe's absolutely incredible, I think it can go without saying that I think very highly of her. ;) She has one hell of a career ahead of her that's for sure.

Thank you again!!!

Also wanted to say that I just started my own facebook page for my costuming work, which can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/hypershadowcosplay :thumbsup

To my utterly uncontrollable glee, at my most recent con there was a DeLorean time machine replica! In addition to being a huge Kick-Ass fan, I'm also a huge BTTF fan (I'm a Marty too!). So in addition to naturally getting photos taken in the DeLorean as Marty, I knew I needed to get some photos of Hit-Girl in it too.

So a beautiful crossover was born:

DSC04025_zpsf83aae83.jpg

DSC04024_zpsdb595948.jpg

Kick-Ass to the Future!

Last edited:
:loveLove It! Hit-girl goes back in time and saves Big Daddy.

YES!!!! That would be fantastic. :')

That's great!, now you have to get a pic as Marty sitting in the Mist Mobile :lol ;)

Oh my gosh that would be so awesome!! :D It must come full-circle now!! I'd LOVE to see the Mist Mobile!

Some little updates of things in the works:

- I have a new kilt on the way in the correct Drummond Grey tartan which I'm very excited about! Dying it will turn me into a nervous wreck however.

- I'll be remaking my smoke grenade to be a more accurate size as the one I have now is too big.

- I'll be remaking my Mindy Stick for the 3RD TIME because I'm not happy with my most recent one. I'll be making this one more accurately scaled, and if I can manage it I'll be wrapping it in paracord like hers is as well.

Gotta get things done before ECCC! :thumbsup

YES!!!! That would be fantastic. :')
- I'll be remaking my Mindy Stick for the 3RD TIME because I'm not happy with my most recent one. I'll be making this one more accurately scaled, and if I can manage it I'll be wrapping it in paracord like hers is as well.

Gotta get things done before ECCC! :thumbsup

You and Mindy Sticks are like me and shields :lol

For give my ignorance but what is the issue with the paracord?
May be able to help or point to the right direction.

You and Mindy Sticks are like me and shields :lol

For give my ignorance but what is the issue with the paracord?
May be able to help or point to the right direction.

Hahahahaha!!!! It's just taking me a few tries to get it right to say the least. :lol

The only issue with the paracord is just my ability to hopefully keep the entire wrap tight enough to keep it going hahaha!! From what it looks like it's one long wrap on each side (obviously stopping in the middle so it can come apart). I'll be looking at some tutorials to get a better idea of the process. I'm giving this prop one more go before I leave it up to those more skilled than myself. Then again that's what I said last time. Oi...

I'll be working on rescaling the Mindy Stick this weekend and hopefully get a new blade template ready to go soon! Last time the blades turned out way too wide, so I'm hoping for a better result this time. :thumbsup

Hahahahaha!!!! It's just taking me a few tries to get it right to say the least. :lol

The only issue with the paracord is just my ability to hopefully keep the entire wrap tight enough to keep it going hahaha!! From what it looks like it's one long wrap on each side (obviously stopping in the middle so it can come apart). I'll be looking at some tutorials to get a better idea of the process. I'm giving this prop one more go before I leave it up to those more skilled than myself. Then again that's what I said last time. Oi...

I'll be working on rescaling the Mindy Stick this weekend and hopefully get a new blade template ready to go soon! Last time the blades turned out way too wide, so I'm hoping for a better result this time. :thumbsup

What about using glue while you are wrapping the paracord? something like E6000 should work fine and you can drill a hole and tuck the end of the paracord inside to give it a nice clean end.

What about using glue while you are wrapping the paracord? something like E6000 should work fine and you can drill a hole and tuck the end of the paracord inside to give it a nice clean end.

I have some E6000 so it's great to hear that will work! Also that is a fantastic idea for giving the wrapping a smooth look! A major thank you for the idea!!! :thumbsup

I'm pulling this thread back up to say "Congratulations!" to HyperShadow for making into the pages of the MillarWorld comics for June of this year. When the character's creator shows off your costume, you know you did it right, ;) way to go! :cool :thumbsup

Document redacted by JICT
attachment.php

Attachments

• June-MW-back-pages c.jpg
    June-MW-back-pages c.jpg
    605.7 KB · Views: 474
Last edited by a moderator:
There it is!!!! Thank you so much Bigdaddy!!! :D Looks like the feature will be in the last issue of Chrononauts: issue 4, out June 10th! Needless to say this is a huge honor. Having my costume acknowledged by Mr. Millar himself, as well as having it featured in one of his comics just blows my mind. Talk about a dream come true!

Also how about an update on that kilt? I got a real kilt in Drummond Grey straight from Scotland! Just as they did in the film, I dyed it purple which came out a bit light, but given that they upped the saturation in the movie, it does look similar to what you can see in the behind the scenes photos:

11081198_790672777686635_5522930078177804078_n.jpg

11050766_790672847686628_1158390729426550650_n.jpg

The kilt in action:

13529800023_9c295e86b7_o-resize2_zpsdszz3epq.png

Photography by Tranimaging.

In the photo you can also see my new Mindy Stick with the paracord wrapping I did!

Attachments

• 13529800023_9c295e86b7_o-resize2.png
    13529800023_9c295e86b7_o-resize2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 131
Hey hit-girl :) Your cosplay looks freakin amazing !!! Could you tell me from which sites did u buy the bodysuit and other parts(exp. the cape) from ? It would be nice if you sent me a link <3 keep up the good work ^^

Love your costume HyperShadow!

Can you tell me how you did the text on the smoke grenade? Also the fly-off lever & detonator housing - how did you make them? I'm thinking of making one myself.

Cheers,

Simon

Love your costume, I know I'm a late to this movie seen for the first time the other day on tv, and I love Hit Girl, you look just like Hit Girl your age and size doesn't matter you do really look like Hit Girl so now just go and Kick some Ass. Thanks....Jim

Love your costume HyperShadow!

Can you tell me how you did the text on the smoke grenade? Also the fly-off lever & detonator housing - how did you make them? I'm thinking of making one myself.

Cheers,

Simon

The text I did by hand very carefully with a sharpie. I replicated the text on my computer, printed it out, used tracing paper to pencil it on, then went over it in black! And the top of the grenade was ridiculously simple: just took the top off a toy one I found at a store and glued it on after painting it the right colors!

Love your costume, I know I'm a late to this movie seen for the first time the other day on tv, and I love Hit Girl, you look just like Hit Girl your age and size doesn't matter you do really look like Hit Girl so now just go and Kick some Ass. Thanks....Jim

Thank you SO much for your kind words.. you just made my day! I promise to keep kicking ass! ;)

I usually don't do cosplay comparisons, but in this case I was curious. In case anyone was curious too.. here you go! There's still things I want to tweak, but alas that's just how this hobby works: you're never finished!

HGComparison.jpg

Your welcome, and the comparison is perfect, I really hope they make number 3 movie. Jackwabbit has a cool Hit Girl costume as well. Your little saying below the page is perfect. Pants on Fire! Lol Thanks.....Jim

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back